Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

... because the shooting was labeled "workplace violence".

Obama Doctrine: Ft. Hood Was Not Terrorism, Wounded Soldiers Get No Benefits

The difference between labeling the incident "workplace violence" and "terrorism" is not only the rightful recognition 13 of our troops deserve for being killed in service to their country on Nov. 5, 2009, but also ongoing benefits that would help survivors pay for the physical therapy, and other medical and psychological treatments that might be necessary to a full recovery.

Another reason to vote against the current administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... because the shooting was labeled "workplace violence".

Obama Doctrine: Ft. Hood Was Not Terrorism, Wounded Soldiers Get No Benefits

The difference between labeling the incident "workplace violence" and "terrorism" is not only the rightful recognition 13 of our troops deserve for being killed in service to their country on Nov. 5, 2009, but also ongoing benefits that would help survivors pay for the physical therapy, and other medical and psychological treatments that might be necessary to a full recovery.

Another reason to vote against the current administration.
I didn't realize Obama made the decision to deny them benefits

Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Yet another insult to Americans by the Obama administration. Despicable.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
They are really getting desperate. They will latch onto anything and try to make a connection.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
There is no latching on of anything. Anybody with half a brain knows that this was a terrorist act.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
There is no latching on of anything. Anybody with half a brain knows that this was a terrorist act.
And the people with whole brains, what do they know?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
His people labeled this workplace violence. And people are not receiving the care the should be receiving because of how the crime was labeled.

Do you agree with how this is being handled?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
His people labeled this workplace violence. And people are not receiving the care the should be receiving because of how the crime was labeled.

Do you agree with how this is being handled?
I can't comment on how it's being handled as I don't have enough info. The only source I have is a discredited blog you supplied. I'll refrain till I learn more.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Obama can't bring hinself to say "war on terror". Too bad for those people and by the way too bad for all of us. How can you win a war when you don't even recognize it is a war. Romney will make sure these people get what they are deserving off in benefits, etc.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I can't comment on how it's being handled as I don't have enough info. The only source I have is a discredited blog you supplied. I'll refrain till I learn more.
Yeah, right.

Anyway - here you go from CBS.

Fort Hood victims want shooting called terror act

Nearly three years after the shooting rampage at Fort Hood, many of those affected are urging the government to declare it a terrorist attack, saying wounded soldiers and victims' relatives otherwise won't receive the same benefits as those in a combat zone.

The soldiers injured or killed have not received certain benefits and are not eligible for the Purple Heart, because the defense secretary has not declared it a terrorist attack, said John Stone, a spokesman for U.S. Rep. John Carter. The Texas Republican has sponsored a bill that would make those provisions available for the Fort Hood victims.

Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, who was shot six times that day, said his injuries prevented him from continuing to serve. But he won't receive the same benefits as those severely wounded on the battlefield because an Army medical evaluation board didn't deem his injuries to be combat-related, he said.

Manning also said he is upset that the Defense Department has referred to the shooting as workplace violence.

Care to comment now... ?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 10-24-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies