Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:07 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Ok and?

Again you are caught up in meaningless semantics. Yes, the government writes the tax laws, yes the government is choosing to subsidize homeowners. That's what I have been saying.

So why are you wasting time saying the same thing I am saying but using these terms like the government is choosing not to tax transaction income nonsense. LOL

Yes, supplementing homeowners with government money form other taxpayers who don't claim the mortgage deduction is the way it works.

Again, if the government said all homeowners will be mailed a check for $2000 for being homeowners would ANYONE not understand that the government was favoring homeowners over non homeowners and spending money on homeowners by taxing non homeowners

This is what the mortgage deduction and all deductions and tax credits do. It is the government stealth spending on certain populations who do certain things and taxing everyone else who doesn't claim those deductions or credits.

Now this is a simplistic as I can make it for you. Stop wasting your time in semantics using different words to describe the same thing I am saying doesn't change anything.
It's not meaningless semantics. You simply misunderstand the system. You might have a point if the government said, we're going to take in x dollars this year and if there was a shortfall due to the mortgage interest deduction they came to those without the deduction to make up the difference, but that's not what happens.

I'm not using the analogy to suggest that taxes are theft or illegal or anything of the sort, but the exchange of money to generate one organization's income in exchange for a service is somewhat of a comparison, so I'll use. Let's say that I own a garage in a big city and an organized crime group comes to me and says they want 20% of my income for protection and they will make sure I don't get robbed, have windows busted etc. One day, they find out that I have a sick child and they agree to let me keep an extra $100 per month to pay for my child's medicine. They certainly didn't give me any money and they didn't take it from the bakery down the street to donate it to me. They chose to let me keep $100 of my money because they want to make it easier for me to care for my child. They would be making others pay for it if they went to every business on the street and told them they now had to pay 22% to make up for it, but the base rate of 20% remains only I get to not turnover that amount being used to care for my child. Also, that money is not the crime family's money. They only money they have is what they take from me and others. That is them allowing me to keep my money, not giving it to me.

You seem to misunderstand the system and the concept of private property. Money is not the government's until it's payed to them. While you think it's semantics, it's one of the core principals of this nation's founding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies