Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People will have to decide what to believe: US Intelligence, or opinon pieces in the Internet.
A few things here

#1 With all we knew about the level of terrorism and security concerns, our people never should have been there in the first place

#2 0bama was clueless about the security concerns, even though he was instrumental in destabilizing the country and altering the fate of the people of that nation

#3 The White House still cannot tell us what the hell happened, before, during or after the attack

#4 all your post tells us is another version of how bravely our people handled themselves, after our government abandoned them, and placed them into an impossible situation

Old 11-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Talk about tit for tat!

Canada, British, and the Red Cross pulled out, and we didn't. THIS IS A FACT

As for this thread:

Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said on television Saturday he has sources claiming President Barack Obama was in White House situation room watching the 9/11 terrorist attack on the United States Consulate in Benghazi, Libya in real time.
Read more at Retired Lt. Col. Says Obama Watched Benghazi Attack In Real Time

and

At a Pentagon news briefing, Panetta said there was no "real-time information" to be able to act on, even though the U.S. military was prepared to do so. "You don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on," Panetta said. "(We) felt we could not put forces at risk in that situation." Panetta said there was no "real-time information" to be able to act on, even though the U.S. military was prepared to do so. "You don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on," Panetta said. "(We) felt we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

Now a week later the events have changed, miraculously.
That was the pathetic Panetta using the fog of war as an excuse to abstain from doing anything. It's like during a building fire, a fire department refuses to pull their engine out of the station because they don't know what started the fire, don't have the blue prints for the building, and don't know what is inside the building. The fog of war is a reality, not an excuse.

Let's see

1) Eye witnesses connected via cell phones

2) telephone calls from within the consulate just as the attack occured

3) Streaming video from security cameras

4) FaceBook posting claiming credit from a terrorist group in Libya, that has been carrying out recent terror attacks in Libya

5) multiple overhead drones, streaming video

6) lased mortar emplacements

Nope, just not as much detailed information as we are accustomed to getting. In every other terror attack or battlefield condition, we usually have the first names and shoe sizes of all the enemy combatants, and a copy of their resume.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A few things here

#1 With all we knew about the level of terrorism and security concerns, our people never should have been there in the first place

#2 0bama was clueless about the security concerns, even though he was instrumental in destabilizing the country and altering the fate of the people of that nation

#3 The White House still cannot tell us what the hell happened, before, during or after the attack

#4 all your post tells us is another version of how bravely our people handled themselves, after our government abandoned them, and placed them into an impossible situation
I think you are not up on current events. You were deceived by Fox. The details are coming and Faux played a number on their viewers.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-benghazi.html

Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Not any that are actually reputable, just the ones you deem to be do.
The cites are in the article. Check it yourself. If you expect me to cite faux news, think again that is who made up all this crap.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Step away from the computer and take a breath it will be o.k. Your anger is misplaced. You have been taken in by con men at Faux News.

I could only wish, but Obama since day 1 has been a failed pres,,, Just one thing after another.

I could say the same about msnbc...... nothing but crockery and witch craft.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I think you are not up on current events. You were deceived by Fox. The details are coming and Faux played a number on their viewers.

I know, you have "unnamed sources" that trump everyone elses.

Besides that, your post does nothing to refute anything I said.

there are like 20 things 0bama failed at, and you have an unnamed source in an article that tries to deflect item number 10, there are still the other 19 or so issues that are unanswered.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
The cites are in the article. Check it yourself. If you expect me to cite faux news, think again that is who made up all this crap.
Yep,...."Faux News" just "made up" the loss of American lives......

Old 11-03-2012, 01:38 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know, you have "unnamed sources" that trump everyone elses.

Besides that, your post does nothing to refute anything I said.

there are like 20 things 0bama failed at, and you have an unnamed source in an article that tries to deflect item number 10, there are still the other 19 or so issues that are unanswered.
I know i do, and he works for the DOD, but the main problem is if he tells me then he has to kill me too.
The last time he leaked it was about bird flu.

These insiders are dangerous people. His wife thought a certain red day pack was mine. They dropped me off and a undisclosed international airport just after x-mass, but there seemed to be so much luggage his wife helped carry it, and i commented on how heavy that red pack looked. She looked at me like i had 2 heads, and told me this was my pack, and I said Oh no it is NOT my pack! I have never seen that red pack before.

Suddenly she was on a radio and talking about sports and having a 'football' I didn't see any foot ball either, and the next thing i knew she was gone, and a bunch of other guys were suddenly interested in my 16 inch steel toe boots!

Now i want nothing to do with any insider sources....

Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
On this we disagree. I do not think that he fully attributed the Benghazi attack on the video at any time. Statements from him, the WH Press Secretary, and Administration officials mostly stated that the matter was still under investigation and they didn't want to speculate (see quotes below) but he obviously refused to rule it out until all of the facts were in, and even the CIA was initially convinced it had played a role.
Ambassador Rice, while drawing conclusions (prematurely, in my opinion), was acting on information she got directly from the CIA, and is the only person I've seen blaming the incident entirely on the video.

I also believe that Obama kept the video as part of the dialogue because the Benghazi attack was not the only incident of violence in the Middle East at the time, and he felt it was important to condemn all of these acts of violence across the board, since many extremist elements were trying to justify these violent acts with the video in question. I know many are in denial about this, but Benghazi wasn't the only violent anti-American incident happening in the region (Cairo, anyone?) though we can all agree that it was the worst.

And again, it was the CIA, not the President that made the initial assessment that it was because of the video...

Jay Carney, the WH Press Secretary was saying this the day after:

This was the day after the incident, but some here are saying that Obama tried to sell us a lie for weeks afterwards. Well, unless "The matter is under investigation" is a lie, you are sadly mistaken.
0bama just let his White House spin the movie for two weeks and never countered them, and even when asked directly if it was a terrorist attack on "The view" he refused to say it was.

Sept 16, Susan Rice was told what to say, and booked by the White House to go on the Sunday shows to say this:

"Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo,” Rice told me this morning on “This Week.”

“We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo,” Rice said. “And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons… And it then evolved from there.”

Old 11-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Yep,...."Faux News" just "made up" the loss of American lives......
And Faux News forced joe Biden to go into the VP debate and say:

RADDATZ: And they wanted more security there.
BIDEN: Well, we weren’t told they wanted more security there.

there you have it, 0bama blew the **** out of Libya, destroyed their military, toppled their government, then walked away and never concerned himself with the fate of the lives of the people left behind, never was concerned enough to pick up the phone and say "Hey Chris, this is the president. I was wondering how things are going in that country I blew up that one time... ummmm...yeah 'Libya'. Anyhow, do you have any safety or security concerns?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies