Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He got pounded.

This whole thread is an attempt to rehabilitate Romney. Let's try and make Obama look bad because a military contractor (that would be the bayonet maker) is upset because he's not selling as many bayonets as he'd like.

Yes, both bayonets and horses are still used today. But they are used in specific situations when and where they are needed. Though if the Republicans want to line the pockets of a contractor by giving him a big, fat contract to make a lot of bayonets (when we have more effective weapons) I guess they'll sleep better at night.

Yes, let's spend a ton of tax payer money on bayonets and forget spending it on those silly aircraft carriers. Or maybe we could give the guys on the flight deck a bayonet! That would really help them do their job so much better!!

I think we're starting to learn why Romney wants to give money to the Defense Department they haven't asked for. He wants everyone to have a bayonet! I'm guessing he'd also like to give out a mess of M1918 Browning Automatic Rifles too. That would create jobs!
I think he wants to prop up the horse lobby.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Here's another resident mindless believer in that media... who doesn't need to think for self. Media told him/her, so that is it!
I read it on the internet, it must be true.

I served in the military, and believe me, todays service is nothing like it was in 1916, and comparing the navy to the one we had in 1916 is asinine.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,670,118 times
When listening to the President speak, conservatives have this type of hearing that reminds me of an old car radio while driving under a bridge.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I think he wants to prop up the horse lobby.
Wheres the outrage from the saddle makers?
Not to mention the farriers....

Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
TMZ
Wonder if ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, and newspapers report this story or will they ignore it like all the other Obama flubs?
Bored today huh dave.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
They also want the prosperity of the 1920s (which, coincidentally, was also a time ripe for growth of Fascism in Europe)...
Not really... Romney wasn't about wanting anything in 1916 / 1917, or even 1920, but maybe the economy that was around in the 1950's might not be too bad.

The house my father built after he served the Navy in Subs torpedoing Japanese shipping, served time in occupied Japan rebuilding was a modest cape, and an few years ago that house he built by himself with a little help from his 2 brothers sold for more than 750,000 dollars!

A far cry from the material or the labor combined.

A time where for 4,ooo bucks you could buy a new car, and work less hours than we do today for the same new car. In fact I have a car so old that once i paid 14 bucks for brake pads and since i still have that car I know the cost of the very same brake pads now is 40 bucks.

That's ok since back then I made about 15 bucks an hour and today I make the same ratio more.. The only constant is time itself.

It's like gas..... gas didn't go up the dollar went down as hard as that is to believe. Today's dollars are subsidized by the Govt or else they would be quite worthless.

So no one should have any problem. All you need to do is knock off about 50 bucks or so an hour and you will be able to break even.

Today a troy oz of silver is $31.84 / 4 = $7.96 and so this is what gas should cost today, and would if money was real.

Which prosperity is it you want?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
0bama accusing Romney of not knowing much about how the military works. This from a fool who says 'corpsemen'. Several times.

OK, then.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
TMZ
Wonder if ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, and newspapers report this story or will they ignore it like all the other Obama flubs?
The fact that the military uses bayonets is meaningless.

The fact that Obama likened a strong naval force to being an idea from the past, is horrific. On top of that he did it in such an arrogant and condescending manor. It's nice that we have boats that go underwater and ships that planes can land on... but how has that changed from WWII? He made it sound like these are new inventions that allow us to cut military. Doesn;t anyone remember Carter saying the EXACT SAME THING? Look how well that turned out.

What Obama doesn't want made clear is that our Navy protects commerce on the high seas. If the inventories of craft are cut in half, our ability to protect tarde will also be cut in half. He is effectively neutering our military capabilities.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

The fact that Obama likened a strong naval force to being an idea from the past, is horrific. On top of that he did it in such an arrogant and condescending manor. It's nice that we have boats that go underwater and ships that planes can land on... but how has that changed from WWII? He made it sound like these are new inventions that allow us to cut military. Doesn;t anyone remember Carter saying the EXACT SAME THING? Look how well that turned out.

What Obama doesn't want made clear is that our Navy protects commerce on the high seas. If the inventories of craft are cut in half, our ability to protect tarde will also be cut in half. He is effectively neutering our military capabilities.
Were you watching the same debate as the rest of us?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Yes, we should protect tarde, especially re-tardes.
neuter those typing fingers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies