Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM

112 posts, read 123,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Just out of curiosity, and I'm being dead serious here: Why is what we're calling it more important to some people than what we're doing about it?
What does calling it an "Act of terrorism" accomplish, exactly?
I'm not disagreeing that it is an act of terror at all. I am just wondering why what we're calling it is actually important in the grand scheme of things.
It isn't. What you're seeing is grasping at straws, a mad scramble to inflate blame on something that doesn't really matter.

Have any of the conspiracy theorists explained what exactly the Obama administration would have gained from knowingly incorrectly blaming the video?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
Thats just it....he has not been asked any real questions, avoiding having a press conference where facts are given by the president. President Obama compromised some with airing of the 'we killed bin laden " situation room photos. etc. (like the guy in jail in Pakistan). Why not show us just some of the situation room photos from Libya? Why not say where reinforcements were and if they could be there in time? There is so much he could say without compromising anyone or anything. Instead he leaves everyone to second guess what happened. CIA says something here, military there, state department over yonder....he could straighten all of it out with one simple press conference.
Wow it is amazing how you can be so confident that nobody would be compromised. How do you know that did you hear it on FAux News. When did you become the Intelligence expert for the U.S., the gaul of some people is amazing. The self professed experts because they watch Faux News. The fact is that Faux News was wrong. The consulate was nothing more than a CIA cover. It was a CIA operation. We had operatives there and we still do. You wanted the President to come out and say...hey we were carrying out CIA operations there when we were trying to work with the Libyan Govt.

I don't blame you, but you should blame the source of your news. They have put lives in danger.

U.S. Effort in Beghazi, Libya, Was a CIA Operation | TIME.com

Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 PM

398 posts, read 818,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
It isn't. What you're seeing is grasping at straws, a mad scramble to inflate blame on something that doesn't really matter.

Have any of the conspiracy theorists explained what exactly the Obama administration would have gained from knowingly incorrectly blaming the video?
The president knowingly incorrectly blamed the video as the cover up of the terrorist attack.
Unfortunately for him, it did not work. He gained nothing.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
The president knowingly incorrectly blamed the video as the cover up of the terrorist attack.
Unfortunately for him, it did not work. He gained nothing.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Call it what it is.
No need mincing words.
"What" we call it sometimes determines "what" we do about it.
In this case what do you think we would we be doing about it that we aren't already doing?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Wow it is amazing how you can be so confident that nobody would be compromised. How do you know that did you hear it on FAux News. When did you become the Intelligence expert for the U.S., the gaul of some people is amazing. The self professed experts because they watch Faux News. The fact is that Faux News was wrong. The consulate was nothing more than a CIA cover. It was a CIA operation. We had operatives there and we still do. You wanted the President to come out and say...hey we were carrying out CIA operations there when we were trying to work with the Libyan Govt.

I don't blame you, but you should blame the source of your news. They have put lives in danger.

U.S. Effort in Beghazi, Libya, Was a CIA Operation | TIME.com
You just said it was a CIA operative....why can't the president?
okay, it was a CIA operation. Now I have said it also.
Can the president hold a news conference and say it?
If President Obama would just call the white house press corp and say even that it might help.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
You just said it was a CIA operative....why can't the president?
okay, it was a CIA operation. Now I have said it also.
Can the president hold a news conference and say it?
If President Obama would just call the white house press corp and say even that it might help.
O.K. it is obvious what I am dealing with here. A secret is not a secret if you tell someone. That is how I explain it to my 3 year old.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
In this case what do you think we would we be doing about it that we aren't already doing?
Good question...what are we doing?
Have only heard "it is under investigation".

Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
O.K. it is obvious what I am dealing with here. A secret is not a secret if you tell someone. That is how I explain it to my 3 year old.
How is it a "secret"if you and I both know that it was a CIA operation and now so does the rest of the world. No one said that the president need give any information that might cause risk, but why not hold a press conference to say it was or is a CIA operation (that we already know) and that he can not give any more information at this time. It would be so presidential to call together the white house press corp and make that statement.
I am happy that you give time and explanations to your 3 year old.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
hotair, We are just sick of the excuses. No more excuses. Obama and Hillary are going to have to grow up and be big people. They are the end all in responsibility. One or both of them are in deep kimshee, and this failure should cost them their jobs if not their lives depending on if treason can be proved and I think a DA fool could prove it.

No more god dammed excuses.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies