Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:38 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
"Warriors of God"; it dealt with what happens when religion becomes involved in politics. It ran over three days and each day focused on a different religion - Day 1 was Judaism, Day 2 was Islam and Day 3 covered Christianity. The fact that you took one part of a three part special and turned it into an entire week of "proof" that Jews and Israel lobbyists control the media discourse concerning the Middle East says more about you than it says about the subject matter.
Yes that was the program-thank you. Yes I took one part because that was the only part that I saw and the channel did run it for a period of one week, whether or not it was a repeat is beyond me as it is well late night when I watched it. Yes they did talk about religion, but my post referred to their POWER and ability to censor/shut up those that speak against their stance on occupying Palestine.

Anthony actually your outline of the biggest media company's is a bit off. Furthermore, yes Ted Turner set up CNN and he is in fact a Jew however, he was determined to be "uncontrollable" within the inner rankings (personal knowledge)

Without further ado, the largest media conglomerate today is Time Warner which used to be AOL/Time Warner however after some financial scrutiny, they dropped AOL from the name. Steve Case (a Gentile) was chairman of AOL/Time Warner and Gerald Levin was/is the CEO (Mr. Levin by the way is a Jew-this is NO secret/conspiracy). Now Ted Turner was the Vice Chairman until he was ousted. Steve Case resigned in 2003 and was replaced by a black gentleman (Mr. Parsons). Don't think that the Jewish influence is not still dominate and calling the shots

WASHINGTON POST
You obviously need a history lesson. Katherine Graham is the DAUGHTER of Eugene Meyer who purchased the paper when it was in bankruptcy off the courthouse steps. Eugene Meyer was a Jewish financier and former partner of the infamous Bernard Baruch, a Jew who was industry czar in America during the First World War Katerine died in 2001 and her son Donald took control! The Jewish chain has not been broken

NEW YORK TIMES
The New York Times was founded in 1851 by two Gentiles, Henry J. Raymond and George Jones. After their deaths, it was purchased in 1896 from Jones's estate by a wealthy Jewish publisher, Adolph Ochs. His great-great-grandson, Arthur Sulzberger, Jr., is the paper's current publisher and the chairman of the New York Times Co. Russell T. Lewis, also a Jew, is president and chief executive officer of The New York Times Company. Michael Golden, another Jew, is vice chairman. Martin Nisenholtz, a Jew, runs their massive Internet operations. The Sulzberger family also owns, through the New York Times Co., 33 other newspapers, including the Boston Globe, purchased in June 1993 for $1.1 billion; eight TV and two radio broadcasting stations; and more than 40 news-oriented Web operations. It also publishes the International Herald Tribune, the most widely distributed English-language daily in the world. The New York Times News Service transmits news stories, features, and photographs from the New York Times by wire to 506 other newspapers, news agencies, and magazines.

Advanced Publications is a Jewish run empire (founded by Samuel Newhouse a Russian Immigrant who's holdings were inherited by his sons, Samuel & Donald) that owns several influential newspapers across the country as well as magazines, list below. Even those magazines & newspapers that are under Gentile ownership, rely mainly on advertising dollars and therefore their editorial and reporting can and will be in favor of those spending the most $$$$. You can Google for yourself how many publications Advanced owns

As I said and will continue to say, no conspiracy theories here, this is all FACT & TRUTH!

Old 10-11-2007, 04:49 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
That was a Paul advocacy site, with little in the article except explanations on why Jews should support Paul.

The article contains only one single quote about the meeting (even that wasn't clear), with no statement as to who made the quote, or their linkage to any discussions actually taking place in Israel about Paul and his stances.

The remainder of the "article" was actually an advertisement as to why Paul's position on the middle east should be supported, an editorial if you will.

Do you have a more legitimate source?
Financial News Network endorses Ron Paul but is a financial news site. I can see this regressing into who and what link , or what source is valid or not. I'm sure the the NY Times would be considered by some as some left wing agenda based drivel and Fox is part of the vast right wing conspiracy. All it takes is a simple google search, however since I was asked, I will provide a site. I'm not sure if it will pass everyone in America's litmus test as valid, credible, or reputable but it did contain some very insightful points to anyone who gives a squat

www.jews4ronpaul.org - Jews for Ron Paul 2008

I can see now that I regret that I ever posted this topic as infinite regress has been the precursor and obviously the only level of discussion on this and similar topics will ever reach.

Please close this thread.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I don't think I am wrong to say that both families you label Jewish would not identify themselves as Jewish. Jewish heritage, yes; Jewish faith, no.

I can name several people who had either great, great-great or perhaps even great-great-great grandparents who were born of the Jewish faith, but those families, too (Bach, for example) converted to Christianity many years ago, and uphold their Christian, not their Jewish, faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Yes that was the program-thank you. Yes I took one part because that was the only part that I saw and the channel did run it for a period of one week, whether or not it was a repeat is beyond me as it is well late night when I watched it. Yes they did talk about religion, but my post referred to their POWER and ability to censor/shut up those that speak against their stance on occupying Palestine.

Anthony actually your outline of the biggest media company's is a bit off. Furthermore, yes Ted Turner set up CNN and he is in fact a Jew however, he was determined to be "uncontrollable" within the inner rankings (personal knowledge)

Without further ado, the largest media conglomerate today is Time Warner which used to be AOL/Time Warner however after some financial scrutiny, they dropped AOL from the name. Steve Case (a Gentile) was chairman of AOL/Time Warner and Gerald Levin was/is the CEO (Mr. Levin by the way is a Jew-this is NO secret/conspiracy). Now Ted Turner was the Vice Chairman until he was ousted. Steve Case resigned in 2003 and was replaced by a black gentleman (Mr. Parsons). Don't think that the Jewish influence is not still dominate and calling the shots

WASHINGTON POST
You obviously need a history lesson. Katherine Graham is the DAUGHTER of Eugene Meyer who purchased the paper when it was in bankruptcy off the courthouse steps. Eugene Meyer was a Jewish financier and former partner of the infamous Bernard Baruch, a Jew who was industry czar in America during the First World War Katerine died in 2001 and her son Donald took control! The Jewish chain has not been broken

NEW YORK TIMES
The New York Times was founded in 1851 by two Gentiles, Henry J. Raymond and George Jones. After their deaths, it was purchased in 1896 from Jones's estate by a wealthy Jewish publisher, Adolph Ochs. His great-great-grandson, Arthur Sulzberger, Jr., is the paper's current publisher and the chairman of the New York Times Co. Russell T. Lewis, also a Jew, is president and chief executive officer of The New York Times Company. Michael Golden, another Jew, is vice chairman. Martin Nisenholtz, a Jew, runs their massive Internet operations. The Sulzberger family also owns, through the New York Times Co., 33 other newspapers, including the Boston Globe, purchased in June 1993 for $1.1 billion; eight TV and two radio broadcasting stations; and more than 40 news-oriented Web operations. It also publishes the International Herald Tribune, the most widely distributed English-language daily in the world. The New York Times News Service transmits news stories, features, and photographs from the New York Times by wire to 506 other newspapers, news agencies, and magazines.

Advanced Publications is a Jewish run empire (founded by Samuel Newhouse a Russian Immigrant who's holdings were inherited by his sons, Samuel & Donald) that owns several influential newspapers across the country as well as magazines, list below. Even those magazines & newspapers that are under Gentile ownership, rely mainly on advertising dollars and therefore their editorial and reporting can and will be in favor of those spending the most $$$$. You can Google for yourself how many publications Advanced owns

As I said and will continue to say, no conspiracy theories here, this is all FACT & TRUTH!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:55 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
3. The fact that someone IS Jewish says absolutely nothing about their level of observance or their politics or their attitude to the Middle East.
Nobody gives a hoot about anyone's level of observance. Most Jews are secular, but they still identify as Jews and identify with other Jews, secular or otherwise.

Quote:
And what relevance is someones Jewish heritage anyway, unless you are putting forth conspiracy theories?
If you have a bunch of Laotians dominant in the media, you are going to get the Laotian point of view. The fact that there is a spectrum of views held by individual Laotians does not mean you cannot abstract some common themes. That would be common sense if said about Laotians, but it's a "conspiracy theory" if said about Jews, and that's plain dishonest.

Quote:
No, it's a conspiracy theory, dragged of of the rear end of the internet. Up there with the Knights Templar, the Masons and the Holy Grail.
Keep barking, I'm sure the men in the white coats are on their way.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I don't think I am wrong to say that both families you label Jewish would not identify themselves as Jewish. Jewish heritage, yes; Jewish faith, no.
Faith, or level of observance, is not a criterion when one is talking ethnographically about "Jewish people." It's not a criterion for being admitted to Israel, for that matter--having an atheist grandparent who was ethnically Jewish is sufficient. So that's a complete red herring.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:03 PM

So you are saying that anyone born in the middle ages to Jewish parents, the Morano, are Jewish today by ethnographic standards?

And you are saying if my great grandfather 10 generations ago was Jewish, and I own a newspaper 10 generations later, my great grandfather 10 generations ago is influencing my politics?

That really makes sense!

I love herring! But I prefer it raw and on the streets of Amsterdam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Faith, or level of observance, is not a criterion when one is talking ethnographically about "Jewish people." It's not a criterion for being admitted to Israel, for that matter--having an atheist grandparent who was ethnically Jewish is sufficient. So that's a complete red herring.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that anyone born in the middle ages to Jewish parents, the Morano, are Jewish today by ethnographic standards?

And you are saying if my great grandfather 10 generations ago was Jewish, and I own a newspaper 10 generations later, my great grandfather 10 generations ago is influencing my politics?
Who are you referring to in your above comment, certainly not the Washington Post family? If so you're over exageratting the generations - I think you need to read my post again.

If you happen to be speaking of some other media family, please identify which paper and family you speak of.

If you are just talking in general terms, then I would add that I am talking about people of Power, not your normal "everyday common folk". Traditions/Beliefs are strong and are passed down, yes there may be some that stray however I assure you, not many.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:27 PM

Actually, I wasn't referring to anything you said in this particular post that you reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Who are you referring to in your above comment, certainly not the Washington Post family? If so you're over exageratting the generations - I think you need to read my post again.

If you happen to be speaking of some other media family, please identify which paper and family you speak of.

If you are just talking in general terms, then I would add that I am talking about people of Power, not your normal "everyday common folk". Traditions/Beliefs are strong and are passed down, yes there may be some that stray however I assure you, not many.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
If you, yourself, identify as Jewish, if other people know you as Jewish, that cannot help but condition your politics to some extent. How different people react can be surprising. Some Jews go to an extreme of Jewish criticism that wouldn't be tolerated from Gentiles: Woody Allen and Philip Roth for instance. But sure, identifying as a Jew or as any discrete minority is going to have an influence on a person, including their politics.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Actually, I wasn't referring to anything you said in this particular post that you reference.
Oh okay, because you said the following and I was the poster who pointed out who controls the major media in this country.

"Originally Posted by ontheroad

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies