Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 AM

376 posts, read 652,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then do you dearly wish a law to be passed that would place all pregnant women on 24 hr a day electronic surveillance to make sure they don't go get an abortion?

No. Are you in the business of kiling babies for blood money? When I look at my 3 kids and realize my wife could have had them killed and there's nothing I could do about it....fortunately, she is more dedicated to providing support for women and unwanted babies and even more pro-life than I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,282,565 times
So, we make abortion illegal. What do we do with women who still get an abortion illegally?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 AM

18,368 posts, read 19,001,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So, we make abortion illegal. What do we do with women who still get an abortion illegally?
seriously anti choice folks seem not to care if women die from back alley and self inflicted coat hanger abortions, after all look at all the babies they saved

Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,800,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
Simply brilliant.

Why I Am Pro-Life - NYTimes.com

I'd quote a few key, specific sections, but think it's quite worthwhile to read the article in its entirety.
You're a pro-lifer and anti-choice, because politicians who can't win on anything but emotions needed you, and have tuned you to vote their way.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 AM

781 posts, read 1,195,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're a pro-lifer and anti-choice, because politicians who can't win on anything but emotions needed you, and have tuned you to vote their way.
Did you read the article? Or is this sarcasm? Either way, say a bit more...

Old 10-29-2012, 10:17 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Where`s the outrage from these people when a dozen or so living human beings are gunned down at the movie theater,church,school,etc.? Pro war and pro gun is pro life?
Easy. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Likewise, abortions don't kill fetuses. People kill fetuses.

There, problem solved.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
Did you read the article? Or is this sarcasm? Either way, say a bit more...
No, I didn't care for the article. I did care for the title of your thread and addressed it the way I see it. Why else do you think we talk about pro-choice versus anti-choice during Presidential elections, or political elections in general?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM

781 posts, read 1,195,410 times
I am pro-life, and pro-choice, and, have held these beliefs long before I even had the opportunity to register to vote.

Abortion and women's rights have never been threatened in this extreme way, since the first time I was eligible to vote for a president over a decade ago. Cue, my interest in this discussion. Further, when deciding my vote, I take a look at which candidate's overall views align most with what I believe and agree with; I don't focus on one specific topic, such as abortion, to dictate all. For others in this forum, not sure I can say the same.

In terms of the article; not sure what's not to care about it. He's calling out a hypocrisy, which, very few have decided to thoroughly touch upon in this thread. Instead, just endless posts about conception and viability, almost ironically supporting what the author was originally calling out as a major contradiction in terms of the sanctity of life--regardless of where one 'believes' it all begins, for sure, it doesn't end at birth.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM

I am pro-choice, because it is none of my business to impose my personal choices on others, just as I don't want anybody else telling me about my personal choices.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,385,613 times
I think maybe 3 people actually read the article.

The article explains how you don't get to call yourself "prolife" simply because you oppose abortion.

Most conservatives are not prolife, as they lack concern for what happens AFTER birth... or at least if they are concerned, they think, "hey, not MY problem!"

So no, you are not prochoice, Mr. Conservative warrior. You are anti-abortion. There is a huge difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies