Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

Christie looking pretty "presidential" himself in this crisis. At the risk of sounding cynical, I think he has his sights on 2016 and an Obama victory would be an advantage obviously. The fact of the matter is Obama is a cool customer in a crisis and makes the right moves whether it is guiding the economy through the banking crisis, the auto bailout or Hurricane Sandy. He deserves re-election and this challenge just puts an exclamation mark on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 AM

490 posts, read 650,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
When it comes to being charitable with others money and redistributing resources there is noone better than Barry Hussein. This is not news...
Thanks for thinking inside the box.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
As many are predicting, Obama's response to the hurricane will help some of those undecideds break for the president

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Praises President Obama for Sandy Response - ABC News
Christie is a good polititian .

Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Ponderosa, he doesn't even know the basics about America. What is he doing his job now and we are supposed to fall to his feet? I guess you can't golf in the rain. It's the economy stupid and this is not going to change my vote. Without a healthy economy we could not help anyone except for on more borrowed dollars.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
This hurricane, and any response from Obama, will have zero bearing on the election! To even say/hope so shows a huge level of desperation from the left.

Obama should do his job in this case and make sure the states have what they need. This is no major accomplishment for Obama and should be par for the course for any President during such an event.

I know you lefties are hoping this will erase the economic mess Obama and his regime has made of the economy, along with the criminal mess he is in due to the Benghazi lies....but it WILL NOT! Sorry! BO will be held accountable for his mess and he will be leaving the White House real soon.
ENOUGH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a American disaster affecting American's and i am now sick to death of this pathetic partisan B/S during a time when we should ALL be coming together for AMERICAN'S.
President Obama has handled this properly and exactly how we would want ANY President to act.
My thoughts are with the millions on our East Coast killed or affected by this TRAGEDY... this should be our Number ONE concern.... NOT what party the President represents.
Jesus is there NO SANITY any more here?

Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Gov. Christie praises Obama response to Hurricane Sandy as Outstanding

Christie, a prominent surrogate for GOP candidate Mitt Romney, said Obama had moved quickly to help designate his state a disaster area to better expedite federal assistance.
“The federal government’s response has been great. I was on the phone at midnight again last night with the president, personally, he has expedited the designation of New Jersey as a major disaster area,” said Christie, in an interview with NBC’s “Today.”

“Last night, I was on the phone with FEMA at 2 a.m. this morning to answer the questions they needed answered to get that designation and the president has been outstanding in this. The folks at FEMA, [Administrator] Craig Fugate and his folks have been excellent,” he continued.

In a separate interview with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Christie added to the praise, saying that “the president has been all over this and deserves great credit.”
“He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything,” he added.
Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy (D) on the Today show thanked Obama and said the president had done a "magnificent job." Malloy also praised FEMA, saying the agency had done "amazing early work to get us ready."
Put away the band and fanfare for a day, and tune into faux news and see what they say.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Was Obama driving the food and water relief trucks?

Obama planned on letting our various federal agencies attend to the storm and he had planned to be attending a campaign event in Florida on Monday, he even flew into Florida Sunday night.

I don't know what people expect the president to do in times like these, he is pretty much irrelevant, because everyone involved knows their job and carries out their duties without guidance from the president.
The President runs the Executive branch. He essentially hires all these people when elected.

The previous President hired a horse show director to run FEMA. And we saw the FEMA response to Katrina. It was pathetic. Bush hired people with political payback in mind.

And now we see the FEMA response to Sandy. It's being praised by Republicans. Obama hired with competence in mind.

Elections have consequences.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
FEMA assistance cannot be had unless requested by the governor of a state.

This is why during Katrina it took so long for help. Their governor said "it's ok, we got this".

Kudos to Christie for his listening to the forecasters and getting assistance before it was needed.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
ENOUGH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a American disaster affecting American's and i am now sick to death of this pathetic partisan B/S during a time when we should ALL be coming together for AMERICAN'S.
President Obama has handled this properly and exactly how we would want ANY President to act.
My thoughts are with the millions on our East Coast killed or affected by this TRAGEDY... this should be our Number ONE concern.... NOT what party the President represents.
Jesus is there NO SANITY any more here?
And that is exactly what I WAS POINTING OUT!!!!!!!!! The OP said this devastating event was going to get Obama re-elected. I pointed out that is not the case.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POSTS, DONT READ THEM AND DON'T RESPOND!!!!!!!!! BUT ALL CAPS AND !!!! ARE RUDE!!! DON'T YA THINK?

Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Too bad Obama did not display the same interest or concern for those Americans that were under attack in Libya.
Hmm, monday I've got friday on my mind, change lyrics to, monday I've got Libya on my mind. How may thread topics do you change in a day, diversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
When it comes to being charitable with others money and redistributing resources there is noone better than Barry Hussein. This is not news...
Change topic please.
OH, you already did.
NEVERMIND.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies