U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM

2,546 posts, read 918,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Would you say when stopping someone's heart violently and against their will is murder?
Do you consider soldiers murderers??
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 PM

8,739 posts, read 6,660,561 times
Quote:
Would you say when stopping someone's heart violently and against their will is murder?
If so then why do you agree with abortion? Its stops a beating heart.
You are quite obviously in severe need of reading this article, so you can find out why your viewpoints against abortion are so morally wrong and backward. May God help you see the light:

How I Lost Faith in the “Pro-Life” Movement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:37 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,143,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Do you consider soldiers murderers??
Yes or No - considering which "side" you are on. Killing those that are trying to kill you (army v. army or police v. armed criminal) is a lot different that what the OP is talking about. Is "mercy killing" - killing an old person who is very sick - murder? I think it is.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Murder stops a beating heart...abortion does the same thing...NO ONE in their right mind can deny this.
Then what is it you really want? Do you demand a law be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth or else face severe punishment, such as sterilization?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 PM

20,176 posts, read 11,293,142 times
Quote:

If so then why do you agree with abortion? Its stops a beating heart.
No. The circumstances of the event define murder.
If a man is trying to rape my disabled child and I put a 45 acp in the back of his head that is not murder.
If a man is doing no harm and I simply decide that I need to kill someone that is murder.

Abortion? If god doesn't like it, then mommy will answer for it when the time comes.
If I don't like it? Then I won't have it done.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Murder is not stopping a beating heart. If you kill someone in self-defense it is not murder, even though you have stopped a beating heart. If you kill someone as a soldier during a war, you are stopping a beating heart, yet it is not murder. Murder is only the unlawful taking of another human life. Since abortion is legal, it is not murder. Anyone who cannot grasp that very simple concept is mentally defective.
Thank goodness, people truly do have some good sense about this issue.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what is it you really want? Do you demand a law be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth or else face severe punishment, such as sterilization?
at what point in pregnancy does the heart start beating??? At what point in pregnancy is the baby viable? Tough questions folks.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Yes or No - considering which "side" you are on. Killing those that are trying to kill you (army v. army or police v. armed criminal) is a lot different that what the OP is talking about. Is "mercy killing" - killing an old person who is very sick - murder? I think it is.
The OP said stopping a beating heart is murder. Isn't that what soldiers are trained for? Or are they trained to ball room dance?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
The OP said stopping a beating heart is murder. Isn't that what soldiers are trained for? Or are they trained to ball room dance?
Are soldiers trained to kill pregnant women and the babies inside them with beating hearts? or are they trained to kill enemy combatants??

Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Are soldiers trained to kill pregnant women and the babies inside them with beating hearts? or are they trained to kill enemy combatants??
Changing the premise of the original question. The OP stated that stopping a beating heart equals murder. Soldiers are trained to kill, that is their main objective. You don't win wars without killing people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies