Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Bottom line: There were conflicting reports on the ground, and that was reflected in conflicting and sometimes confused reports from the White House. I don't think anyone would pretend that the Obama's administration's response to Benghazi was anywhere near ideal. Nevertheless, the fact is that their statements were usually properly cautious; the YouTube video really did play a role; the attack was opportunistic, not preplanned; and it doesn't appear to have had any serious connection with Al Qaeda.

I get that it's a nice opportunity for Republicans to score some political points in the runup to an election, but really, there's not much there there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Bottom line: There were conflicting reports on the ground,...
If there were conflicting reports, mebbie they
should have read the emails coming directly
from the beleaguered consulate.

No there there? Yeah, no big deal; just a bump in the road.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:52 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
This defense is starting to look like the Battle of the Alamo. The Mother Jones article is equivalent to the wounded Jim Bowie character in the Fess Parker movie, lying wounded on his bed, firing his last pistol shot, before getting bayoneted by the Mexican troops. Valiant effort, but way too little (Mother Jones as a source), and too late, (after the dogged two plus weeks of deflections, outright denials, lieutenants falling on swords).

Weak.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:53 PM

Osama bin Laden is dead and we must keep it quiet so we can tout it to our cult following.

Britain pulled there ambassador out of Benghazi, but Obama's administration denied increased security. 4 men dead and they watched it as it happened. Nope, no big deal and off to Vegas he went instead of rescheduling his Intelligence meeting.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:54 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Dang those details.
Quote:
Osama bin Laden is dead and we must keep it quiet so we can tout it to our cult following.

Britain pulled there ambassador out of Benghazi, but Obama's administration denied increased security. 4 men dead and they watched it as it happened. Nope, no big deal and off to Vegas he went instead of rescheduling his Intelligence meeting.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:54 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
I bet if you guys continue to pretend to be outraged, it will sway the election in your favor.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Bottom line: There were conflicting reports on the ground, and that was reflected in conflicting and sometimes confused reports from the White House. I don't think anyone would pretend that the Obama's administration's response to Benghazi was anywhere near ideal. Nevertheless, the fact is that their statements were usually properly cautious; the YouTube video really did play a role; the attack was opportunistic, not preplanned; and it doesn't appear to have had any serious connection with Al Qaeda.

I get that it's a nice opportunity for Republicans to score some political points in the runup to an election, but really, there's not much there there.
Not much there? You clearly havent' been following the story very closely. Why would you post this tripe when there are multitudes of news sources with raw data (ie. emails) to straighten out your viewpoint?

Or are you being sarcastic?

Old 10-25-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Not much there? You clearly havent' been following the story very closely. Why would you post this tripe when there are multitudes of news sources with raw data (ie. emails) to straighten out your viewpoint?

Another mis-informed liberal. Ask me if i'm surprised.
lol, no not me, I am not a liberal who are an embarrassment to this country. I did post the story because this is what the liberals were being fed by liberal news media before all the proof to the contrary and proof of the lies came out. Worse, they said not much here, a disgrace and yet the liberals turn a blind eye to the deaths and Obama's lies.

May one of a liberals own be placed in the same position and see how they like it when the president turns his head. Terrorist now see the U.S. as weak and it will happen again, maybe if it is one of you then you will wake up.

Last edited by petch751; 10-25-2012 at 02:17 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
lol, no not me, I am not a liberal who are an embarrassment to this country. I did post the story because this is what the liberals were being fed by liberal news before all the proof to the contrary came out. Worse, they said not much here, a disgrace and yet the liberals turn a blind eye to the deaths and Obama's lies.

May one of a liberals own be placed in the same position and see how they like it when the president turns his head, believe me, they now see the U.S. as weak and it will happen again.
Oops...it took me a minute to catch onto the sarcasm. I edited my post.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:14 PM

No problem, I posted it because I found it amazing what liberals and Obama supporters were being fed from left wing media and how wrong they were. Now I am accused of false outrage but I feel bad for everyone who pays for the American way with their life or with physical problems and their families, yet this left wing news media is telling people "but really, there's not much there there".

The next time, it will happen again, may it be one of yours and lets see how you like it when Obama tries lying his way out of it and how Hillary tries to downplay not increasing security. Unlike Obama who is more concerned about getting re-elected, at least the Brits are more concerned with their people and pulled their people out of Benghazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies