Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, it does not mean Confidential. "Confidential" classification means confidential.

Classified information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sensitive but unclassified - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I won't argue the point with you, but sensitive doesn't mean that everyone can/should view the documents, because of the sensitive nature of them. IMO, Issa is still an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 05:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I won't argue the point with you, but sensitive doesn't mean that everyone can/should view the documents, because of the sensitive nature of them. IMO, Issa is still an idiot.
I posted links. It does mean controlled release. But not "confidential".

Old 10-20-2012, 05:37 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I posted links. It does mean controlled release. But not "confidential".
You seem to be stuck on my confidential quote. OK, I stand corrected.

And I will reiterate, IMO, Issa is an idiot. But nobody expects you to agree with that.

I could have looked the linx up myself, but not necessary for me to do so. As a veteran, from being in the military in communications, I know what sensitive means. Evidently, the witch hunters do not.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Republicans get more good people killed to further their personal political ambitions. It's just like how they've kept trying to make the economy worse in hopes that it will help them in the election. They're just anti-American and anyone who would reward them for such treason is a fool.
Yep!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're missing the point. Sensitive information was released which put people in danger and lives at risk in this huge document dump by a politically motivated Issa.
Who's missing the point ???? He said (and he's right) that it was declassafied and the sensitive names
were REDACTED (blacked out). This is just like "Fast & Furious" all over again.

Can't you see a political ploy on both sides here ?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Who's missing the point ???? He said (and he's right) that it was declassafied and the sensitive names
were REDACTED (blacked out). This is just like "Fast & Furious" all over again.

Can't you see a political ploy on both sides here ?
The names were NOT redacted (I know what the word means, thank you lol). NOT REDACTED. That's the problem. Did you not even read the OP?

"But Issa didn't bother to redact the names of Libyan civilians and local leaders mentioned in the cables,"

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...ng_with_the_us

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 10-20-2012 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 10-21-2012, 12:22 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
an investigation? hahahahahaha thats funny! they are just trying to figure out what happened, not build a legal case. they are lying, withholding, distorting facts for their own benefit; not to protect the investigation.
Here's an article full of contradictions (what the "unnamed officials" say) while pointing out what Hillary said)- based on the "investigation". Reads to me that all roads will lead back to the video.

Quote:
According to another official cited by the paper, "There isn't any intelligence that the attackers pre-planned their assault days or weeks in advance."

Most of the evidence suggested that "the attackers launched their assault opportunistically" after learning about the violence at the US Embassy in Cairo, the report quotes the official as saying.
And we know it was the video that sparked the breach of the embassy in Cairo, so let's rewind and revert to the original script: iti was "the video".

Al Qaeda not behind Libya's US embassy attack - Times LIVE

Yeah, I'm sure they were just your ordinary Libyan citizens familiar with military tactics, armed with rpgs, high power weapons, gun trucks, etc. that happened to give added firepower.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I guess it's a good thing the Libyans weren't members of SEAL Team Six.

Getting the point...

Mircea

Old 10-21-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
although most of the leaners around were all for Afghanistan and lost their minds when it wasn't extended to the mountainous area they were sure was where bin Laden was hiding. Of course, none of them know a lot about fighting in territory like that from non-experience kind of like their favorite leader, The One. I don't think he knows a lot about logistics from lack of experience or training.
We weren't familiar with jungle fighting going into Nam. We weren't familiar with desert fighting going into Iraq. And we weren't familiar with the montainous terrain in Afghanistan. Caves in the mountainous regions are hundreds, if not thousands, of years old - those caves were dwellings where people lived. These caves not only extend left and right but up and down in the mountains.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I'm assuming you never read any of the other posts on this thread but it has been clearly stated over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN the requests for extra support was for TRIPOLI and NOT BENGHAZI ! I know this is difficult but try reading before coming to some conclusion. And btw if people do die because of Issa's negligence he should be punished for that.
Then you must feel strongly that Obama should be punished for outing the SEAL Team 6 that were responsible for carrying out the mission that got OBL. As Commander-In-Chief he should have known that he was violating a law to protect people who were part of a classified military mission. 30 special military op troops were killed, 22 of the from SEAL Team 6. When Obama outed them, they were still in Afghanistan, and put a target on their back and pointed the Taliban in their direction. Then on top of that, rather than evacuate the man and his family out of Pakistan who helped the US to get OBL before the mission, he was left in Pakistan and his named was released and now he sits in jail with a 33 year sentence.

So, what do you have to say about that???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies