Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 01:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Tell me, did you offer the same admonishment when everyone was hurling epithets towards Jerry Sandusky, long before a trial took place?
As a matter of fact, yes I did. Perhaps not on this board but elsewhere. I'm a former cop. I believe in the rule of law. Had I not I would've done a pretty lousy job of enforcing it.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
As a matter of fact, yes I did. Perhaps not on this board but elsewhere. I'm a former cop. I believe in the rule of law. Had I not I would've done a pretty lousy job of enforcing it.
Citizens professing their belief that someone is guilty prior to a trial does not negate the rule of law.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It would have worked if the trial had occurred sooner. The only thing smaller with folks reflexively siding with Zimmerman than their IQs are their attention spans.
I'm beginning to think that there is more than one raging moron.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to think that there is more than one raging moron.
Why? Do you think opinions should not be expressed for some reason?

Old 10-27-2012, 02:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
The fact is I think Zimmerman is guilty of gross stupidity but doubt if he can be convicted of anything under Florida law. I still cannot see how anyone can find beyond a reasonable doubt Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder. Manslaughter seems possible, but unlikely unless there is a smoking gun I have not heard about. Been staying away from these threads because there has been no new evidence to change my opinion, which admittedly is just an opinion, or anyone elses.

I think there is a chance of a manslsughter conviction, not based on Florida law, but based on the jury thinking someone as dumb as George needs to be locked up for at least a couple years.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Why? Do you think opinions should not be expressed for some reason?
Make that two, both of whom are trying to put words in my mouth.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is I think Zimmerman is guilty of gross stupidity but doubt if he can be convicted of anything under Florida law. I still cannot see how anyone can find beyond a reasonable doubt Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder. Manslaughter seems possible, but unlikely unless there is a smoking gun I have not heard about. Been staying away from these threads because there has been no new evidence to change my opinion, which admittedly is just an opinion, or anyone elses.

I think there is a chance of a manslsughter conviction, not based on Florida law, but based on the jury thinking someone as dumb as George needs to be locked up for at least a couple years.
It will be interesting to see what happens at the immunity hearing which has been scheduled for it seems sometime in April.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Make that two, both of whom are trying to put words in my mouth.
No. The words coming out of your mouth are confusing.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
No. The words coming out of your mouth are confusing.
Funny, I'm not confused at all.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:55 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
"George Zimmerman's murder trial for the shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin will commence on June 10, 2013, according to the Orlando Sentinal.
Click Orlando reports that Zimmerman was not present at the hearing where the trial date was set."

George Zimmerman Trial Date Set: Trayvon Martin Shooter's Trial Scheduled For June 10th, 2013

The Court also set a date for the stand your ground immunity hearing for 45 days prior to the trial date, plus heard other motions in the case last Friday.

"The judge ruled on several other motions Friday, including setting a date for a hearing on the "stand your ground" self-defense immunity for 45 days before trial. Nelson previously scheduled Zimmerman's murder trial for June 10. A status hearing is set for mid-December"

George Zimmerman Gag Order: Prosecutors To Argue For Motion In Trayvon Martin Case

It appears from the photo published with the above article that zimmerman has gained a LOT OF WEIGHT. This will not be a good thing when he goes to trial as his defense is that Martin was on top of him beating him and he was afraid of Martin. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The jury will be looking at a very, very large man. I would think his lawyer will be encouraging him to lose weight.
Well, IMO, the zim will be acquitted of the murder II charge, but the judge in the case may also decide that the zim committed perjury when zim and spouse said they had not enough $$$ to make the original higher bail set (claimed they didn't have that kind of money). Lying to a court is pretty bad. I can also see gun rights advocates in zims corner, for the best defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies