Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,570,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You're just ridiculous. Try living in the real world for a change.
Come on and cut the guy a little slack. He's from the UP afterall!!! Have you ever been there? The last time I was up there I was in a library and all they had in the reference section was Batman comics and the librairian had her underwear on over her chothing. So, you see as a Yooper he is living in the "Real world".

Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You're just ridiculous. Try living in the real world for a change.

San Francisco is the real world?

I don't want any part of that world.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Come on and cut the guy a little slack. He's from the UP afterall!!! Have you ever been there? The last time I was up there I was in a library and all they had in the reference section was Batman comics and the librairian had her underwear on over her chothing. So, you see as a Yooper he is living in the "Real world".

Q: Who would win in a fight between Celine Dion and Shania Twain?

A: We all would!

Q: What was the original title for "Canadian Idol"?

A: "The Worlds Biggest Hoser"

Q: What is the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?

A: A canoe tips.

Q: What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common?

A: The taste!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,531,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If Obama wins this election ... he will be impeached after the truth is found out about the Benghazi murders he is responsible for. Then he will be ousted from office.

Enter President Joe Biden.

Biden will then nominate Nancy Pelosi for Vice President to be confirmed by Congress. ( because he's stupid )

Why take the chance?
Obama has as much chance at being impeached as Bush did for Iraq. So quit dreaming.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,570,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Q: Who would win in a fight between Celine Dion and Shania Twain?

A: We all would!

Q: What was the original title for "Canadian Idol"?

A: "The Worlds Biggest Hoser"

Q: What is the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?

A: A canoe tips.

Q: What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common?

A: The taste!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Those are very funny Yooperkat but I have to tell ya something. The only place I've ever been that seems exactly the same as the UP is just over the border in Ontario. I could not see any difference at all except the Yoopers have better pasties!!!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Those are very funny Yooperkat but I have to tell ya something. The only place I've ever been that seems exactly the same as the UP is just over the border in Ontario. I could not see any difference at all except the Yoopers have better pasties!!!!!
Ha Ha. Amen about the pasties.

We have some great universities in the U.P. -- Michigan Tech is one of them.

I've been to them and have never ever seen women wearing their underwear on the outside. Maybe some guys who didn't know that their zippers were down. But pretty normal really.

Now try San Francisco. You'll have some naked guy sitting next to you while you're eating a Big Mac.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,986,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I didn't say there was no line of succession. I said it would not apply in the case mentioned by the OP.

The question of US Presidential Sucession was the highlight of a season of the West Wing TV Series. The question addressed was what to do in such a situation were a US President is put under such psychological stress that he can't be trusted with Presidential decision making. In the West Wing case terrorists kidnap the first families daughter and threaten to kill her unless the demands of a foreign state are met by the US.The situation may have been precipitated by the US action which lead to the killing of a high ranking official of that government who was suspected of masterminding an earlier attack against the US. In the West Wing case the VP was not avaliable because he had been forced to resign previously because he had been involved in a scandal. So President Bartlett (a very liberal Yankee Democrat) decided to temporarily hand power over to the Speaker of the US House of Representatives
( a cross between Newt Gingrich and Denny Hastert) just like an incapacitated President might hand power over to the VP in more normal times. West Wing was a great show and even presaged the the election of a minority person to the presidency. In the West Wing case the Presidential race had a Hispanic Democratic Congressman from Texas played by Jimmy Smits (think Obama) vs a Conservative GOP Senator from a Western state played by Alan Alda ( modeled after John McCain). The last year of the West Wing was televised almost a year before Obama announced his candidacy, spooky eh!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,174,717 times
If Obama gets another term in office he will give Joe the boot. I would guess he will appoint Hillary as VP or some other woman.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,471,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
If Obama gets another term in office he will give Joe the boot. I would guess he will appoint Hillary as VP or some other woman.
What possible motivation would he have for doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.