Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM

651 posts, read 705,136 times

Advertisements

It got cold and they decided it was nicer in mom and dads basement.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
It got cold and they decided it was nicer in mom and dads basement.
More reason to protest.

I'm guessing your a Boomer. Are you happy at letting the country fall to sh*t?

Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Funny how whenever there's actual debate the Anti-Occupy either stops posting or starts name calling.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
A few trials and prison time to keep people honest and nervous huh? You like keeping em nervous, letting em know who's in charge. Rule with an iron grip and with fear.
Why not? I thought you right wingers were all about strength, authority, punishment for the wrongdoers and all that? What, you chickening out?

Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Why not? I thought you right wingers were all about strength, authority, punishment for the wrongdoers and all that? What, you chickening out?
You thought wrong. (but I didn't expect any less from you) Bankers who make poor decisions and lose millions for investors are not "wrong doers", nor are the ones who get filthy rich. Rioters who throw molotov cocktails, smash windows, and burn cars are. Wall street should in no instance under no circumstance be bailed out, ever. But 'throwing a few in prison to keep them nervous' would only fly in a totalitarian hell hole like Cuba.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You thought wrong. (but I didn't expect any less from you) Bankers who make poor decisions and lose millions for investors are not "wrong doers", nor are the ones who get filthy rich. Rioters who throw molotov cocktails, smash windows, and burn cars are. Wall street should in no instance under no circumstance be bailed out, ever. But 'throwing a few in prison to keep them nervous' would only fly in a totalitarian hell hole like Cuba.
Awwww. Poor babies. Bankers made some bad decisions and shouldn't be punished for it. My heart breaks for them. But the poor who make bad decisions SHOULD be punished, right? Such BS.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,075 times
Quote:
Awwww. Poor babies. Bankers made some bad decisions and shouldn't be punished for it. My heart breaks for them. But the poor who make bad decisions SHOULD be punished, right? Such BS.
They should be 'punished' by not being helped, which is not actually punishment at all but a 'you made your bed, now sleep in it'. You can't throw someone in prison just because your mad at them. And only ignorant simpletons who smell blood in the water would want to live in a society where you could. What are you referring to by the poor making bad decisions? The ones rioting and destroying property, or the ones on welfare having their benefits reduced? Having benefits reduced is not punishment, its contraction of an unsustainable (and enabling) charity, and the reduction of which ultimately promotes best outcomes.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I was working for Wall Street in Chicago at the end of 2010. I think I know "enough" about it. At least they thought I knew enough.

And I have businesses. I know a little about "companies." I know about loans, and investments, and the business world.

Don't assume that all of those who support Occupy aren't educated on the industry.
...you obviously don't know much if you think the M&A, IB and housing businesses have nothing to do with wall street

Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
You keep avoiding my questions, so I am going to ask you for a third time. In the absence of wall street as it stands today, how would you address the following?
  • What is your proposed method for a person to buy a house without wall street?
  • What is your proposed method of counties to run themselves without municipal bonds?
  • What is your proposed solution to pension funds being able to provide retirement income without balanced portfolios?
  • What is your proposed solution for companies such as Staples or Brookstone to not go bankrupt when they are in fiscal crisis if not for investment banks?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
They should be 'punished' by not being helped, which is not actually punishment at all but a 'you made your bed, now sleep in it'.
Really! The poor widdle mega-rich thieves should be punished by being left alone? But the poor should be punished outright when they engage in wrongdoing, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies