Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 01:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Actually it's the US that is creating the growth of terrorists/spread of terrorism. If we didn't interfere with the governments of countries and/or left these countries alone there wouldn't be a considerable number of populations from various countries that hate us so much. And they will pass that hatred down to their children.
"Terrorism is the price of empire"--Pat Buchanan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 01:15 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
I'd vote for Romney

Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
By Jake Tapper

The list of senior terrorists killed during the Obama presidency is fairly extensive.
There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.
Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.
In August, ‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.
In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.
Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.
Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.
In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.
Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.
In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.
In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.
In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.
In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.
In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.
Remember when Rudy Giuliani warned that electing Barack Obama would mean that the U.S. played defense, not offense, against the terrorists?
If this is defense, what does offense look like?

The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt - ABC News
-Jake Tapper

Old 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I would, too. Why? Because I believe in freedom of religion. I know, I know...Muslims' freedom isn't the same as yours.
Now if it read "I will stand with Muslim extremist terrorists..." then I would disagree with it.
No, Muslims freedom is *not* the same as mine. My belief system does not demand that those who
do not agree should convert or face death. Mine does not demand a different legal system. Mine does
not insist that my daughter be put to death should she not agree with the family interpretation of the
belief system. Mine does not disallow the education of my daughter. Mine does not encourage self-
destruction in the slaughter of those who do not agree. Mine does not promote the murder of innocents.
Mine does not demand the death of those who do not treat a printed book with 'proper' respect.
Mine does not demand worldwide domination. Mine does not demand I grow a beard or wear funny
clothes. Mine does not allow pedophile practices. Mine does not encourage the killing of children.
Mine does not demand that my daughter or wife hide themselves head to toe in rags. Mine does not
follow the insane rantings of a savage warlord. Mine does not build its' strength by appealng to the most
ignorant and criminal in society.

Shall I go on?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If you were associated with Al Qaeda and looking at an American president who would you want as president? Seems to me Obama has been very bad for their health so they would want Romney. He has no commander in Chief experience, no military and seems to focus on how to minimize his own taxes, ignoring the rest of the world.

Be amusing to see Al Qaeda support Flip.
Obama doesn't have any military experience either. Bush only had a little.
I think Issa would probably be a good war president, because he's always witch hunting.
Harry reid would probably turn the other cheek.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If you were associated with Al Qaeda and looking at an American president who would you want as president? Seems to me Obama has been very bad for their health so they would want Romney. He has no commander in Chief experience, no military and seems to focus on how to minimize his own taxes, ignoring the rest of the world.

Be amusing to see Al Qaeda support Flip.
It's all smoke and mirrors. Obama fit the timeline of world Oligarch's to manipulate the world psyche....

O'bama is no more than a puppet, just like O'Bush, O'Romney, O'Clinton.....

They are all sell outs... Nothing Presidential since Kennedy, when he was killed for wanting to end the power of centralized banking. Which is the root of ALL global evil.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The only problem with your assumption is that Obama supported al Qaeda in Libya, as well as Hamas in Palestine, and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Obama is the only pro-terrorist President in the nation's history. Thankfully, not for much longer.
Actually Romney already declared he would flood weapons to Syria where al Qaeda is active. Secondly Obama has done nothing regarding Hamas, but Bush actually put them in power in Palestine. Bush also bullied israel into pulling their troops and civilians out of gaza, where Hamas is now in full control. Bush also opened the "university of terror" in Iraq which gave an untold number of people an opportunity to become terrorists.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah those golf clubs aren't really golf clubs at all they are Dick Tracy secret agent radio. You want Obama to have another 4 years because he has on;y done 2 years worth of work and that work so far has been useless.

I don't think we can take 4 more years of golf vacations.

BTW you got fair share of the debt ready to send in? Last time I knew it was $3,500 per every man woman and child.

I guess reading is not fundamental to you because if you had even attempted to do any research you would have found that he did take as many vacations as your hero bush did

Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I'm not saying it isn't worth the fight, I'm just saying that it is not going away, regardless of how many conventional weapons you aim at them. It's a culture thing compounded with a complete distortion of Islam, thus creating some of the most misguided, violent, and oppressive rule-of-law the world has ever known.

This mindset, it knows no compromise or good will, it knows oppressive rule-of-law and will use terrorism as a means to establish that - internationally. In other words, when you consider all the resources and lost lives we commit to this war, and consider the results of our attacks on the Islamic extremists, it is a zero-sum-game. The ONLY positive outcome in our minds, if that we are still alive and breathing, and at the end of the day, very little fundamental change has occurred in these terrorism hotbeads.
First through the arrogance and ignorance of many Americans manipulated by a leaning media and on top of that the lack of research on their part we assume that they want to rule the world and make everyone follow their laws. Alot of the terrorism would stop if we quit bombing the wrong places (schools, mosques, hospitals and innocent civilians), quit overthrowning their governments and officals, stealing their country's resources and giving them a fair shake at the negotiating table.

sadly if we were at the other end of the hostilities we would be doing the same thing.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And you didn't get the memo that democrats voted 149, republicans 147 to cut national security funding.

You do realize that the congress controls the budget and that is presently controlled by the republicans. Oh btw national security funding does not cover the Embassies. Here let me show it to you again who actually cut the funding for the embassies and when:
Jason Chaffetz Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies