Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have never been followed, but if I was and the person was not identifying themselves, I would assume that they were up to no good. I also don't follow others. Do you follow people around? Sounds as if you do, the way you are defending this strange behavior.
What's strange about walking behind someone? You are paranoid as all hell. Should we make separate sidewalks? One for every person where there is only allowed to be one person per sidewalk?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What's strange about walking behind someone? You are paranoid as all hell. Should we make separate sidewalks? One for every person where there is only allowed to be one person per sidewalk?
C'mon, give me a break. Who is talking about "walking behind someone"? There is a difference between that and following someone with intentions of keeping them in your sights for a specific purpose.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
C'mon, give me a break. Who is talking about "walking behind someone"? There is a difference between that and following someone with intentions of keeping them in your sites for a specific purpose.
How do you know for sure that's what they are doing? It's impossible for you to know that, just turn around and ask them if you're that paranoid. No need to get physical.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Fatso created a hostile walking environment.

Last edited by Statutory Ape; 02-01-2013 at 03:06 PM..

Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
How do you know for sure that's what they are doing? It's impossible for you to know that, just turn around and ask them if you're that paranoid. No need to get physical.
Because most people have a gut instinct to know the difference. It's primal. And Trayvon Martin was not wrong...was he? Zimmerman did follow him. Your premise is that Martin should have taken for granted that Zimmerman just happened to be walking in the same direction as Martin, but we know that was not the case. No one knows what they will do in a situation like that until it happens. You are laying the responsoisibility of being docile and passive at Martin's feet and yet you will not acquiesce to the fact that Zimmerman could have had an alternative reaction as well.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
People follow others every single day everywhere. How do you know what their intentions are? What if they are going to the same place you are? They have to ID themselves and state their intentions as to why they are on a public sidewalk because you say so? Who the hell are you to demand ANYTHING from anyone?
dear god! Yes, there is something to be concerned about when someone is following you on a dark rainy night, first in their car, then on foot! there is NOTHING usual, ordinary, or normal about that. It's not like these two were walking down a sidewalk in the middle of the day, with others out walking along too.

As for demanding Id or anything from someone following you, as I said, in the DARK (at night) in the rain, in an apartment complex with no one else outside, the onus is on the person doing the FOLLOWING to let the person know he's not a serial killer or someone up to no good!!! If the person doing the following doesn't bother to do that, then ANY NORMAL PERSON would definitely be suspicious.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
dear god! Yes, there is something to be concerned about when someone is following you on a dark rainy night, first in their car, then on foot! there is NOTHING usual, ordinary, or normal about that. It's not like these two were walking down a sidewalk in the middle of the day, with others out walking along too.

As for demanding Id or anything from someone following you, as I said, in the DARK (at night) in the rain, in an apartment complex with no one else outside, the onus is on the person doing the FOLLOWING to let the person know he's not a serial killer or someone up to no good!!! If the person doing the following doesn't bother to do that, then ANY NORMAL PERSON would definitely be suspicious.
It's not anyone's responsibility to alleviate a person's paranoia. The thing here is, you STILL don't have a right to assault someone even if you're paranoid.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Because most people have a gut instinct to know the difference. It's primal. And Trayvon Martin was not wrong...was he? Zimmerman did follow him. Your premise is that Martin should have taken for granted that Zimmerman just happened to be walking in the same direction as Martin, but we know that was not the case. No one knows what they will do in a situation like that until it happens. You are laying the responsoisibility of being docile and passive at Martin's feet and yet you will not acquiesce to the fact that Zimmerman could have had an alternative reaction as well.
ok, once again for the brain dead here. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ASSAULT SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU ARE PARANOID!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
It's not anyone's responsibility to alleviate a person's paranoia. The thing here is, you STILL don't have a right to assault someone even if you're paranoid.
If an armed man tries to detain you, you have every right to assault them. I assume you would comply, not everyone is that subserviant.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If an armed man tries to detain you, you have every right to assault them. I assume you would comply, not everyone is that subserviant.
And if you assault an armed person expect to be killed. I'd like to know where you get this info that Zimmerman tried to detain anyone and that Martin was aware he was armed before he attacked Zimmerman and went for his gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies