Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:07 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times

Advertisements

In the 2nd Presidential Debate, Obama claimed that Planned Parenthood did Mammograms......

"When Gov. Romney says that we should eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood, there are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for not just contraceptive care, they rely on it for mammograms,” said Obama Oct. 16 during the second presidential debate.

That was a lie. Planned Parenthood only REFERS women for mammograms.

So thousands of women have been calling Planned Parenthood to schedule mammograms only to be told the TRUTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Obama lied?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:17 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
NO O didn't lie, I go to PP for my exams and mammograms right now, what they do is arrange for a referal out that is affordable...few clinics have the expensive machines to preform this procedure, just like they do for cancer treatments and other procedures, PP is a clinic not a hospital and refer to the appropriate facility for treatments required. I do RELY on PP to help me get a procedure done that I need but can't afford otherwise.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:20 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
You really need to read your own llink before spouting off. PP gives referrals and financial help to those who cannot afford them.

From the link:
"A statement released by Planned Parenthood on Oct. 17 said that “like the vast majority of primary care physicians and ob-gyns, Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses refer patients to other facilities for mammograms based on breast exams, age, or family history.”
The organization does provide clinical breast exams at their facilities.
“For many women, Planned Parenthood is the only health care provider they will see all year, and thus the only way they will get a referral for a mammogram.”
According to the statement, women “rely on Planned Parenthood for referrals for and financial help with mammograms and specialized diagnostic follow-up tests (like ultrasounds and biopsies).”

Read more: Thousands call Planned Parenthood for mammograms after Obama's claim :: EWTN News

Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
NO O didn't lie, I go to PP for my exams and mammograms right now, what they do is arrange for a referal out that is affordable...few clinics have the expensive machines to preform this procedure, just like they do for cancer treatments and other procedures, PP is a clinic not a hospital and refer to the appropriate facility for treatments required. I do RELY on PP to help me get a procedure done that I need but can't afford otherwise.

You could just as easily schedule your own exams through the very same places that PP refers you to.

Saying that PP does the mammograms is FALSE.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
You could just as easily schedule your own exams through the very same places that PP refers you to.

Saying that PP does the mammograms is FALSE.
No you cannot. You have to get a referral to get a mammogram.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2012 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: Deleted insult

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Obama lied.

Anyway, Planned Parenthood can make referrals without taxpayer funding.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You really need to read your own llink before spouting off. PP gives referrals and financial help to those who cannot afford them.

Of COURSE Planned Parenthood would say something like that!!

All they are saying there is that they REFER women to places that will do the exam charging you based upon your income level. You could call the same place and schedule an exam and pay the same price as you would through PP.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No you cannot You have to get a referral to get a mammogram.
THAT is absolutely UNTRUE!!!

And why does Planned Parenthood need taxpayer's money to make referrals anyhow?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-21-2012 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: edited quted post

Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Obama lied.

Anyway, Planned Parenthood can make referrals without taxpayer funding.

B-I-N-G-O!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies