Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Many men who have been tricked into babies wouldn't care.
Many would not be affected by my idea. ALL would be affected.

You obviously inferred you obviously wish to use your wallet as a weapon, and anyone who would even for a second consider that, should never, ever breed.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I'm a man and no I think it is the woman's choice.

As long as the fetus is dependent on the mother for life, it is essentially part of her body. We've never said a man has control over any other part of a woman's body (at least not since we started treating women equally).

If the baby had the same DNA as the mother, it would be part of her body, but it doesn't, so it isn't.

The willful act of copulating makes the mother and father equally responsible for making the baby dependent on the mother's body, and this for the entire period of time it takes for the baby's lungs to develop to the point they supply enough oxygen to sustain life apart from the mother.

Of course everyone understands abortion is murder.

The only difference between the pro-life and the pro-abortion crowds is that pro-lifers will say what everyone already knows and the pro-abortion bunch will cling to the most bizarre rationalizations to defend what they know is wrong.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If the baby had the same DNA as the mother, it would be part of her body, but it doesn't, so it isn't.

The willful act of copulating makes the mother and father equally responsible for making the baby dependent on the mother's body, and this for the entire period of time it takes for the baby's lungs to develop to the point they supply enough oxygen to sustain life apart from the mother.

Of course everyone understands abortion is murder.

The only difference between the pro-life and the pro-abortion crowds is that pro-lifers will say what everyone already knows and the pro-abortion bunch will cling to the most bizarre rationalizations to defend what they know is wrong.
I've highlighted the part of your post where it seems clear you lack information on the views of others.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:24 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Ha ha...a man "tricked" into a woman getting pregnant. ROTFLMAO!

Men should be responsible for their sperm. That means...using condoms, and spermicide. I have taught my sons this over and over. A woman is not your birth control provider...you have the sole responsibility for using protection.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Well does he? Anybody can answer this question btw.Me personally since I am pro-choice,I think men just need to sit down, and shut the hell up. That's probably one of the reasons why I should vote for Obama.
Your body, your choice. But why do you expect men to support your choice for 18 years?

I think it's time to end child support laws for any child who was born outside of marriage.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Legally, no. Medically, no.

On a personal level, yes.

Ultimately, it is the woman's body and she will be the one carrying the child. If this is a serious relationship or marriage, then they should talk it out. Def take the man's point of view. But if it is like a one night stand or affair, then no. Do what you need to do.

It is all about communication. But regardless, it will come down to the woman. Sorry, controlling men! This is how biology works! If you want to blame the woman, stop. You decide who to stick it in. You have the choice to ask them what is going to be done if a pregnancy occurs beforehand.

Enjoy.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Ha ha...a man "tricked" into a woman getting pregnant. ROTFLMAO!

Men should be responsible for their sperm. That means...using condoms, and spermicide. I have taught my sons this over and over. A woman is not your birth control provider...you have the sole responsibility for using protection.
Accidents do happen. We had one; love her more than life itself. But if you are not taking precautions and relying on the other party for that, it isn't an accident.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Your body, your choice. But why do you expect men to support your choice for 18 years?

I think it's time to end child support laws for any child who was born outside of marriage.
Real easy for men to make a choice not to support a child, just keep your sperm to yourself. Simple solution. If you engage in sex, you need to to be prepared to support child for eighteen years.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:39 PM

629 posts, read 771,729 times
A woman is soley responsible for birth control. She decides who she spreads her legs for

her problem

Old 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
A woman is soley responsible for birth control. She decides who she spreads her legs for

her problem
Another abstinence guy.

You guys need to get over this nonsense.

Abstinence has never and will never be the solution to issues of what happens AFTER a pregnancy has started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies