Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 PM

937 posts, read 923,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
One Republican makes crazy statements about rape, and you malign and slander half of America with this thread? Is this a typical Democratic strategy, or just your misguidance? Sounds a bit desparate (as the numbers continue to show voters are making their choice, and it's not going to be for Barak Hussein)
The problem with this rebut is that it's not just one Republican...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,322,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's not one Republican, it's an ever increasing group of extremist conservatives who continue to make these outlandish statements.
Definitely not just one: Wingnut Theories On Rape And The Female Body: A Taxonomy | The New Republic

Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,553,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmmm....you just negated your whole argument.
Can we say its safe to say that you believe what you believe due to the fact that you are nothing more than a sexist pig?
Please feel free to refute my theory.
nope, i didnt negate my whole argument. feel free to explain how i did. id be negating it if i agreed to abortion in the cases of rape or incest. however, in the circumstance where a doctor knows that a birth would cause the mother's death, im not going to argue against that. honestly, i dont even see the point in arguing rape or incest but for some reason pro-choicers are obsessed with those circrumstances. 99% of abortions are for the parents' convenience, yet people spend sooooo much time talking about rape/incest/life of mother. compared to what happens now, if you cut out all abortions except for those 3 circumstances that pro-choicers repeat ad nauseum, it would be a large improvement over what we have today.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
So let me get this right.

You believe in gods will in rape, and said pregnancy
That there is no soul
That women should be forced to carry a soulless pregnancy to full term.

Haha. Nice work.
You can scurry back to under your bridge now
i dont know exactly what you mean by "you believe in gods will in rape" but im pretty sure you are wrong since i do not believe in any god.

ok, i dont belive in a soul.

ok, since i dont believe in a soul, i do believe a woman should have to carry a soulless child in her womb until she gives birth to it.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 PM

937 posts, read 923,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
That last segment.... What?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,847,740 times
God allows things to happen. He does not intend for them to happen! The appropriate word was not used by Mourdock. Everyone has choices. Our behavior is up to us, not God.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,225,576 times
Quote:
I do indeed know G-d's view on abortion (in the Talmud). And you are indeed right, if the living baby inside it's mother is a threat to her life, there are tremendous leniencies that may be taken to save the mother's life at all cost. But I fail to see how a woman, 8 weeks after she has been raped, is in any danger? Perhaps her social life may be danger. Perhaps her checkbook. But her life? Sorry, but you failed to bring me a Torah proof supporting the view that woman can abort her baby, short of that baby killing the mother who is hosting it.
There's no proof of a god thing, so you know only what people wrote.
Not that there's a god at all.
I'm sure you'd all be posting proof of such a creature if there were any.
But, there's not. None. Zip. Nada. Zero.

So it's all about your "beliefs" and a convenient way to push control over women.
Don't want an abortion, don't have one, but don't play the invisible sky daddy card and expect us to roll over.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,225,576 times
Quote:
Are you aware of some concerted, organized, highly supported Republican effort to enact the hyperbolic scenario you described? Or are you just trying to leverage a fantastic but impossible scenario to gain some kind of political advantage with your scare tactics?

First the Democrats start a class war. That apparently failed to sway more than 47% of the public. So now you'll start a gender war with recycled but irrelevant abortion rhetoric? I'll bet you a dollar there will not be an abortion thread in the top 10 pages of this forum 1 year after the election concludes. This is simply election cycle rhetoric being used to scare weak minded voters into swaying from their voting convictions. But hey, win at all cost, right?
Yet, again, I will post this:
State Trends for 2011 on Abortion, Family Planning, Sex Education and Insurance
Laws Affecting Reproductive Health and Rights:
Trends in the First Quarter of 2011

To date, legislators have introduced 916 measures related to reproductive health and rights in the 49 legislatures that have convened their regular sessions. (Louisiana’s legislature will not convene until late April.) By the end of March, seven states had enacted 15 new laws on these issues, including provisions that:

916 laws against women and their health in one quarter in 2011.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:00 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,264,753 times
I find the deafening silence from women Republicans on this issue extremely disturbing...and the party leadership as well. There should be education on this issue for these folks..it is like a throw back to decades ago...that "no" means..."yes"..and there really is no rape at all. Blame the victim mentality.

Republicans are for less government....so..stay out of the abortion issue. Let folks do what they want...

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Republicans are for less government....so..stay out of the abortion issue. Let folks do what they want...
if pro-life people dont oppose abortion on the basis of believing in small government then (to them) it would be equal to not believing in laws against murdering adults. i dont expect pro-choice people to agree with them but at least have a better understanding of their position. you guys have such ridiculous points but you all think they are so brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies