Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times

Advertisements

[quote=Neuling;26784415]Because every human being is part of society, and since stoned people leave their homes, they interact with society. Since there are dangers in life, I do not want to have to do with people whose minds are lost in some illusion. Not to mention health care and other costs, and the crime every drug consumer automatically supports by creating demand. After all, who plants their own drugs these days?[/quote)

Most cops love the drug war. If all drugs were legal, crime would drop dramatically.

Cannabis does not increase medical costs, it's totally non-toxic. A handful of new users not knowing what to expect, could have panic attacks & maybe seek medical attention. But most of hospital visits are for damage from alcohol &/or tobacco. MJ users have less sick days than those that use alcohol & tobacco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Not surprised to see chocolate on there!

How about ice cream? That is a happy food for me.

Chocolate is a drug or at least contains a drug (caffeine). 2000 MG of caffeine is fatal.

In India, I don't know if they still do this, but heard they sometimes had "marijuana" ice cream.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Throwing people in prison for drugs is not working to curb drug sales and drug use. In fact, some people have tried to smuggle drugs into the prisons, and it has worked before.

10 Unbelievable Prison Smuggling Stories - Oddee.com (prison stories)

Putting people in prison for drug use won't curb demand for drugs. First question to ask is this: How do we reduce demand for drugs? As long as illegal drugs are in demand, people will find ways to get them, even at the risk of prison or death.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
It's a risk they take. If they are breaking a law, yes, they should be fined or jailed.

A better question would be, why are they consuming a mind-altering substance in the first place? Isn't reality good enough for them?

Not everyone has as pleasant a reality as you seem to have.

Mind-altering drugs would also include nicotine, alcohol, caffeine.

What % of Americans are using Big Pharma's mind-altering pills?

Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson was paragliding when a wing got stuck in a tree and he fell about 50' & almost died. He had broken bones in back, rib, leg. He could have had an operation that might have left him messed up for good. Or he could have used highly addictive opiates. Instead, he chose to illicitly use cannabis 3 years for managing pain. If you had his injuries, what would you've used?

Gary Johnson has a strict diet & says his best decision was to quit drinking 22 years ago. He is a super athlete, doing triathlons: swim 2.4 mi, run 26.2 mi, bicycle 112 mi. Obviously not a druggie. He just realizes govt lies about MJ & people should get their Constitutional rights back. Best wishes.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Chocolate is a drug or at least contains a drug (caffeine). 2000 MG of caffeine is fatal.

In India, I don't know if they still do this, but heard they sometimes had "marijuana" ice cream.
You are thinking of Bhang.

It's a drink made from marijuana and I think you can make ice cream out of it as well, but to my knowledge it is rare.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Why is that of any concern to you, or anyone else?
I am concerned about society in general.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:

I can't get arrested by being under the influence of chocolate. Your comparison is not valid.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Not everyone has as pleasant a reality as you seem to have.

Mind-altering drugs would also include nicotine, alcohol, caffeine.

What % of Americans are using Big Pharma's mind-altering pills?

Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson was paragliding when a wing got stuck in a tree and he fell about 50' & almost died. He had broken bones in back, rib, leg. He could have had an operation that might have left him messed up for good. Or he could have used highly addictive opiates. Instead, he chose to illicitly use cannabis 3 years for managing pain. If you had his injuries, what would you've used?

Gary Johnson has a strict diet & says his best decision was to quit drinking 22 years ago. He is a super athlete, doing triathlons: swim 2.4 mi, run 26.2 mi, bicycle 112 mi. Obviously not a druggie. He just realizes govt lies about MJ & people should get their Constitutional rights back. Best wishes.
Again, I can't be arrested for consuming or being under the influence of nicotine or caffeine. No comparison.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:44 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
It's a risk they take. If they are breaking a law, yes, they should be fined or jailed.

A better question would be, why are they consuming a mind-altering substance in the first place? Isn't reality good enough for them?
Why do you feel the need to stomp on the freedoms of others?

Old 11-04-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Why do you feel the need to stomp on the freedoms of others?
I don't. And I've explained it many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies