Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shall the US ban militant religious groups/atheism?
YES, BAN 11 12.50%
NO 77 87.50%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:48 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Besides McVeigh self-identifying as a Christian, what makes you think he was a Christian?

Where did he attend church?

Was he in the choir?

How were his actions Christ-like (Christian)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You have to be in a choir to be a Christian??.

Most idiotic thing I've read all day

I agree.

Your rhetorical question is idiotic.

Glad I don't own it.

I asked four questions and you answered exactly none of them.

Care to take another stab at it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 11:59 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Looks like my assumption was correct, then.

As for the rest of that, I can't be bothered to look it up. I already was proven right, so why waste any more time? McVeigh was a terrorist who happened to be Christian. Plain and simple.

Is it that hard to grasp that people of a certain religion do not always turn out to be terrorists?

Are you sitting there expecting me to believe that the entire Muslim populace of Minnesota are terrorists just because they're Muslim? Really?

Man, your mind has been warped worse than I thought.

So you really don't know what McVeigh's religious affiliation was or if he was anything except a mass murderer who claimed to be a Christian, yet you continue to say he was a Christian and refuse to even research your own hateful claims?

Seriously, whose mind is warped?

FTR, if you can't debate what I actually posted, ad libbing on my behalf won't help.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
I agree.

Your rhetorical question is idiotic.

Glad I don't own it.

I asked four questions and you answered exactly none of them.

Care to take another stab at it?
What does singing in a choir have to do with being a Christian?

Did Osama Bin Laden sing? I guess that means he wasn't a terrorist.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:12 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Muslims and Orthodox Jews should be banned
Christians should be banned.

Now that the irony is out of the way, why do you feel that way?

Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
So you really don't know what McVeigh's religious affiliation was or if he was anything except a mass murderer who claimed to be a Christian, yet you continue to say he was a Christian and refuse to even research your own hateful claims?
I didn't know he was a Christian because I couldn't careless about McVeigh even if I tried. He doesn't interest me and he was an evil American who took American lives. That's a terrorist, by definition. I had only assumed he was Christian once, ONCE. I didn't say it again other than that ONE time, learn to read.

My claims are not hateful whatsoever. You just admitted that he was Christian, thus proving my assumption right. If my claims being factual and truthful means they're hateful to you, then I really fear for what you consider hateful.

Quote:
Seriously, whose mind is warped?
Yours for thinking all Muslims are terrorists and putting imaginary dots where there aren't any whatsoever.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Parts of certain religions, are already unlawful if carried out in the USA.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
I didn't know he was a Christian because I couldn't careless about McVeigh even if I tried. He doesn't interest me and he was an evil American who took American lives. That's a terrorist, by definition. I had only assumed he was Christian once, ONCE. I didn't say it again other than that ONE time, learn to read.
McVeigh, though raised Catholic, basically rejected religion later in life and professed in a letter to be agnostic just before his execution.
Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still waiting for your modern-day examples of Christian terrorists/ those who murder explicitly in the name of Christ.
Curious as to your opinion on the role of religion in the Boston bombings too.

For the record, I don't think religion should be banned of course. I just think you're ill-informed in some respects.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 AM

185 posts, read 193,246 times
Quote:
Christians should be banned.

Now that the irony is out of the way, why do you feel that way?
Christians make up 80% of the US population and is increasing dramatically also due to Immigration of Hispanics. So failed....

Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMai View Post
Should Orthodox Judaism, Fundamentalist Christians, Muslims, and militant atheists be banned in USA??

No, we're the USA, not Iran. We have a thing called the Constitution.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Christians make up 80% of the US population and is increasing dramatically also due to Immigration of Hispanics. So failed....
Well yeah, you did fail. Did you not catch the irony of my statement? At how stupid it sounded? It was in direct response to the statement of Muslims and Jews being banned.

You're the one who failed, miserably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies