Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There are more important issues. Gay marriage will happen in its time no matter who is in the White House.
thank you and whether a supporter of gay marriage, or not, this isn't an issue that should affect who we vote for. Yes, gay marriage will, in its time be legalized and accepted but it isn't going to happen in the next few years regardless who is President. This is how the Log Cabin Republicans view it, or so it appears. They do not like Romneys stand on marriage, but they also realize our country has a lot more things to worry about at this time. To me, it is important to vote based on fiscal issues and yes, some social issues but certainly not on just one or two things. Too many people do not look at the enitre picture.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
This is the kind of stuff that happens when you elect religious extremists to political office. Romney's first allegiance will always be to the Mormon cult and their interpretation of how we should all live.
and it is statements like you are making that sound more bigotted than intelligent. What about our first Catholic pres, and what about our first black pres, did they let their personal lives, religions or culture influence their job? Have we even had a Pres that has secretly been gay or an atheist or an agnostic? Romney's religion is his private life, which he is entitled to, and will have no barring on his ability to lead? Didn't Obama tell us he was opposed to same sex marriage?

Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Didn't Obama tell us he was opposed to same sex marriage?
He evolved.

It happens. Ask Willard, since he seems to "evolve" on a daily basis.

There has never been a presidential candidate in our history who has been more "evolved" than your candidate.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
He evolved.

It happens. Ask Willard, since he seems to "evolve" on a daily basis.

There has never been a presidential candidate in our history who has been more "evolved" than your candidate.
Sort of like the Mormon church in 1978. May 31 black people were marked for some unknown sin, June 1 they were a-okay.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sort of like the Mormon church in 1978. May 31 black people were marked for some unknown sin, June 1 they were a-okay.
Yup.

The same people who got their panties in such a twist over Reverend Wright sure don't seem to have an issue with the discriminatory practices of the Mormon church.

I've yet to see anyone explain that one to my satisfaction.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Yup.

The same people who got their panties in such a twist over Reverend Wright sure don't seem to have an issue with the discriminatory practices of the Mormon church.

I've yet to see anyone explain that one to my satisfaction.
I'm still waiting as well.
FYI, if you haven't seen it, Andrew Sullivan has done some excellent reporting this week on his Daily Beast/Dish site on this hypocrisy. It is well worth reading.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm still waiting as well.
FYI, if you haven't seen it, Andrew Sullivan has done some excellent reporting this week on his Daily Beast/Dish site on this hypocrisy. It is well worth reading.
Cool!

I love Andrew Sullivan but don't tend to read him on a regular basis (I'm not sure why) so I always appreciate it when someone gives me a head's up about something he's written.

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:37 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I could care less about gay marriage, but gay couples having kids, not that's another issue.

Why? Because as much as we'd like to believe we're an enlightened society and we see our similarities, not our differences, children of gay couples are going to have very, very tough time growing up. I know that's not right or fair, but kids are mean enough when you're fat, wear glasses, awkward, etc. Can you imagine how they're going to pick on the kids with the gay parents?
I think that children who have knuckle-dragging Neanderthal bigots for parents will have a rougher time in the world than kids whose parents are gay.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:38 PM

749 posts, read 838,241 times
Quote:
He evolved.
He didn't "evolve"...

He pandered for votes.

Did you happen to notice that with his VERY next breath, he stated he believed that the legality of Gay Marriage should remain a STATE issue!

LOL

Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think that children who have knuckle-dragging Neanderthal bigots for parents will have a rougher time in the world than kids whose parents are gay.
Many of those parents are regular City Data posters.

But, yes, I totally agree with you. You know damn well the lack of compassion and empathy (often in the name of "religion") shown on these threads influences the kids in those households.

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.