Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:58 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
yeah i guess so.... Like a few years ago where a mess of white college boys were all busted for gang raping a woman who wasn't even at the party.......

I can tell you if someone set me on fire i would know what race they were of......

Maybe more telling details will come forth, maybe she just set her self on fire. People have done that and worse many times in the past.

Some people these days are just plain stupid and for all I know her car was about to be repossessed, and so to make sure that didn't happen 'we created a hate crime'

I hope i am wrong. But with women flushing new borns down the toilet/ dumpsters, driving car loads of toddlers into water , and ect ain't nuthin' surprises me much anymore.
Pretty sad what we've become.......in 30, 40 yrs it's scary to think what the norm will be

Old 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Quick to defend the KKK, how sweet
Did the news station say KKK? I don't think you read the OP and maybe should before you step in any more of what has been spread around here. I am not defending the KKK but I do want to see some proof that it was KKK members before I go off half-cocked blaming them. I think that I mentioned that I didn't know they had changed their uniforms from white hoods over white sheets to white hoodies. Maybe that has happened but I sure didn't know about it.

I think I am bothered as much about this incident as anybody here but there just aren't enough facts showing yet. I will do a Google for all you libs.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...and yet, in Chicago, blacks kill other blacks almost on a routine, daily basis. I'm not diminishing this incident, if someone did set her on fire, they are sick and twisted, just adding some reality here. Black people in LA are not afraid they will be set on fire by some KKK member, they fear being mugged or shot by other blacks.
Yea, you are diminishing this incident. Whites will kill a white person today too.

In any case, it doesn't matter to me if the KKK did it, i just hope the perpetrators are caught. That's all that really matters here.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:03 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did the news station say KKK? I don't think you read the OP and maybe should before you step in any more of what has been spread around here. I am not defending the KKK but I do want to see some proof that it was KKK members before I go off half-cocked blaming them. I think that I mentioned that I didn't know they had changed their uniforms from white hoods over white sheets to white hoodies. Maybe that has happened but I sure didn't know about it.

I think I am bothered as much about this incident as anybody here but there just aren't enough facts showing yet. I will do a Google for all you libs.
Sure sounds like you are defending the KKK. I agree that we don't know who committed this act, but I'm not the type of person that automatically jumps to the defense of the Klan and yells out innocent until proven guilty. Being a Hispanic person I'm a bit biased against the KKK

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Quick to defend the KKK, how sweet
Here is the most recent article Google has, one hour old. It is much more carefully written than the OP's article and much more recent. It is also from CBS and everybody knows that they never lie, right?

Sharmeka Moffitt, La. woman allegedly set on fire by three men, claims attack was racially motivated, authorities say - Crimesider - CBS News

Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, you are diminishing this incident. Whites will kill a white person today too.

In any case, it doesn't matter to me if the KKK did it, i just hope the perpetrators are caught. That's all that really matters here.
Very well said, DD.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
If it is true that the KKK set her on fire it's a darn shame and it let's you know that racism is still very much alive here in the USA...

Sharmeka Moffitt Louisiana: Black Woman Set On Fire By KKK? | Breaking News for Black America
racism is everywhere, but to even suggest somthing like this is so out of line...You are basing this entire thing on something you read in blog...If it is true how horrible, but if it is cooked up, it is even worse....

Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Where were you guys when these other threads was created, as I recall many posters quickly believed the story and never once questioned it

13 year old burned alive for being white: media doesn't care

Why isn't this national news? (Blacks set white boy on fire)

Old 10-23-2012, 02:26 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Where were you guys when these other threads was created, as I recall many posters quickly believed the story and never once questioned it

13 year old burned alive for being white: media doesn't care

Why isn't this national news? (Blacks set white boy on fire)
Was that case eventually proven to be a hoax? I think there are suspicions but a quick google search didn't really give me a solid answer.

I don't know what to think in this case and will wait until the police investigate thoroughly. It wouldn't be the first real attack or fake attack that went wrong or whatever so why bother speculating because it doesn't matter to me either way as it's just one incident.

Sheesh, so much crazyness around here.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Was that case eventually proven to be a hoax? I think there are suspicions but a quick google search didn't really give me a solid answer.

I don't know what to think in this case and will wait until the police investigate thoroughly. It wouldn't be the first real attack or fake attack that went wrong or whatever so why bother speculating because it doesn't matter to me either way as it's just one incident.

Sheesh, so much crazyness around here.
1st case the victim has 1st degree burns, which is basically equal to a sun burn. 2nd case has 3rd degree burns, which sometimes results in amputation and severe scarring. Yet people are quick to call the 2nd case a hoax. I doubt the women did this to herself and I'm not really sure who committed this act, but as I stated, I'm not the type of person that instinctly jumps to the defense of the Klan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies