U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 PM

26,670 posts, read 17,323,793 times

Advertisements

I had not had the chance to hear Anne Romney's View interview until just now, but are you kidding me?

Proselytizing in France for one's religion is serving your country and placing your life on the line?
Mrs. Romney is just as disingenuous as her hubby and her reponse to women's rights and her husband's schizophrenic stance(s) on the issue was pathetic.

Also, if her doctor son wanted to help help veterans, his time would be better spent practicing at a VA Hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM

23,992 posts, read 32,821,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I had not had the chance to hear Anne Romney's View interview until just now, but are you kidding me?

Proselytizing in France for one's religion is serving your country and placing your life on the line?
Mrs. Romney is just as disingenuous as her hubby and her reponse to women's rights and her husband's schizophrenic stance(s) on the issue was pathetic.
She said that?

Gawd...every time that woman speaks, diarrhea comes out, I swear.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM

16,437 posts, read 19,138,131 times
Quote:

If you equate changing one's mind with being schizophrenic then you must think all women are schizo...

Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,854,449 times
Quote:

Do you despise Conscientious Objectors as much as you hate Mitt Romney?

Something tells me this simple question will stump you into complete silence.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM

1,857 posts, read 2,093,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Conscientious Objectors typically don't openly support the war they object to.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM

26,670 posts, read 17,323,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you equate changing one's mind with being schizophrenic then you must think all women are schizo...
I can honestly say that no woman that I ever discussed the issue of a woman's right to choose with, ever took a stance based on political reason or which way the wind was blowing that particular day.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM

32,460 posts, read 26,332,322 times
while it isnt the same as military service, you might want to read about romneys mormon mission in france;

Mitt Romney's Mission to France | Mitt Romney - Mormon

Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,921,666 times
Quote:

Also, if her doctor son wanted to help help veterans, his time would be better spent practicing at a VA Hospital.
Why didn't Whoopi ask Michelle Obama the same question the last time she was on The View?

Go ahead, answer that.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:51 PM

87,003 posts, read 102,592,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Conscientious objectors also either serve in non-combat roles in the military, or do public service jobs in the civilian sector. They do not go off and serve as missionaries for their church, trying to convert people.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:53 PM

32,460 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Conscientious objectors also either serve in non-combat roles in the military, or do public service jobs in the civilian sector. They do not go off and serve as missionaries for their church, trying to convert people.
the mormon mission is REQUIRED SERVICE by the church, which is why the government allows draft deferments for mormons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies