Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times

Advertisements

This will go uncovered by most of the media. And again, Obama will not have to answer one question about this. He still doesnt do serious interviews. I hear he is going on another entertainment show or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Let me start out by saying that even though I am a liberal, I don't blindly follow everything Obama and others say.

This article has me deeply disturbed due to it's underlying message - we were all lied to for WEEKS after the incident. I understand the sensitivity of foreign relations and no, I do not expect the presidency to let us in on everything they know. I think it would be dangerous to broadcast that kind of stuff. However, this goes beyond that, IMO. OTOH, there are three emails here. Three. I don't know what else was going on in Washington DC, Libya and Italy. I do know that often what looks oh-so-simple on the surface is actually a very complicated event.

So, I have lost respect for Obama simply because he lied for weeks about this issue. However, I don't know (and neither do any of you, unless you are in the FBI, CIA or other agency dealing with foreign relations) why he lied. That's important. Did Roosevelt and Truman keep Americans apprised of their progress with the atomic bomb through the 30s and 40s? Nope. They actually stopped scientific journals from publishing their advances so the Russians couldn't keep pace. My point being: I feel all presidents lie to the public. Sometimes it is warranted, other times not. I'm not sure which in the case of Obama and Libya.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:37 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Pretty amazing isn't it? What's a little lie? It's not going to bring them back. Tell that to the families who are grieving and buried their loved ones. Has about as much of a conscious and compassion as Obama - which would be none.
Obama lied, the ambassador died!

The horrible thing about all this was Obama did not want there to look like we were dealing with terrorism in Libya anymore, so IMO he refused to properly protect the embassy.
I mean my God, even in France where there is peace there was far more security, meanwhile this embassy had been attacked a couple of times in the last year and the British one next door had been abandoned due to violence and we had no security there?
That my friends is a big sign that we have a failure of a President. He's great at going to other countries to speak about how bad we are, but he doesn't protect our people.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:02 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Lol just as I predicted the Clinton's would leak info when it appears Obamas chances are iffy at best post debate.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol just as I predicted the Clinton's would leak info when it appears Obamas chances are iffy at best post debate.
You may be right. This was leaked by someone on purpose.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:13 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No they aren't, and like he said, no one cares.
I have to disagree with you. Foreign policy is important, so is a sitting President lying to the American people.

This may be the downfall of Obama.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I have to disagree with you. Foreign policy is important, so is a sitting President lying to the American people.

This may be the downfall of Obama.
It all depends on how or if this is covered heavily by the press. They need to cover this heavily, and force Obama to come out and give some answers.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Come on. As if the WH hasn't leaked information over the past 4 years. When there was all that chatter about WH leaking somehow the leaks miraculously stopped. It's a bit hard to point a finger at Clinton when "approximately 300-400 national security figures received these emails". (from the article).

Do you really believe that there isn't one person out of 300/400 people (aside from Hillary) that isn't disgusted how this is being handled? Someone who knows that Obama is unfit and lying to the public? Whistleblowers are not very popular - they usually end up getting "punished" for being honest.

Wasn't Clinton and Obama pointing fingers at the intelligence agencies basically inferring that they failed to do their jobs and putting the blame on them?

Hillary already "womaned up", even though it was a vague admission of responsibility. You see how quick the spotlight on her went away once she did?

Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Nobody really cares about foreign policy right now everyone cares about the economy
Neither issue is good for Obama.

This comes as no surprise to me that the Obama-can-do-no-wrong crowd would so easily dismiss this.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:40 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It all depends on how or if this is covered heavily by the press. They need to cover this heavily, and force Obama to come out and give some answers.
Even CNN and MSNBC are running the Reuters story on their websites. I'm sure their commentators will find excuses for Obama, but at least the headline --- "White House Told Of Militant Claim 2 Hours After Libya Attack" --- will reach some fair-minded people. Who knows, maybe some 'journalists' will be angered themselves after being played for saps for weeks by the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies