Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
We still on this? Abortions IS Birth control.

Don't like it? Don't have one.
Actually it is population control. You are eliminating those who are not wanted now from being a burden on society later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What do her parents have to do with it.
Your sky daddy is for you and you alone.
Keep that garbage away from me. I don't believe it, you have no proof of it, and you sure as heck better not use it to try to control me or my body.

What women choose to do with their bodies is none of your business at any time.

Calm down, don't get your panties in a bunch I support the right for women to get safe abortions and personally I find it presumptuous for men to determine what a woman does what her body. This is regardless of political and religious affilations.

For those of you that are "concerned" that government money is used, well those "fetuses" become children who will suck on the tete of the government until they are 18 and after that they become adults that statistically are more likely to commit vicious crimes against others thus landing them in prison for lengthy sentences or deathrow. Now lets do the math, 200-300 dollar abortion that will affect the woman involved or hundreds or thousand of dollars from the government's dole of care from cradle to grave and possibly a crime taking the life of someone else.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:53 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What do people like you say to this question?

Is it okay to kill her a week earlier, for no other reason then this?
"It's none of your business what any woman does with her body."
98% of all abortions take place before viability. 90% take place before the 12th week of pregnancy. So you can stop with the BS about killing a baby a week before birth - that doesn't legally happen - ever.

Your post? Epic fail!

Old 11-03-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inciteful View Post
Just curious, are you Christian? Because if I am arguing with someone who is not Christian then arguing to protect life is pointless. I do not believe we as humans should have the right to take any life at any stage in the process. Only God should know or control when a life is ended at any stage. You are correct in that at 5 months a baby outside the womb cannot live without help, but God created talented doctors and inventions to do just that, save a life. I am glad doctors do save lives every day, young or old. It saddens me when I see someone have such contempt for protecting life. I do not understand how people can have such contempt for protecting a life as if it is not important. Do you have children? If you do not, maybe someday if you want children you might think differently. Aren't you glad that your mom chose life for you?
Key word in your post is believe. You are free to live your life according to what you believe. I don't judge you or force you to live by my beliefs. It would be nice if you could extend the same courtesy to me.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Key word in your post is believe. You are free to live your life according to what you believe. I don't judge you or force you to live by my beliefs. It would be nice if you could extend the same courtesy to me.
Why do you force innocent human life to be destroyed because of your beliefs?

Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inciteful View Post
When you have intercourse then you run the risk of getting pregnant and should be prepared for a body altering outcome. If you do not want the child, give it up for adoption. Most pregnancies are not some horrible experience that is likely to end in death. It ultimately is between the person and God, but according to the Bible taking death into your owns hands is not your right, and it will cause heartache and suffering. In the end, if your safe abortion makes you feel good about yourself then only you will know how good you feel about it after you die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You want to enslave women and force them to breed against their will.
How do you plan to do that?
You know abortions have been around since people first got pregnant.
Duh.
Prior to Roe v Wade, giving birth and then adoption were the norm for young girls who became pregnant - which was a lot more common than people want to believe.

I know 5 women in their mid 60s who are birth mothers to children who were adopted. It was not easy for any of them to go through life knowing that one of their children was out there. All have said if abortion had been legal, they would have had one. All of their lives were derailed for far longer than 9 months.

No woman should be compelled to complete an unwanted pregnancy. The decision to continue or terminate a pregnancy is no one's business but the woman who is pregnant. Period.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:07 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
Quote:
Prior to Roe v Wade, giving birth and then adoption were the norm for young girls who became pregnant - which was a lot more common than people want to believe.

I know 5 women in their mid 60s who are birth mothers to children who were adopted. It was not easy for any of them to go through life knowing that one of their children was out there. All have said if abortion had been legal, they would have had one. All of their lives were derailed for far longer than 9 months.

No woman should be compelled to complete an unwanted pregnancy. The decision to continue or terminate a pregnancy is no one's business but the woman who is pregnant. Period.
If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant - it is usually easily prevented.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do you force innocent human life to be destroyed because of your beliefs?
An embryo is not a human 'life'. It is a clump of human cells. That's a fact, not a belief. Try again.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:

So it's easy for women to know they had their baby killed as opposed to knowing their baby is alive? If their babies had lived, there's a very good chance they could meet them at some point and have some kind of relationship -- but once someone is dead, it's all over, the only life they ever were to have was destroyed and taken from them.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If a woman doesn't want to become pregnant - it is usually easily prevented.
Not in the 60s - there was no BC except for condoms. The religious right wants to take us back to those 'good ol' days'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies