Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because there was some emotional lady saying "where is President Obama!!, we don't have cars, we're freezing!!"

You and your family need to walk somewhere to find help if you need it. Just sitting there waiting isn't a good idea at this point.

Again, no one is going to freeze because it's 40 degrees at night unless they're wearing a wife beater. This is New York, everybody has a winter coat.
They have buses running again as well.

All I know is I had no power last night and managed to sleep perfectly find with PJ's and a blanket. It's not even close to cold yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 AM

6,513 posts, read 7,529,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was watching CNN tonight and they talked to people at Staten island. It seems these people are not being helped yet.

http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
I saw that clip, too. When they interviewed the FEMA director, he was uneasy describing why some places got help first.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
I'm reading the NY Daily News blogs and one woman interviewed said the city had 3 days to get everything back to working conditions and she was very upset that it wasn't all done.

Some of these people really have no clue.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,577,391 times
Yesterday, I was passing by my tv and saw some woman hysterically screaming about having no food and water. I don't remember where she was exactly but I thought it was a bit over dramatic on her part. I wonder if she got some help yet?

Old 11-02-2012, 09:33 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,996,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Yesterday, I was passing by my tv and saw some woman hysterically screaming about having no food and water. I don't remember where she was exactly but I thought it was a bit over dramatic on her part. I wonder if she got some help yet?
That's the woman in Staten Island. She doesn't want to have to walk a few blocks to get help, and she's going to freeze to death because it's 40 degrees at night.

Overdramatic, yes.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
OP not only did you post this in the Poltical forum but the elections sub forum. Sorry wrong place for this.
THIS the politics AND OTHER CONTROVERSIES. it is NOT only for politics.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,864,325 times
Starting to make FEMA's handling of Katrina look good.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,734,709 times
Quote:
The temperatures are not "freezing". It is chilly but if you are indoors and have blankets there is no reason anyone should freeze.

CNN was reporting and did a good job. Lawrence O'Donnell also put out a call to help Staten Island.

Scumbag Sean Hannity is the one who polliticized it and called this "Obama's Katrina".

What a lowlife.

Quote:
The situation in Staten Island is bad but the behavior of right wing media d-bags is worse. Hannity was jumping on this last night trying to blame Obama. I thought the guy couldn't become any more despicable but he's managed to accomplish it.

The woman on CNN is not going to to freeze...it's not 20 degrees at night, it's 42. You sleep with a hat and gloves on if you have to, huddled with your family.

If this is still going on a month from now then you have a life threatening situations.

They will be getting more help soon.

So hannity is a scumbag, and the right wing media is douchbags, but you do not want to politicize it? By the way with katrina the state did not allow fed help for 4 days, once they did Fema did a pretty good job cleaning it up. The fact that people were looting and dieing has had nothing to do with FEMA, but if you blame them and the president for one, then why not the other?

Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So do you live in the area?
Yes, I live in the area and it has not been freezing this week....it has been chilly which a blanket and sweaters can take care of.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
Quote:
I'm sure Sean Hannity has $15K natural gas powered generators running his mansion up in Centre Island funded by all his stupid Fox News and talk radio fans.
What's with the envy? He has a job and gets paid. He makes a lot of money. And you can't handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies