Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
But the use of force by Martin (if there was any) could also be viewed as self-defense, in fear for his life, since he was being stalked by a gun-wielding lunatic.
The problem is, Martin isn't here to declare that himself. The modus is for the prosecution to prove their case against Zimmerman.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wrong

1. trayvon was a football player sized young adult

2. trayvon was a KNOWN punk , who was suspended 3 trime from school

3. trayvon was last suspended from school on suspicion of drug use

4. zimmerman never took out the gun, so trayvon never could have feared a 'gun-wielding' person

5. trayvon attacked zimmerman, and there is eye witnesses to that

6. any alets look at trayvon and the tea and skittles: Turns out that we parents are unaware that there is a drug drink made from Arizona Watermelon drink and Skittles candy and then mixed with OVER THE COUNTER cough medicine (Robitussen and similar brands) that makes a very potent drug.

Not only is there now all sorts of evidence popping up that Trayvon Martin was abusing drugs, but it also is a warning to parents all over America that simple combinations of commonly available goods can be some serious drugs in the hands of our kids.

The drug is called LEAN or PURPLE LEAN. It is very likely that Trayvon Martin was on his way to make some more LEAN the night he was shot, the coroner's report shows that his liver was damaged in a way that is consistent with the use of LEAN/PURPLE LEAN.

Trayvon Martin was not only an illegal drug-user, but possibly a drug-dealer.

Wow..I was already aware of some of the first points, however if there is any credibility to your final points and if the defense presents this information, it will certainly make it more difficult for the prosecution to make their case.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Martin had a right to provoke a physical confrontation (which I don't believe he did anyway) because Zimmerman was stalking him with a gun.

If an armed man was following me first in his truck and then by foot, on a dark rainy night in Florida as I returned from the store, I would assume he was trying to rob me. (The Orlando area has a very high crime rate.)
as most people would. I know that I would be fearful if someone was following me.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
as most people would. I know that I would be fearful if someone was following me.
So it's safe to assume you'd be ok if you were walking behind me and I turned around and assaulted you? Yeah right... Hypocrite..

Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM

293 posts, read 570,551 times
Unless the State tries this case like a 1L, TM's background will not come into this case. How do you do this? You keep the testimony away from character evidence. You make no mention as to reputation in the community, etc...through your witnesses for the state.

Because it seems that JZ did not know TM until this event, he had no REASONABLE cause to fear TM because of TM's past. Now what happened that day will be very critical as to what was REASONABLE under the circumstances.

Unless Florida law flies in the face of the basic Rules of Evidence, those school records, FB pics, etc...will not come in but for fatal mistakes by the State.

On the flip side though, we really have no clue what a jury is going to do in this case. I recently had a case where my client admitted stabbing a man in the face with a screwdriver. The state had originally charged him with Attempted 2nd degree murderer, 1st degree assault, etc... The victim was messed up really bad and had to have all types of medical treatment. My client said the victim had a weapon and the state's people said the victim did not.

After a three day full jury trial and my client testifying as to why he did what he did, it was a not guilty on all counts.

Point is that none of us really know what a jury will do with this. We just have to let the system work.

But remember, all of this stuff that you are reading and hearing may or may not be admitted into Evidence. There are rules in place which controls what a jury can see or hear.

Again, just my. 02 cents

Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm noticing a trend. It seems lately, the Trayvonistas are making up excuses as to why Zimm will walk. Do they see the handwriting on the wall? Will they ever admit they just plain didn't have a clue what they were spewing about?

Of course if he does, it will be someone's fault other than Sweet Little Tray. Bad prosecution. Bad evidence. Bad jury.

This is such fun to watch!

All the Trayvonistas should be sentenced to watch 12 Angry Men:

12 Angry Men (1957) - YouTube
He won't walk. Why do you think he requested to get his tracking devise taken off?

Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But DNA WAS found. Doesn't matter where. IT WAS FOUND! I don't care about some blog. The point is you lied, DNA WAS FOUND ON MARTIN!

BTW, That blog is so damn biased it is a joke.
If he was punching him over and over it would also be on his hands, but it wasn't.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Here's another thing you Trayvonistas need to take into account. Fearing for one's life is subjective and different for every single person. It is not something written in stone. Something that I fear for my life about, someone else might not. All that matters is if ZIMMERMAN felt fear for his life. THAT'S IT!
Then why did he get out of his car to hunt for Martin? Why couldn't he tell the police where his car would be?

Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
But the use of force by Martin (if there was any) could also be viewed as self-defense, in fear for his life, since he was being stalked by a gun-wielding lunatic.
Exactly!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If he was punching him over and over it would also be on his hands, but it wasn't.
It's not as black and white as you try and make it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies