Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,821,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The ONLY way American Blacks as a group will earn real respect is when THEY clean up their own "world". It's happening but I'm afraid many of the hard case hoot rats will have to die off 1st "allowing" the smarter and more "git 'er done" Black people to rise up.
I find your values to be quite peculiar; why must a person earn your respect in order for you to cease behaving immorally toward them? Why do others dictate your immorality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 06:47 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
You might be right. Tho I find scary what you just described is something "PWT" would do to Black people, NOT other Blacks.
What is even more ironic is that Black people aren't the only persons I was harassed by for being "smart". I was also harassed and bullied by "PWT" as you describe it.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I want to "act black".

How should I go about doing so?

What does acting black mean They are no different.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:49 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
The ONLY way American Blacks as a group will earn real respect is when THEY clean up their own "world". It's happening but I'm afraid many of the hard case hoot rats will have to die off 1st "allowing" the smarter and more "git 'er done" Black people to rise up.
But why aren't Whites being judged by the "rednecks"? Why should anyone be judged by the lowest denominator within his or her group?

As for "hood rats", this isn't the 1950s. Back in those days, people got married more, so the hood rat element could be taken down much more. Those persons that became "too old" for it, or who "got their girlfriend pregnant" got married and had to get jobs.

Today, the unemployment rates are much higher. Thanks to the industrial demise of the 1970s, jobs are harder to find, especially if you have dropped out of school. Out of wedlock birth rates have been on the rise since the 1970s. The amount of children born to single parents has been on the rise, as well as the among of children born to fatherless households. "Hood rat" culture has become popular, as a form of rebellion. It's in the music, it's in the entertainment. Many people internalize it. In order for "hood rat" culture to die off, unemployment rates must drop, out of wedlock births must drop, marriage rates must rise, jobs must be made. The perpetuation of "hood rat" culture among a segment of the African-American population is more symptomatic of other problems, and before hood rat culture can die off, those problems must be addressed.

Last edited by green_mariner; 11-03-2012 at 07:12 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It seems to me their hair is a bit frizzier and they are usually a bit darker than the average white boy.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
That is what I want to know.

How come people talk about "acting white"?

What do those terms mena - if anything?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is what I want to know.

How come people talk about "acting white"?

What do those terms mena - if anything?

Sorry I have never heard of acting white so I guess I can't help you.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
All of that, and then some (some are still living in pre-civil war era)

The OP is spot on. Divisive people can't be reasoned with. That they don't want to get along, does not mean that others become hypocrites for pointing that out. But I can see why your knickers got twisted in a wad.

So.....you're not "divisive?"

Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,763 times
Quote:
Sorry I have never heard of acting white so I guess I can't help you.
I have. It means to do things like; pay your bills, do homework, get an education.....

Old 11-03-2012, 07:23 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,158,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ahh, yet another loony op-ed from the Daily Fail.
Hmm, chav are you, Sir Max Hastings was editor of the Daily telegraph for ten years.
By normal UK standards he was a conservative, true he is not a person who lives by a book of fairy tales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies