Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Watching it and recording it. It's finally coming out just how corrupt this administration really is. Still the MSM is doing it's best to cover it up. If they told all of his dirty tricks, he would have been gone long ago.
The president has engaged in lying, deception and cover-up. He should be impeached, but it looks like he is gone in a couple of weeks, anyway.

Everyone should read Michelle Malkin's factual book: Culture of Corruption

Learn exactly who are Obama's close neighbors in his Chicago neighborhood. A real eye opener. Learn exactly how billionaire Biden and his law firm and his sons manipulated hedge funds, to your detriment. Learn what Michelle Obama wrote in her Cornell U. papers. And more, ad nauseum.

Before going into the voting booth. Be an informed voter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't damn Obama and company for what happened. When dealing with radicals it is nearly impossible to predict their actions. That said some pretty good guesses that error on the side of saftey could have been made.
What I damn the Obama admin for is the follow up to the attack.
The repeated attempts to blame a bad video.
The vaque reference in the rose garden to not tolerating any acts of terror. Yes he said terror. In context he was also discussing the original 911 as well as other known attacks.
What I honestly fault the Obama admin for is the weak follow up and the distortions.
Tinman, you nailed it. Crap happens and we all make good and bad judgment calls on plans and actions. That I don't blame Obama or the administration.

Just don't pull a Nixon / Clinton and go on national TV to lie or cover up your actions. Take responsibility and be a leader.

I'm an adult and can handle the truth.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

Learn exactly who are Obama's close neighbors in his Chicago neighborhood. A real eye opener. Learn exactly how billionaire Biden and his law firm and his sons manipulated hedge funds, to your detriment. Learn what Michelle Obama wrote in her Cornell U. papers. And more, ad nauseum.

Before going into the voting booth. Be an informed voter!
Yes, because Obama had control of who lived in his neighborhood.
Conspiracy theories are endlessly amusing.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Michelle Malkin and factual used in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Herein is why you have NO credibility. You make statements based on not knowing what is common knowledge.

You attack FOX but, don't watch. If you had watched FOX YOU would have known that they showed copies of the letters that Stevens wrote, not just in his diaries but, the letters he sent to Washington.

If you only get your news form the lame stream media you will only get what they spoon feed you.

If people make statements like, "Stevens asked for more security", no reasonable person wouldn't make that statement unless they had some proof that it is correct.

You, on the other hand dismiss the statement because either you haven't been keeping up or deny it because you hate the source.

So, we know you don't watch Fox and we know you don't watch CNN (they reported when THEY found Steven's diary that he had asked for more security).

Which leaves us to ask, where DO you get your news that you base all your opinions on?

Either way, you have NO credibility.
Of course that ^^^ is only YOUR OPINION.

As I've posted previously, I almost never watch TV AT ALL. I get the news and information from various NEWS SOURCES on the Internet, which, amazingly eliminates one aspect of influence, the visual aspect. No doubt FOX played heavily on the emotions in their program last night.

I was questioning the poster about her quote "he said he would probably die" as to whether or not he wrote that he "would probably die" because he had to take that particular trip to Benghazi on that particular date and specifically said "he would probably die" in Benghazi. Of course I knew about the diary, the letters, and the requests for more security because I READ VARIOUS SOURCES OF NEWS. You would do well to keep up yourself. So you've made a lot of very incorrect assumptions in your post. You seem to miss a LOT OF DETAILS when you get all your news from TV. DETAIL is important as well as what is NOT being said.

I would say that your credibility suffers from lack of attention to detail as well as extreme bias.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Arguing with these left wing ding bats is hopeless, it's like children on the playground. They have no facts and don't want facts because it would prove them wrong. The will argue to the death and say anything with nothing to back it up.
No need to continue, this story is exploding and is bigger than Water Gate and heads will roll, starting with the defeat of comrade obama. There will be people convicted in this, just as thee will be on F and F, but it won't happen until after the election. Unfortunately, obama will probably skate on this, but his place in history will be forever tainted. His legecy will be that he is the most corrupt, incompetence president in our nations history.
No need to continue the argument, let's just watch this develop over the next days and weeks, and the ding bats will soon be proven wrong as the story gets legs and explodes in comrade obama's face. He is finished....
I'd say that arguing with the extreme right wing folks is often amusing because of their amazing ability to EXAGGERATE everything, like "this issue is bigger than Watergate".. lol..and the silly name calling, like "comrad obama"....Btw, what right wing blog or radio talk show host is telling you all to say that this incident is "bigger than Watergate"?

And easy review of Watergate history seems to be in order for you:

"The scandal eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, on August 9, 1974, the only resignation of a U.S. President. The scandal also resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of 43 people, including dozens of Nixon's top administration officials."

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'd say that arguing with the extreme right wing folks is often amusing because of their amazing ability to EXAGGERATE everything, like "this issue is bigger than Watergate".. lol..and the silly name calling, like "comrad obama"....Btw, what right wing blog or radio talk show host is telling you all to say that this incident is "bigger than Watergate"?

And easy review of Watergate history seems to be in order for you:

"The scandal eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, on August 9, 1974, the only resignation of a U.S. President. The scandal also resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of 43 people, including dozens of Nixon's top administration officials."

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But then again the same is true about argueing with the extreme left. Look at the the thread titles generated by both groups.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You would not have gone, maybe because you a chicken. He went BECAUSE he believed it WAS his duty. His mission was MORE important then his life.

Based on your thinking I believe, if you saw someone drowning you wouldn't jump in to save them because YOU might drown yourself.

Ii love this statement, "I can't remember where in these threads I read a communication from Stevens to the State Dept.".

IF you had watched the hearings OR watched something other then comedy shows doing politics YOU just MIGHT be better informed.
"because you a chicken"....LOL. Yes, I probably am a "chicken" because I would not knowingly walk into a situation where I believed that my life would be taken in order to attend a few meetings. And I don't believe Ambassador Stevens would have done that either. His work and his "cause" was bigger than meeting with a few officials from Turkey, so I don't think he would have sacrificed his life for those meetings.

I did watch the Oct. 10 hearing. My reference to reading a communication from Stevens to the State Department was reading a link on this board in one of the Benghazi threads. Here you are making assumptions and missing details again.

Don't watch the political talk shows, except for maybe a link to an excerpt on YouTube which may be posted here in re a comment. I'm simply NOT in the habit of watching TV. When I watch it, I watch it for entertainment-type shows, like True Blood, one of my favorites.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But then again the same is true about argueing with the extreme left. Look at the the thread titles generated by both groups.
I don't think the left can keep up with the right in terms of exaggeration. But I'll be cognizant of that possibility in the future.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And yet you forget that the person who knew all there was to know about the security issues in Libya and Benghazi was the Ambassador himself and obviously he did not feel that his life might be taken if he made that trip......If he had believed it was that dangerous he would NOT have made the trip.....yet you guys try to say that "the President" should have known.

This is starting to sound like the Trayvon Martin threads.
Here is the nice lady who told me over and over yesterday that she knew all about the documents released yesterday by Issa and Hoffetz. She knows nothing about them and the fact that Stevens had been trying for 6 months to convince Obama and Clinton that he needed more security and also that Islamist power was growing. For some reason, we all know what that is, he was ignored by the administration. Part of the problem was that Obama was busy campaigning and couldn't be troubled and the rest has to do with is desire to convince people that Islamist power was diminished in the Middle East by his killing of al Qaeda leaders. His desire to do that has backfired on him and will probably result in his defeat when we get to vote, if we get to vote.

You still didn't know anything about those documents at 10:00 but were still trying to deflect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies