Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:35 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Wow, can this jump on tha band-wagon phrase be any move overused? Do you have a bone of originality?

Does any politician EVER actually deliver on campaign promises? Since when?

Do what is right for you and your family. If you are counting on one man to change the way things are, you are going to be sadly let down, no matter who you vote for.
Obama didn't promise to reduce the deficit during the campaign, he made that promise in 2009, after he was already in office and after the recession had already started. Considering that it wasn't a campaign promise, shouldn't he have kept the promise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
No this is not change I can believe in... But really, what did you expect from an incompetent, inexperienced, communist loving community organizer? Time to send the loser back to the unemployment line. At least he'll have plenty of time to hang out with his rap buddies and fringe American hating mentors.

I say it's time for a REAL change.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Obama didn't promise to reduce the deficit during the campaign, he made that promise in 2009, after he was already in office and after the recession had already started. Considering that it wasn't a campaign promise, shouldn't he have kept the promise?
0bama also made his "one year proposition" comment in 2009, after he was president, and knew what our economy was like.

I'm convinced that 0bama's economic advisers told him all recessions have ended in about a year, and the recovery comes roaring back in, and he thought he could claim credit when it happened.

Unfortunate for us, 0bama acted bizarrely erratic and unpredictable, and enacted anti-business, and anti-growth policies, which killed any recovery from ever occurring. Which is why all his economic advisers deserted him.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Wow, can this jump on tha band-wagon phrase be any move overused? Do you have a bone of originality?

Does any politician EVER actually deliver on campaign promises? Since when?

Do what is right for you and your family. If you are counting on one man to change the way things are, you are going to be sadly let down, no matter who you vote for.
Is it reasonable to expect someone who wants us to place him in the highest office in the land and entrust him with the job of President, to be honest and rational about what he can deliver, what he hopes to deliver, and what may not be possible in the short term?

He said if he doesn't deliver, he would be a one-term president. Let's help him reach that goal at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Good point. However, the man seems to be living in his own reality, so making rash promises based on wishful thinking, between campaign stops and TV appearances, seems to be quite the norm for him.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
I am better off today than I was four years ago. I earn more money and I invest more money. Not to mention that my investments have grown. I am earning a Master's degree. My small B2C business is still thriving. I have still been able to travel abroad and domestically. Bought a new MB. My life is great. And most of my friends are in the same situation. So I'm sorry to disappoint those who are bitter about President Obama but life is good!!!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No this is not change I can believe in... But really, what did you expect from an incompetent, inexperienced, communist loving community organizer? Time to send the loser back to the unemployment line. At least he'll have plenty of time to hang out with his rap buddies and fringe American hating mentors.

I say it's time for a REAL change.

Amen, to REAL change. If people are honest, they will admit the truth. We own our own business, live in a beautiful area, own a beautiful home, have many rentals.

Live a very Comfortable Life, i don't believe in splurging, but buying that great bargain, and only when i need it.

Have money in many different accounts, and someone in our family is into Investing. Think we don't have investments. They have all come down. Bank accounts are not what they use to be, and if someone says they are they are full of it?

No investing is not what it use to be. For gosh sakes interest is peanuts, not what it was 5 years ago.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am better off today than I was four years ago. I earn more money and I invest more money. Not to mention that my investments have grown. I am earning a Master's degree. My small B2C business is still thriving. I have still been able to travel abroad and domestically. Bought a new MB. My life is great. And most of my friends are in the same situation. So I'm sorry to disappoint those who are bitter about President Obama but life is good!!!
I guess you and yours are not part of the 15 million Americans since 2009 that have gone on Food Stamps under 0bama, gratz to you. **** the little guy, you got yours!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I find it hilarious when people who NEVER post here show up 2 weeks before an election and wail.
Thanks for the laugh, OP
So millions of Americans on food stamps is hilarious to you? Pathetic.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Where DO y'all get those glasses that allow you to read things in posts that arent there?
I have sooooooo got to get me a pair.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

It is more then Pathetic Roadking2003;

i have never in my life, with any other Presdient, have known individuals myself, who have been in the posistion, of losing a job they have been on forever, or have been laid off.

No reason to lie, so many people i know or are acquaintiances or clients, have lost jobs under this great NEW CHANGE.

Bank accounts and investments are not what they use to be, anyone with a lot of investments knows this, if they know anything about ivnesting, and i have family members who are Yes of course you still have money, no where what it use to be, if your going to keep it real, and i will...............

Everything is down, 5 years ago, it was so much better off. But everyday goods, and gas are up.

How in the hell can anyone think we are better off we are now known as a Welfare Nation, that is nothing to be proud of. We have more homeless families, more people on welfare, and more on food stamps then any other time, is this part of that great Change Obama promised us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies