Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmachine View Post
True but these two specifically have threatened to attack this country, North Korea has done so recently. That's like someone that keeps saying they are gonna kill you and eventually you're gonna wanna call their bluff, especially if you are way bigger and stronger than they are.
Well, if you call their bluff and kill them, you will be the one ending up in jail.

I agree that it is worrying that they have nuclear weapons, but we have no right to do anything to a sovereign nation. We are a much bigger bully and, I assume, part of the reason NK and Iran want to join the nuclear club is to deter us from attacking in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
North Korea has done so recently.
When was that exactly?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
If I was president that part of the world would have no population at all. Well I'd probably just invade Iran but North Korea would be wiped off the grid.

By the time things ended from what you started what makes you think things would be any better over here?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
OP - you have the heart of a cowardly bully determined to attack anyone that he can to reduce his fear. That never works out very well because his victims and their friends always figure out how and when to stop the bully. You need to read Tsn Tzu’s "The Art of War" or see a shrink or both.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:55 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
By the time things ended from what you started what makes you think things would be any better over here?
We wouldn't have to put up with any more "Gangnam Style" videos... since any attack on North Korea would kill millions of South Koreans and enrage the rest. No more Samsung, Hyundai, Kia, or LG either. Praise! Glory!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Why haven't we nuked North Korea and Iran yet?
How many innocent people should die to satisfy your paranoia?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
They have the right to nuclear weapons, as does every nation.

Why don't we nuke every nation with nuclear weapons? After all, they might attack us in the future.
I was thinking the same thing.. and then again, we would eventually have to nuke ourselves...

Old 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I hope you never become president. Any of you remember that movie where a guy could see the future and when he shaked the hand of a politician running for prez he saw him joyfully starting a nuclear war?
The Dead Zone....

The Dead Zone (1983) - IMDb

Old 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Okay I know I'm going against my own faith but even saying this (I'm Christian)
Quote:
But why wait until New York City or Washington, D.C. gets blown the **** up to do something?
Russia is a different story...

Well, you had it right I guess in your first post. Not very Christian of you. At any rate, I don't advocate playing the roll of a bully, and conducting a pre-emptive strike because something may or may not happen. BTW, when has the last time Iran has invaded anyone? When is the last time they've occupied another country? Now when is the last time we've invaded another country? How many countries do we currently have troops in?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:00 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
But why wait until New York City or Washington, D.C. gets blown the **** up to do something?
Russia is a different story...
What you need to understand is that neither country has the ability to deliver a weapon to the U.S. mainland. They need a long range intercontinental missile that's capable of carrying a nuclear weapon to do that. They have short and medium range missiles that can only go so far. It's not about just making a bigger missile. In order to launch a missile half way around the world, it needs to leave earth's atmosphere....that's how long range missiles work. Once in space it orbits the earth using it's rotation to reach it's target where it's knocked out of orbit and it glides down to the surface.

This is why each keeps tryinlg to put a satellite into orbit successfully....that's the baby steps to being able to build an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies