Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,078,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Where did you get the idea he hunted her down? He probably didn't know anyone was in the house. He probably opened the closet door to see if there was anything worth stealing. So you've decided he's probably a rapist/pedophile/murderer and not just a burglar because he opened a closet which happened to have a 12 year old in it?
Silly comment. The fact that he broke into a home, and hunted this little girl down in her hiding place is not debatable. You're defending the indefensible actions of this predator??? I wonder why...seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 AM

4,059 posts, read 4,101,512 times
Quote:
The American way. Kill now, ask questions later.
Exactly, she should have called 911 and wait for their arrival. The cops will deal with the intruder.

If those who don't get it, I am being sarcastic.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,979,490 times
Quote:
The American way. Kill now, ask questions later.
There is no need for questions. U knew it wasn't your house...so u had no business entering...pretty simple
Back at ya

Old 10-22-2012, 09:09 AM

4,117 posts, read 5,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Silly comment. The fact that he broke into a home, and hunted this little girl down in her hiding place is not debatable. You're defending the indefensible actions of this predator??? I wonder why...seriously.
Where is the proof that he even knew anyone was in the house? As far as has been reported he was a burglar. Period.

Not defending him. He was a thief. No proof that he was a rapist, murderer, or pedophile. That's just sh*t you've all made up to defend your case.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 AM

4,117 posts, read 5,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
There is no need for questions. U knew it wasn't your house...so u had no business entering...pretty simple
Back at ya
So just execute all burglars since you believe they deserve to die.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,925,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
Back at ya
This!

Quote:

I support the right for someone to defend their property. It wasn't the burglar's house. Plain and simple.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,078,297 times
Quote:
What happens in your country to burglars??? This is a serious question.
And, this guy got winged....shot in the shoulder....IMO Any doubts of his intention ended at the door he kicked in. I stand by my previous opinions. Thats what this forum is, opinion. You keep challenging others opinions...What are you opinions about what should be done in this case...if it were your 12 year old daughter..What should she have done?? In your country...What would have happened? Enlighten us...please..and I am not being sarcastic.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 AM

77,734 posts, read 59,858,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Curious, how some people manage to find this situation normal.

Next time this girl may shoot a neighbour, whose yorkshire "assaulted" her...
Why stop there with your crazy leap of logic, this could clearly lead to nuclear war.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 AM

28,920 posts, read 14,252,003 times
Quote:
Where is the proof that he even knew anyone was in the house? As far as has been reported he was a burglar. Period.

Not defending him. He was a thief. No proof that he was a rapist, murderer, or pedophile. That's just sh*t you've all made up to defend your case.
So you would feel okay if it was your daughter in that situation ? Would you tell her to just stand their with the "thief" that had forced his way into the house and call 911 and wait until the police got there ?

Personally, I'd error on the side of caution. My daughters life over that of the "thief"... I'd pick my daughters.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,181,617 times
Quote:
According to the article she shot through the door when the handle was turned. It could have been a cop and she could have shot him in the head or heart and killed him/her.

Yea, teach 'em young to shoot people when they try to take your 'stuff'!
The article says the stranger rang the door bell then ran to the back and kicked the door in. The 12 year old called her parents and they told her to get the gun and hide. There were no police on the scene no police to be shot.
She hides in the closet . Stranger who kicked in the back door who took nothing and made his way looking through the house. He had a chance to rob the house and chose to hunt the girl.
He starts to open the closet. she knows if she shoots she might not be raped and killed. She does not shoot she trusts the guy who broke into the house not to hurt her.
I hope all 12 year old girls are trained like this girl.
She shot at a man who had broken into her house who had robbed nothing.
She chose to defend herself.
Good for her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies