Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Where did you think this gem up? Europe and Asia are getting pi$$ed that Bernanke started QE3! Obama has put us in a position that China will not be buying our debt anymore, and pushing us closer to a global war.

Bush is just a footnote in the latest chapter of hatred toward America. Why is the entire Middle East on fire, with the US in the crosshairs? Does anyone honesty believe that it's because of a shlep movie on Youtube?
I have familiy and friends in Europe, and I read their papers. They are not stupid enough to blame Obama for the recession. They know when it happened, and they see how their countries are still struggling to recover, and even the smaller ones have not yet recovered, so no one is suprised that US has not yet recovered. Only in US do we have people who have no clue what happened to the economy, and how it started, and what the root causes are.

The Middle East has been on fire for a long time, with Iraq having been the focal point in the last decade.

Yes, Europe fears the idea of Romney winning, because based on his own comments he can't wait to start another war, and this time much bigger than the previous ones.

You can look up the stats yourself: 92 percent of the French, 89 percent of the Germans and 73 percent of the British want Obama reelected.

87 percent of Germans, 86 percent of French and 80 percent of the British have confidence in Obama, according to a 2012 poll by the Pew Research Center’s Global Attitudes project.

In the mid east in the however, only 25% want Obama to win. They think he is too friendly with Israel.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You do understand that Putin is more of a dictator, in fact, more like a Mafia head than an elected official...don't you?

Stronger America? What does that even mean in your world?
im not talking about people within his country, im talking about other countries. how other countries deal with him has nothing to do with his power within the country. other countries would seriously consider anything he asked for or wanted because he is someone that you think will take action if needed. obama is someone that wouldnt take action until its too late. a stronger america means an america that can act in its own best interests when it needs to regardless of the sensibilities of other countries. bush was stronger than obama. he could influence the actions of other countries because they actually believed he might do something, that he would put america first. nobody worries about what obama thinks. under his watch, islamic dictatorships have gained power in the middle east and he even helped one take power directly. but he wasnt even leading then, he leads from behind.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that was rick perry not mitt romney.
I'm well aware of that.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Bolton would be a great choice.
I third that motion!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i would love to have palin there. i love her and plus she is a milf. romney would get heat for the pick though, she is so polarizing since dems hate conservative woman so passionately.
Actually it`s stupid people we hate passionately. Men and women. Sarah reads People magazine.Stupid people read drivel like that.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Actually it`s stupid people we hate passionately. Men and women. Sarah reads People magazine.Stupid people read drivel like that.
When Rice was Secretary, Syria wouldn't even accept her on an official visit. Given that we have to deal with so many Mideastern countries, we need a man in that office. It's reality.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
I can see Romney picking a hard-lining hawk like Bolton or someone similar to Bolton. After hearing his (Romney's) VMI speech a couple of weeks ago I could easily see him pushing for a major increase in executive authority over war power as well.

I agree- Bolton would make a great choice. I would go for him or Rice.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:33 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
How about Chuck Norris?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How about Chuck Norris?
make him secretary of defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies