Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 AM

58,469 posts, read 26,794,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Seriously. I know you all like to pretend that the outrage is anything beyond just politicizing this in hopes that it'll tarnish Obama. Its unlikely. Just give it up. Yes, Americans died. Guess what? They worked in a war torn dangerous country. Its not like they took these jobs without assuming some level of risk.

The east coast is in terrible shape, and most citizens are more concerned about our own country than some GOP attempt to act like there was some massive coverup. You'll all stop caring on November 7th.
Seriously, if you knew the facts you might have different opinion.

We know the lack of coverage from the MSM denies many of what the issue is about.

You try to use Sandy as an excuse for the MSM NOT covering this issue, This has been going on since SEPTEMBER 11, 2012. What was their excise for the past month and a half? It can't be Sandy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 08:26 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,902,943 times
It has been SEVEN WEEKS since this happened and we STILL do NOT know what happened that night.

You're damned right I'm outraged. Anyone who cares about good government and taking care of our people would be too.

Ask yourself this: Did it take seven weeks for the details of the Osama bin Laden raid to get out? No. We had pictures and gloating immediately from the White House. There is a coverup going on here. Unlike Obama's lemmings, I don't like being lied to.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,194,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I want what is bolded as well, but you are looking at the wrong place if you are getting your information from Fox. It is not a news organization. They have very few if any investigative reporters. They farm out all of the news sourcing to right wing sources, blogs etc. This is not a news organization. Look it up. Prove me wrong.
So, why is Fox the only news network that has been on top of this story since day one, and still uncovering evidence? Where is MSNBC, CBS and the rest of the Obama News Services? Three guesses. They are being silenced on this. They have their instructions.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-01-2012 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM

14,295 posts, read 9,631,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Seriously. I know you all like to pretend that the outrage is anything beyond just politicizing this in hopes that it'll tarnish Obama. Its unlikely. Just give it up. Yes, Americans died. Guess what? They worked in a war torn dangerous country. Its not like they took these jobs without assuming some level of risk.

The east coast is in terrible shape, and most citizens are more concerned about our own country than some GOP attempt to act like there was some massive coverup. You'll all stop caring on November 7th.
This is deeper then politics. We do have people who volunteer to go to a "war torn dangerous country" and they go into harms way with the knowledge that our country has their back. They will no longer be safe if our policy is to abandon them. If we won't send in help to save a US ambassador, then any US tourist may as well have a bulls eye on their backs.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,194,290 times
Default Knew this would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Pot, meet kettle...

Exhibit A:

Yes, you have the right to be outraged - but what's the point of comparing it to a hurricane in our country and happening now? Oh yeah, there is no point other than to badmouth the POTUS.
Yep. The left is trying to use the storm to distract from Benghazi. But the storm damage will be repaired, and life will return to normal, though it may take some time.

The damage Obama has done to the US, and to the security and stability of the Middle East will take decades to repair, if it can be.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I can agree with your overall assessment; especially involving the media. As I said the Benghazi situation is a tragedy that will be addressed, but how necessarily? I can agree that his response to that attack hasn't been very efficient or enough for the American people but we will never know of much intelligence Obama or any President may ever have on any situation. Unfortunately none of us are Washington insiders, we may know a little more than the average man but far less than the President does. Do you expect him to reveal everything to the American people about the attack, reveal the briefings, his phone calls to the Pentagon, CIA, etc. or any surveillance that may have been recorded during the situation? Hopefully not, it's still a on-going investigation that will need time to be properly addressed. He can't blame Al-Queda for every terrorist attack that happens, it could always be another extremist group so let him gather as much intelligence as possible, see what him and other nations can do to prevent this situation from getting any worse and hopefully prevent anything of this magnitude won't happen again soon. My suggestion would be to add troops to any of our embassies that are in dangerous zones but in politics it doesn't work that way, it's a long, ongoing process to put troops in any foreign land (typically). So just suggest what he could do, please, in fact email it to him to help out.

And honestly, I'm a tough critic on anyone if they deserve the criticism. I'm not completely for Obama, I actually have said frequently on this site I liked Bush his first term, and even supported Obama, Romney, and Gary Johnson through donations. So I play the field equally, in fact today I even backed Romney up on this site when other democrats & liberals were saying he shouldn't have told about his Redcross donation. I'd criticize Bush just as I'd criticize Obama, if he deserves to be backed up, then I'll back him up.
I appreciate your opinion and respect it.

My opinion is based on what this admin has actually done in the past.

The FT. Hood shooting. Why hasn't the Obama admin called it an act of violence? Why has it taken so long to bring him to justice.

Fast and furious. Why would Obama grant executive privilege if Holder and Obama weren't involved? There are still many question on this issue.

Benghazi. There are many unanswered questions.

I DON'T think Obama is any different then most politicians in trying to delay info as much as possible. Their hope is is stall long enough that the people will grow weary and get tired of an issue until another issue comes up to take the atte4ntion away.

Look at Clinton and Monica. Until the blue dress was discovered, what was the coverage.

It is a act the the MSM has been almost non-existant on Fast and Furious AND BENGHAZI.

If the MSM doesn't talk about it, most people don't know it even exists. All one has to do is look at the LACK of coverage on these 2 issues.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The right is definitely playing up this Benghazi tragedy,as i've been out of the country for some time and not up on some of the news, how is the President culpable in this incident? KUchief25 how would you have handled the situation? The only news i've got is thousands of protesters stormed the embassy killing the Ambassador and his marine body guards.
"The only news i've got is thousands of protesters stormed the embassy killing the Ambassador and his marine body guards"

Which is EXACTLY THE POINT, because that IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,903,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, why is Fox the only news network that has been on top of this story since day one, and still uncovering evidence? Where is MSNBC, CBS and the rest of the Obama News Services? Three guesses. They are being silenced on this. They have their instructions.
Because there is nothing to report. You are comparing Fox against legitimate News Organization. Fox is not a news organization. It is Tabloid TV. News Organizations have journalistic standards which involve having verifiable sources and making sure that the news is accurate. Fox does not have investigative reporters like News Organizations they just farm all of their sourcing out to blogs, right wing periodicals etc. nor do they have any journalistic standards.

CNN has reported on Benghazi, but there focus is on who did it and capturing the terrorists. See the difference.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...ibyan-capital/

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-01-2012 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,163,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You liberals didn't try to act like Bush's missteps in Iraq was "no big deal." Learn to accept criticism against your Messiah when its warranted like the situation in Benghazi. You are right that this isn't going to tarnish Obama because the mainstream media will not let that happen and most Americans are so drunk on the Obama kool-aid they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to anything he might do wrong. Those who do care though have the right to be outraged about this.
Compare the death rate and the costs of Iraq vs Benghazi and your argument fails to impress anyone.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,007,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"The evidence now shows that Obama was aware of the attack within 55 minutes of the start. It lasted for six or seven hours, and Obama consistently countermanded standing orders to protect Americans under attack in the Africom command area. General Ham has now been fired for following standard U.S. policy to defend American personnel. He took an honorable stand and was fired.

Read more: Articles: Benghazi Reveals Obama-Islamist Alliance
So what this quote seems to be alluding is that not only did Obama do nothing once notified of the attack that he also forbade others to do anything to help the embassy personnel presumably because by the read more title he is in some way complicit in some islamist alliance, part of the muslim brotherhood i suppose?

Do i have the essence of what all this talk of Benghazi is about?..

A few other questions i'll toss out.
What is it that Obama could have done when he first heard of the embassy being under attack,?
Where is the nearest American military contingent in the area and what does it comprise of?.

Last edited by jambo101; 11-01-2012 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies