Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Anyone who votes for Romney expecting change for the better is delusional. Romney has a lousy record. He's basically just another greedy rich man who thinks that he should be in charge of this country just because he's a greedy rich man. Our biggest problem is disgusting people like him. They have three houses and it's still not good enough for them. They've taken just about all of our money and they still want more of it.

I understand frustration with Obama. I don't understand being a middle class person or even an upper middle class person and voting for an amoral, sad greedy little tax cheat like Romney.
No bias there... nope... none at all... straight shooter, that Eleanora1. Tells it like it is... yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
We took a leaf peeping drive today and made a point to look at election signs as we drove through the mostly rural part of the county in Pa. I'm still surprised by the lack of election signs by both parties but did notice a few things.
The Romney/ Ryan signs outnumber the Obama signs by at least 25 to 1. I only saw 2 Obama signs total so far this year. County wide, rural and suburban and city. No bumper stickers dem or repub, either. There seems to be very little enthusiasm for Obama but party loyalty might be what he's counting on. Romney gets more enthusiasm but maybe its of the " anybody but Obama" variety. maybe its closer to 50 to 1 for Romeny signs.
I see some local democrat signs for local offices. I'll be voting for our incumbent dem state repsentaive. Very few other dem signs are around. Maybe because its thought that Pa is safely going to go dem although it will be far closer than they think.
I see some repub signs but not as many as other years either.
The way the campaign has been so quiet you'd think there was no senate race but there is. Likewise our repub congressman seems ready to be re elected and hasn't staged much of a campaign. His dem opponent has barely campaigned and seemed to know he had no chance to win so he never bothered trying.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There are several that I work with that were all for Obama in '08, they scoff at the idea of him winning this time.

I've moved into working in our Office since I posted this and it is pleseantly surprising to find unaminous support for Romeny.
It a quite a large office.

Everyone is anxiously awaiting Nov. 6th.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
I can't speak for other parts if the country but I live in NJ and in a very Democratic town, back in 2008 you could not go down the street without seeing an Obama sign on the lawns., now hardly any. Now that does not mean that they will vote for Romney, I think they just might not vote at all. I have a friend that is a fireman and even he is not voting for Obama.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Anyone who votes for Romney expecting change for the better is delusional. Romney has a lousy record. He's basically just another greedy rich man who thinks that he should be in charge of this country just because he's a greedy rich man. Our biggest problem is disgusting people like him. They have three houses and it's still not good enough for them. They've taken just about all of our money and they still want more of it.

I understand frustration with Obama. I don't understand being a middle class person or even an upper middle class person and voting for an amoral, sad greedy little tax cheat like Romney.

You do realize that Obama is NOT middle class, he is a millionaire.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
In my Las Vegas neighborhood we have mostly Romney signs. They dominate.

Of course the average household income is likely over 200K and we have many mormans.

I don't think people should place these signs, I wouldn't at least.

People will place value judgments based on who you voted for. People are pretty silly nowadays. As if voting for a certain party makes you a good or bad person.

Heck people do that with sports jerseys as it is.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
WA is about as blue as they get and you can hardly see an Obama yard sign outside of Seattle, and see almost as many Romney bumper stickers as Obama. That is a HUGE shift from 2008. It's not likely, but at this point I won't be surprised if WA goes for Romney this year.
That's weird because I am in red Arizona and I haven't seen many Romney/Ryan signs at all. I actually see more Obama 2012 bumper stickers than Romney....in bright red Arizona.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:58 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
...That Romney will win this election.
Then you are delusional. 538 has the best model for Presidential elections with a perfect record and Obama is way up in all the key swing states except NC while even Virginia is a predicted Obama win.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:

I know several family members who voted for Obama 4 years ago who are voting for Romney this time.
Unless you live in a swing state, it doesn't matter.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:

I know several family members who voted for Obama 4 years ago who are voting for Romney this time.
Well that was certainly a brilliant prediction. Nate Silver better watch out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies