Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times

Advertisements

And why do people want to vote for this flip flopper? do you honestly think that he is a man that will help families? Oh wait, yes families that only conform to his definition.

Quote:
Waas reveals how, after gays and lesbians in Massachusetts won the right to marry in 2003, Governor Romney wouldn't allow the Registry of Vital Records and Statistics to revise birth certificate forms for babies born to same-sex couples. The plan was to have the box for "father," for example, relabeled "father or second parent." But according to documents obtained by Waas, Romney rejected the plan, demanding the agency continue using old forms. Romney then demanded hospitals get permission from his office each time a child was born to a same sex-couple in order to cross out, with a pen, the label "father" or "mother," and write-in, with a pen, "second parent." (Romney also required gay male parents to get a court order before any birth certificate was issued.)

Those children would then go through life with birth certificates that marked them as strange, abnormal, less than everyone else, punished because Romney didn't approve of their parents. As a Department of Health attorney warned Romney, the children would be disadvantaged and would have trouble applying to school or getting drivers licenses as adults, particularly in a post-9/11 world where they might be considered security risks, having birth certificates that appeared altered. It was a "violation of existing statutes," the attorney warned Romney. But Romney waved off the warnings, not caring about the the legal, psychological or personal ramifications.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
There are more important issues. Gay marriage will happen in its time no matter who is in the White House.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:03 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,209 times
I could care less about gay marriage, but gay couples having kids, not that's another issue.

Why? Because as much as we'd like to believe we're an enlightened society and we see our similarities, not our differences, children of gay couples are going to have very, very tough time growing up. I know that's not right or fair, but kids are mean enough when you're fat, wear glasses, awkward, etc. Can you imagine how they're going to pick on the kids with the gay parents?

Old 10-26-2012, 04:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I could care less about gay marriage, but gay couples having kids, not that's another issue.

Why? Because as much as we'd like to believe we're an enlightened society and we see our similarities, not our differences, children of gay couples are going to have very, very tough time growing up. I know that's not right or fair, but kids are mean enough when you're fat, wear glasses, awkward, etc. Can you imagine how they're going to pick on the kids with the gay parents?
Yet, amazingly, my 3 children are all successful well adjusted and happy. Not one of them ever tries to hide the fact that they have 2 moms, it's all over the two oldest ones tumble and twitter accounts, and we are active in the youngest ones school, martial arts, and scouting groups.

Can you explain to me how bad their lives are?

Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
This is the kind of stuff that happens when you elect religious extremists to political office. Romney's first allegiance will always be to the Mormon cult and their interpretation of how we should all live.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:45 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
And why do people want to vote for this flip flopper? do you honestly think that he is a man that will help families? Oh wait, yes families that only conform to his definition.
Gay children are adopted, are we going to modify birth certificates just for adopted kids with a gay parent?

Old 10-26-2012, 04:48 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Gay children are adopted, are we going to modify birth certificates just for adopted kids with a gay parent?

read the article again. You missed the entire point.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My children aren't adopted, I carried 2 of them and went through labor and delivery.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:59 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post

I was bullied mercilessly as a child because I was Jewish in an area of the country that is predominantly Southern Baptist. We had a cross burned on my lawn and rocks thrown through my window and everything - and this was the 90s.

Guess my parents shouldn't have been so selfish to have children. After all, we were much more likely to be made fun of because we had a Jewish parent! Better pass a law against it.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:01 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My children aren't adopted, I carried 2 of them and went through labor and delivery.
With a gay couple, only one parent is the genetic parent. Even a lesbian couple, only one person is the genetic mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies