Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 08:21 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times

Advertisements

According to the liberals,Bush is still president and Hilary Clinton is going into her second term. Who is this Barack Obama of whom you speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Re-read your post.
re reading my post isnt going to help me understand what you are meaning. How about you just say it in plain words ?

Old 12-25-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
According to the liberals,Bush is still president and Hilary Clinton is going into her second term. Who is this Barack Obama of whom you speak?
Actually, Conservatives are the ones claiming Bush and Obama are one in the same, not Liberals.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The recession started in December of 2007. Your entire argument hinges on legislation passed from January of 2007 up until December, do you mind pointing it out ?
President Bush had been warning Congress of the housing bubble burst caused by the aggressive enforcement of the Community Reinvestment Act, which was signed by President Carter, and was truly placed into effect under the Clinton Administration.

The CRA forced banks and lenders to give mortgages to people who could not afford them.

Hence, the mortgages defaulted and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could not absorb the bad debt.

President Bush warned the Democratic Congress of the imminent collapse, and they did nothing.

The Democrats caused the economic recession of 2008 through both their interference with the housing market and their inaction to stop the recession.

They are to blame.

These are facts, knowable to anyone who bothers to learn the truth, rather than rely on propaganda spewed by MSNBC.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
re reading my post isnt going to help me understand what you are meaning. How about you just say it in plain words ?
How about Harrier quoting your post - which he already DID - but you are apparently too drunk to notice.

Quote:
Not a single thing you typed is a broken promise, only your owe warped Republican attack on a Democratic President, which makes no sense because you are attacking him form the left.

He ever promised no lobbyiest in the white house, he said they wouldnt run his white house, there is indeed a different one that has been pointed out to your before, even in your own links you provided as proof.

The only way you can say he broke the 5 days online pledge is if you claim he meant it as posting it one white House.gov, which he didnt.

And he also never mad the claim that businesses would not give out bonuses to their employees, the only way he could promise that is if he took over private businesses which is against everything you believe in.
Harrier found even more typos the second time around.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
President Bush had been warning Congress of the housing bubble burst caused by the aggressive enforcement of the Community Reinvestment Act, which was signed by President Carter, and was truly placed into effect under the Clinton Administration.

The CRA forced banks and lenders to give mortgages to people who could not afford them.

Hence, the mortgages defaulted and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could not absorb the bad debt.

President Bush warned the Democratic Congress of the looming collapse, and they did nothing.

The Democrats caused the economic recession of 2008 through both their interference with the housing market and their inaction to stop the recession.

They are to blame.

These are facts, knowable to anyone who bothers to learn the truth, rather than rely on propaganda spewed by MSNBC.
Problems with your argument

1. This act was passed in 1977 by a vote of 79 to 7 in the senate and 369 to 20 in the House. That is the definition of bipartisan

2. President Clinton only had 2 years of a Democratic Congress, the other 6 years were Republican controlled, So what is your argument as to them adding to the problem rather than fixing it.

3. President Bush had 6 Years of Republican control of congress to change these things did he not ?

Are you claiming it did not matter the first 6 years of his Presidency ?

4. You did not answer my question, name the specific part of the law and when it was passed, you made a vague argument taking place over 4 decades with no specifics.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
How about Harrier quoting your post - which he already DID - but you are apparently too drunk to notice.

Harrier found even more typos the second time around.
Ahh, you are claiming i am drunk because i made typos. Here is a little advice.

1. Rereading my own post would not have told me what you were thinking in your head.

2. I dont drink... at all.

3. None of my post or the typos in them are incoherent, they are typos and just that. The fact that you didnt even notice the typos until after the subject of being drunk was posted means you didnt even truly believe your own comment. It was more then likely a half *****ed joke.

4. not putting an apostrophe on didnt is not a typo, thats a choice, same with white house not being capitalized.

5. Dont make errors yourself if you want to point out someone elses, just saying.

If you want to argue that someone is drunk posting, there are some clear examples of that on other threads.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
The fact that you didnt even notice the typos until after the subject of being drunk was posted means you didnt even truly believe your own comment.
Harrier noticed them as soon as he read your incoherent post.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:48 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
The GW Bush presidency has virtually been erased from the collective American consciousness.
Really? Does that mean we won't hear libs bitching and moaning about Bush every single day ever again? Because from what I've seen liberals certainly haven't forgotten Bush and they're doing everything in their power to make sure that no one else forgets him. Obama they clearly would like to forget, but never Bush.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Harrier noticed them as soon as he read your incoherent post.
It obviously wasnt in coherent or is this like "unprecedented" where you dont understand what the word means ?

my point is, i had been posting for the better half of an hour..or 2, and you had no problem with my typos. You were making a "funny" based on a faulty premise, and i didnt get it, so the time has passed. Let it go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies