Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The best post of the year!
You must be right because i got 22 reps for this ONE post, so clearly ALOT of people share the sentiment. Ignore the naysayers, they are just sour Mitt lost the election

Old 10-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I just thew up in my mouth.

How can people lie so openly?
Did you choke??? If you have a pre existing condition--Obama care can help you

Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM

I read through the posts and replies, All antiObama supporters truly are not patriotic OR American. You clearly made me laugh. The accusations were hilarious!!! You are some ingrates. Either way just be prepared for Obama to be your Commander in Chief for another 4 years. And for those who continued to ask me the same questions about the post were not dignifed and relevant or patriotic enough to deserve a response. You anti Obama folks are a hoot. All that negative energy you have against the President is what is working against your candidate Mitt. Keep the insults coming. I heard a proverb overseas that says--An empty can sounds the loudest....pretty much surmises the Anti American/Anti Obama folks. Shame on you for being so unpatriotic. Respect the title and Respect the man, 4 more years he will have as YOUR Commander in Chief!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
You must be right because i got 22 reps for this ONE post, so clearly ALOT of people share the sentiment. Ignore the naysayers, they are just sour Mitt lost the election
chica_bella,

You must have said and thought before you fainted :

oooooooooooh, aaaaaaaaaaah The POTUS!

My hero, my confidant, my messiah, my everything and what a bod and smile!

And look he came out from Air Force One maaaaan that's boss and I don't care that the taxpayers are paying the huge tab for it from borrowed and printed monies!

Sorry that was too tempting.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It sounds like people got a good look at Air Force 1 (or should I say campaign bus 1?)...did they actually see the president? I would like to see AF-1....regardless of who is president.
AF1 has landed in Idaho Falls many times, mostly because of it's proximity to Jackson Hole. The Jackson Hole airport isn't big enough to accommodate AF1, and Jackson Hole is a very popular spot for government conferences, Presidential vacations and retreats, and some quiet international conferences.

The same is true with Sun Valley to a lesser degree, and it, too, has an airport much to small to accommodate larger jets. Most typically, when the big shots show up here, they are transported to their final destination in smaller aircraft.

Some Presidents have been here much more often than others. The Clintons were here several times, but Bush didn't come out here much. Cheney did several times in AF2. Obama hasn't been here very much. Whenever a Prez or VP comes, there are always a lot of secret service aircraft that accompany, but I'm not sure where they are based. I think most of those aircraft are most likely based at Hill AFB, in Utah or are from Mt. Home AFB. There is a lot of Air force traffic between the two bases routinely.

If I know when AF1 is coming, I'll drop you a PM if you want to come down. Sometimes there's a meet & greet before whoever shows up gets on or off, and sometimes not. They never announce much beforehand, of course, so seeing AF1 here is usually a matter of learning it's here from someone I know who lives in the airport area.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
chica_bella,

You must have said and thought before you fainted :

oooooooooooh, aaaaaaaaaaah The POTUS!

My hero, my confidant, my messiah, my everything and what a bod and smile!

And look he came out from Air Force One maaaaan that's boss and I don't care that the taxpayers are paying the huge tab for it from borrowed and printed monies!

Sorry that was too tempting.
God bless you my friend....I think when God created you he removed you from the cool comic line, HE clearly knew in advance being funny was not in your future

Old 10-26-2012, 05:19 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
God bless you my friend....I think when God created you he removed you from the cool comic line, HE clearly knew in advance being funny was not in your future
I thought it was a bit funny though and sure some others will think so as well.

Never thought of myself to being a comedian and I know that it wouldn't work all that well if I had to do it for a living.

Thanks for being cool about it even though we both have different POTUS preferences.

GOD Bless!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Today at work we I got a chance to see the President and his entourage flash by, and had a very clear view of Air Force One.

What was very interesting is that everyone was rushing into one area just to try to get a glimpse of the President, as I looked around the crowded room, there were blacks, whites, mixed people, gay people, asians, africans, latinos, and Medical directors that make well over $250,000/year; Republicans who voted for McCain now voting for Obama rushing in to one area to try to get a glimpse of the President. People were crying and I stood there to watch the various cultures and races and tax brackets that came to one area who were all moved to see Air Force One.

I have never in my life seen one President that can bring generations and races together for one common cause. There is something very powerful about this President that has truly affected people. When the woman was crying and shaking and people taking pics left and right, I was proud to see that one President who has the ability to bring people together represent our nation and being our Commander Chief

He is not a man of division. When I saw on the news a Romney Rally in Ohio, it struck me that there is NO diversity in that crowd. All white, and his audience very much reminiscent of the McCain crowd..his crowd never depicts how the U. S. looks. We are a melting pot. That is one of the things that makes this country so great!!
Ohhh please.... A large group of people at work would rush to watch almost any activity outside their window at work, anything to distract them from their mundane assignments. If office workers hear an accident, they'll come running to the window, if Clinton is outside the window getting his d... suck.. by a woman he picked at random, they'll be a crowd watching.

Your post is naive at best.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The best post of the year!
Most delusional post of the year.... ohh that explains why you liked it.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:07 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Quote:
Did you choke??? If you have a pre existing condition--Obama care can help you
Nope, I pay for my own health insurance. Not looking for a handout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies