Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

It seems the liberty of white hispanics means nothing to the Trayvon supporters.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
The rebel Blacks should be ashamed of themselves after the last pic of Z and more info obviously to come. I don't think its good for the excellent majority Black people to put up with. I think if there is a God which is prob true...he would be fed up with this BS from racist minority. Its so unfair to what is known and yet to be disclosed. Shame on the ones trying to feed the built up need of racism, on a victim.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It seems the liberty of white hispanics means nothing to the Trayvon supporters.
Not when they're killers.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 PM

The fact is Florida laws allow idiots to chase, confront and otherwise aggravate other individuals and then shoot them if they object in a threatening manner.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
The fact is Florida laws allow idiots to chase, confront and otherwise aggravate other individuals and then shoot them if they object in a threatening manner.
And that just points out how idiotic that state is.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And that just points out how idiotic that state is.
I agree. Justice will have to come in a civil court, where gross stupidity and negligence can be punished.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Not really. Here are links to the two statutes related to stand your ground:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0776.012.html

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not really. Here are links to the two statutes related to stand your ground:

Of course, they don't use the words I used. I suggest you google a few of the cases in Florida where SYG acquittals occurred. Of course, it appears Zimmerman will rely on the old fashioned self-defense contending he was on his back and unable to escape. Thus no need for an SYG defense.

For a CCW holder to engage in such reckless behavior as Zimmermen did should be illegal. It ain't.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Of course, they don't use the words I used. I suggest you google a few of the cases in Florida where SYG acquittals occurred. Of course, it appears Zimmerman will rely on the old fashioned self-defense contending he was on his back and unable to escape. Thus no need for an SYG defense.

For a CCW holder to engage in such reckless behavior as Zimmermen did should be illegal. It ain't.
The Tampa Bay newspaper posted homicides in Florida that involved stand your ground and whether the defendant was found guilty, acquitted, took a plea, or case is still pending. They evaluated each case on the following terms. Try to guess how the jury decided in a case in which the answers were as follows:

Did the victim initiate the confrontation? Y
Was the victim armed? Y
Was the victim committing a crime that led to the confrontation? N
Did the defendant pursue the victim? Y
Could the defendant have retreated to avoid the conflict? Y
Was the defendant on his or her property? N
Did someone witness the attack? Y
Was there physical evidence? Y

Spoiler
Defendant Norman Borden acquitted of killing Saul Trejo.
http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-g...cases/case_126

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

You're right, there have been several questionable cases, including many in which an assailant killed an unarmed person, claimed it was self-defense and was acquitted.

There was a case in which the shooter wasn't even charged and he almost sounds like a serial killer or crazy vigilante.

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-g...cases/case_107

Last edited by ellemint; 12-14-2012 at 02:45 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's the first time I have listened to Trayvon's girlfriend's testimony. One thing I noticed was she said Trayvon was rushing to get back to the apartment where his Dad, his Dad's girlfriend, and his younger brother were watching TV. Because Trayvon was ready to get going and go home to his mother's. So it contradicts what Zimmerman says about Trayvon strolling through the condo complex looking around and seemingly casing out places to burglarize.

Also, while she's on the phone with Trayvon she hears him get knocked down and say "get off of me" , so it is obvious Zimmerman jumped Trayvon. With her testimony I don't see how anyone could say Trayvon initiated any kind of attack on Zimmerman.
Zimmerman was a Gung-Ho racist Twirp, obviously Hell-bent on hurting Trayvon because Z-man figured a black guy in a hoodie (minus the Skittles candy) was going to case all the apartments in the complex, so Z-man took his vigilante stance and murdered Trayvon out of fear of nothing exept his own stupid ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies