Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This Obama economy has a lot of parents at home, because they can't find one job, much less a third one.

We added 15 million people into poverty these past four years, and many adults and record numbers of teens are unemployed. Unemployment and poverty make that gangland drug money look too good to pass up. Aren't most of these killings associated with the gangland drug trade in Chicago?
The areas being discussed have been poverty stricken for years. They didn't fall on hard times in just the past 4.

Please don't turn this thread into a political one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 02:45 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times
I think Obama organized the wrong community and his people are just shooting each other all the time. I wonder what exactly did he teach them?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM

734 posts, read 932,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

You do know that that district had a higher murder rate back then than it does now right.....? Also there are specific neighborhoods in Chicago that account for 50% or more of the violent crime in the city, especially murders. City officials could do more to crack down if they wanted, but they don't, most Chicagoans I know believe it is due to the fact that they don't really care about blacks and hispanics killing each other.
As long as people look to the government to solve social problems, these issues will always exist. The reality is, black boys & girls need active positive male role models and fathers in their lives. It's up to black men and women to ensure that their children have the necessary support systems in place to thrive and develop.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 PM

734 posts, read 932,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I think Obama organized the wrong community and his people are just shooting each other all the time. I wonder what exactly did he teach them?
The black people on the South Side of Chicago have as much in common with Obama, as you do, socio-economically w/ Romney.

Some people get so caught up w/ skin color, they forget about the major elephant in the room: Rich Vs. Poor...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Ignorance...ftl.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid (Good Kid, m.A.A.d City) - YouTube

Old 11-01-2012, 07:20 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
The black people on the South Side of Chicago have as much in common with Obama, as you do, socio-economically w/ Romney.

Some people get so caught up w/ skin color, they forget about the major elephant in the room: Rich Vs. Poor...
So it's black on black crime? I did not know that since that was not reported. Obama was a community organizer for years in Chicago but yet we have a very high murder rate. What did he accomplish? Why such a high murder rate in such a large and wealthy city?

Old 11-01-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
So it's black on black crime? I did not know that since that was not reported. Obama was a community organizer for years in Chicago but yet we have a very high murder rate. What did he accomplish? Why such a high murder rate in such a large and wealthy city?
The murder rate is high in poor parts of Chicago and low in rich parts of Chicago.

It's complicated but your attempts to try to pin this on Obama is utterly dumb.

Really, just go to the other threads and rant about stupid political stuff, we are having an actual conversation here.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
As long as people look to the government to solve social problems, these issues will always exist. The reality is, black boys & girls need active positive male role models and fathers in their lives. It's up to black men and women to ensure that their children have the necessary support systems in place to thrive and develop.
Flashback to the Dan Quayle vs. Murphy Brown stuff where the character decided to just have a baby without a dad and they made it out to be this empowering wonderful thing where no man was needed.....

Candace Bergen to her credit, later admitted it was a mistake.

Big, big push to de-stigmatize single motherhood back in the day. I don't feel it's fair to look down on anyone so that's fully understandable but to glamorize it and gloss over the many known problems is a crappy thing to do. It's about as cool as hawking cigarettes at 12 year olds on nickalodean.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,035,636 times
I live in Chicago. The truth of the matter is, most of the gun violence is gang/drug related and isolated in black/hispanic neighborhoods where gangs fight over drug turf.

As long as it doesn't impact the wealthy white neighborhoods on the northside and remains contained in the south/west sides, I think the govt of Chicago is happy with that.

But, once a little white girl in Lincoln Park is hit by a stray bullet, all hell will break loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies