Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,112,075 times

Advertisements

I hope this conviction is appealed to the Supreme Court. We either have a Fourth Amendment or we do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,371,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The mother always had the choice to not fly. However, I do agree that they go too far with those checks, but I don't know what the answer is because if they let the girl go because she is a teen that will become the newest terrorist recruit demographic.
Spoken like a true paranoiac. Real life is not an episode of 24. Your average terrorist is not going to look like a 14 year old white girl. I doubt one would even in a film or tv show. The likelihood that you'll be killed by a terrorist is incredibly remote. You're much more likely to die on the drive to the airport. The only way to be 100% absolutely certain is to strip search every traveler, including children, and have their bags sent separately on a cargo plane.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,893,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I hope this conviction is appealed to the Supreme Court. We either have a Fourth Amendment or we do not.
Naw - you need money to go to the Supreme Court - I was thrown in jail for a day because I refused to let the cops search my backpack without a warrant or my consent. I could sue them for the 4th Amendment violation and/or for false arrest(no charges were filed) but it would be cost prohibitive.

Upholding the Constitution by not being a sheeple is enough, IMO.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:49 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,078,366 times
We have been living under strict guidelines for air travel for over 10 years now. Am I supposed to believe this woman is so clueless that she was totally unaware of the process for airline security screening before she bought the tickets for her daughter and herself? If not, she is merely causing an unnecessary scene and wasting everyone's time in line behind her because the self-centered, selfish (and likely spoiled) ***** doesn't think the rules should apply to her. As far as I can see, she could probably use a little "quiet time" in an 8x10 for awhile.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,347,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I blame bush for coming up with the wishywashy department of the TSA and blame obama for keeping it in place. I never supported the feds putting into place such a unconstitutional department.

I for one cannot wait for the tsa to stop me on the highway.
Neither Bush nor Obama are to blame for the TSA. Congress created the TSA when they enacted the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (Public Law 107-71) on November 19, 2001. As the Chief Executive, Presidents are required to enforce the laws enacted by Congress, whether they agree with them or not.

Personally, I think since Congress federalized airport security with the Aviation and Transportation Security Act that they violated our Fourth Amendment rights and should be challenged in court. I also think the TSA are guilty of State child molestation and sexual assault laws and should be charged accordingly.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,139,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
We have been living under strict guidelines for air travel for over 10 years now. Am I supposed to believe this woman is so clueless that she was totally unaware of the process for airline security screening before she bought the tickets for her daughter and herself? If not, she is merely causing an unnecessary scene and wasting everyone's time in line behind her because the self-centered, selfish (and likely spoiled) ***** doesn't think the rules should apply to her. As far as I can see, she could probably use a little "quiet time" in an 8x10 for awhile.

please show me where on the ticket that any airline sells to you that in order to get on the plane you give up your 4th Amendment rights.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:10 AM

3,392 posts, read 3,428,429 times
A question for obama zombies... If it is ok for tsa to pat down a little kid for no reason why is it not ok for arizona police to ask for proof of citzenship in a legal traffic stop? When i say legal that means they broke the law such as speeding or a car accident.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:51 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,629,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
A question for obama zombies... If it is ok for tsa to pat down a little kid for no reason why is it not ok for arizona police to ask for proof of citzenship in a legal traffic stop? When i say legal that means they broke the law such as speeding or a car accident.
That's a conundrum.

For the record, I am ok with Arizona Police asking for proof of citizenship in a legal traffic stop and I am also ok with TSA patting down air travelers who do not want to go through the full body scan.. Also for the record, the TSA agents do NOT see your naked bodies in the full body scan.... that's just dumb.. and if your that dumb and refuse to be patted down, then you don't deserve to fly..

Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 AM

3,392 posts, read 3,428,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That's a conundrum.

For the record, I am ok with Arizona Police asking for proof of citizenship in a legal traffic stop and I am also ok with TSA patting down air travelers who do not want to go through the full body scan.. Also for the record, the TSA agents do NOT see your naked bodies in the full body scan.... that's just dumb.. and if your that dumb and refuse to be patted down, then you don't deserve to fly..
Thats a good answer. I am waiting for someone to defend the pat down of a kid and also think the arizona law is bad. If you are for both or against both that is fine. But this prez is a hipacrit.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM

1,403 posts, read 932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Stormfront? You can go ahead and just say it.
Actually no. Its a place where they allow freedom of speech... You can keep making your self look like a fool if you choose I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies