Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:25 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--it sounds like he spoke without knowing what he was talking about. It doesn't sound like it was intentional.

Isn't it HIS JOB to make SURE what he tells the American public is factual?

Liberals will do somersaults defending Obama's lies...as displayed above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
LOL....if YOU want to remain willfully GULLIBLE, then so be it!
No--you just willfully don't want to believe FACTS, or you do believe them but deny them because they don't fit into your argument. That's how you [MOD CUT/flaming] lose all credibility--you pull imaginary "facts" out of your backside, despite having rock solid evidence to the contrary, and then expect the rest of us to not roll our eyes.

Federal grants require an annual audit by an independent auditing firm as a condition of the funding. I know, because I used to run nonprofit agencies that received federal funding, but if you don't believe me the requirements should be easy enough to find online. That auditor makes sure that the funds with restrictions are segregated from other funds and used for the purpose they were intended for. If that's not the case, it goes in the audit report. You have to submit your audit as a conditon of funding, and if the funder finds that you misused funds, you lose your funding. Like I said--it's all conspiracy theories and lies with you people, and absolutely no grounding in fact.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2012 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
LOL....if YOU want to remain willfully GULLIBLE, then so be it!
Of course you have facts to back up your assertions, right? Or is this what your spidey-sense is telling you?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Some people really shouldn't have the right to vote.

If you say, "I'm against defunding Planned Parenthood," you really don't have the first clue about federalism, the Constitution and the proper role of government. The federal government has NO BUSINESS funding Planned Parenthood. Period, end of story. And it isn't "extremist" to understand this. It's ignorant and extremist to think that the federal government should be subsidizing Planned Parenthood, especially when the country is $16T in debt.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
NO O didn't lie, I go to PP for my exams and mammograms right now, what they do is arrange for a referal out that is affordable...few clinics have the expensive machines to preform this procedure, just like they do for cancer treatments and other procedures, PP is a clinic not a hospital and refer to the appropriate facility for treatments required. I do RELY on PP to help me get a procedure done that I need but can't afford otherwise.

I just Google it!

Free Mammograms | Low Cost Mammograms - Center for Women's Health

Can't think of a single reason why we need to give money to PP to do that.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:55 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
I think its pretty sad that these "pro-lifers" have nothing better to do but play on the phone. Regardless of how they feel about the POTUS their behavior is affecting others. They're preventing people from doing their work, which is helping women who are seeking medical attention.

To think that people are cheering them on for this is pretty sad too. Can't complain about the quality of politicians when you look at the feeble-minded people who are doing the voting.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I just Google it!

Free Mammograms | Low Cost Mammograms - Center for Women's Health

Can't think of a single reason why we need to give money to PP to do that.
There's no legitimate reason to not to provide public funding to PP unless you want to punish them for providing a legal service--abortion--with private funds. That's what this is about--it's not that Planned Parenthood doesn't provide quality services for women's health, because they do. It's because you personally are opposed to the right of an individual to chose to have an abortion, so you think the rest of the country should be as well. I could never have an abortion, but I don't think it's my place to make that decision for other women, and I don't think it's your place either.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM

403 posts, read 867,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Obama lied?
No, he didn't lie, many women do rely on PP for many valuable services. Abortion assistance is <3% of their services offered.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Have only read through post #30 and already I'm all fired up. Here are my multiquotes:

Quote:
You could just as easily schedule your own exams through the very same places that PP refers you to.

Saying that PP does the mammograms is FALSE.
You are 100% positive that no PP office has a mammogram machine? Please provide some documentation.

Quote:
Of COURSE Planned Parenthood would say something like that!!

All they are saying there is that they REFER women to places that will do the exam charging you based upon your income level. You could call the same place and schedule an exam and pay the same price as you would through PP.
No you couldn't if you didn't have the PP referral.

Quote:
Nothing to do with what state you live in.....of COURSE you can schedule a mammogram without a referral!!
Not at every mammogram facility.

Quote:
BINGO....that's a function of your insurance company's rules, not a function of not being able to do it on your own.
Yet we shouldn't have a UHC b/c the govt. should stay out of health care decisions that should be between a patient and physician.

Quote:
My Daughter (when she was still a student and too old to be on MY health insurance) went to one of the many free clinics available to her located in hospitals that did all those things.

Anyone with Internet access can Google such donated health services in their area. You can also get free (or based on your income) dental clinics.... just the same.

It STILL doesn't answer the question of why PP needs TAXPAYER money to REFER women.

On top of that question, what about all the undercover videos out there of PP breaking the law?
Not everyone lives in an area that has all these services. You are also being deliberately obtuse. The PP referral gets you a discount.

Quote:
So it costs a LOT of taxpayer's money to REFER women to other places?

PS: There are LOADS of free clinics for this and dental care as well.
Again, not everywhere.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2012 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
YOU were the one who said you didn't have any problem with Obama lying.

Stay focused......we are talking about Obama's statement being a lie.

You admitted he lied, but you don;t have a problem with it.
I said I didn't care if he misspoke, and I don't. I also said I was smart enough to figure out the difference between a gaffe and a lie, which seems to escape some of you here. I"ll say it again--I'd rather vote for someone who made a mistake in describing the services of an organization vs. someone who wants to completely destroy the organization all together, PLUS ban abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother, as well as ban the pill, the IUD, and in vitro fertilation. That's wacky, crazy and radical.

This playing with semantics stuff is not attractive, and you teavangelicals do it often. It doesn't "trick" anyone, and it makes you look illogical.

EDIT--I didn't know that you got a discount on mammograms through PP, and Kat would know. As I showed earlier, some PP clinics DO provide subsidies to help cover the cost of mammograms, and some areas have a mobile van. So maybe what Obama said was right after all...huh. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies