Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
So i'm still trying to figure out what the outrage is. The lesson itself is a valid one regarding elections. I'm sure every kid, if the teachers are doing their job, is having an class election to learn about voting, the 3 branches of government, etc. I remember doing this in school when Bush Sr. won. Seems like the only outrage the OP has is the results. I guess he wants to redistribute the votes! Anyway, I would suggest the OP add what the teachers wrote to even suggest that there's brainwashing going on but to merely complain about the results is asanine.

Besides...they are children. I definitely know I don't hold the same feelings/thoughts/ideas now than when I was 10.
Why is it reviewed by the Teacher? Does someone get to look at your vote choices? Does your boss get to make comments on your votes and "review" them with you? Do you get to hear a one side point of view as my kids got from their Teacher? How convenient right before election. I voted for Obama the first time around but probably won't again. I also won't be telling my kids who I voted for as I've told them not to ask.

We never got our fake votes reviewed in class by anyone, especially how "devastating" it's going to be if we don't vote to continually increase taxes.

My kids get straight A's and if this Teacher gives them a ding based on who they voted for we'll have a problem.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Me sees the nose growing.
'
then its obvious you never went to school

we had mock "elections" every time a prsidential election came around, starting around 1st grade.

The one who always "won" was theo ne that was currently the president (unless it was a president who had already served his two tersm)

Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You are exactly correct. Carnegie, [Henry] Ford, Franklin Roosevelt, and other elite of the era decided that people were starting to get "too smart" and that they would lose their working class if this happened. They implemented a plan to keep a certain percentage of the population stupid for the purposes of providing menial labor. The tragedy of this is that Americans seem to be all to happy to accommodate this plan.

The book by Charlotte Iserbyt is excellent. I have it at home and have read it several times. Highly recommended.

Most of the problem is that Americans are not willing to give up anything or inconvenience themselves in any way in order to learn. If you ask people to turn off their television set they would sooner shoot you. It's pathetic.

20yrsinBranson

Iserbyt's material is also very well sourced and not just an opinion. The tragedy here is that this has been a well coordinated plan, with decades of implementation completed. And it is scientifically based techniques which have been proven to work. For those who have been so brainwashed, they seem altogether helpless to break this psychological programming, and no amount of evidence or rational discussion phases them in the least.

We have other evidence of not only how powerful mind control is, but how easy it seems to be imposed on the unsuspecting. We have documented cases of people that fall under the influence of cults, who literally have to be taken against their will ... and deprogrammed. So, we have a not so insignificant segment of the population that are literally under a form of mass hypnosis .... which explains why so many people believe their backward thinking is perfectly rational.

It's a dreadful situation. It reminds me of the "Body Snatchers" .... where you can run around and warn people to no avail, as they just laugh.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:58 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
'
then its obvious you never went to school

we had mock "elections" every time a prsidential election came around, starting around 1st grade.

The one who always "won" was theo ne that was currently the president (unless it was a president who had already served his two tersm)
Really ... I never went to school ... you're so correct. I was raised in the jungles of Africa by a pride of lions who adopted me after my family was murdered by headhunters, and I was left abandoned.

Or maybe ... just maybe the alternative is true ... that I attended a real school that was not yet converted to an indoctrination center, because in the 1960's is really when much of this restructuring of our public school system really began widespread implementation. You see, these efforts first started in the 1940's at the university level, because in order to brainwash the children, you first have to retrain and brainwash the teachers.

In any case, I didn't experience that level of overt conditioning such as mock elections ... but that doesn't mean that I don't recall the truckload of propaganda that was fed me .... like "duck and cover" ... as if climbing under a wooden desk is going to save me from a Soviet Nuclear strike ... and the lone gunman story of JFK .... and the BS about truth, justice and the American way ... all the while those things were being systematically destroyed.

The difference between you and I is that my ability for independent thinking was not "educated" out of me, and I grew up and discovered the truth that was withheld.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 11-03-2012 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 12:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
It is probably because the kids know and have heard more about Obama.

I am a black person and also did presidential elections in school. I voted for Reagan. I didn't even know that anyone else could be president LOL. I remember when Bush Sr. became president and I thought that was the craziest thing ever since I just thought Reagan's name was "President Reagan." LOL.

FWIW, my son's teacher is very gung ho Obama. She has pictures of him everywhere and went to the inauguration in 09 and just loves him. I mess with her all the time about it and how she is one of the "evil liberal indoctrination teachers" lol. She doesn't really talk about her love of Obama in class but it is pretty evident. Luckily, I know her very well, like we should all know our kid's teachers and I trust her to teach my son in a professional manner. My son did not do a mock vote, he had to watch the debates and write down how the candidates position on specific issues and then had to write what he would campaign on if he were running for president along with questions he would ask of both Obama and Romney. He has been doing this and other critical thinking election/civics lessons topic in class for the last few weeks. He is getting sick of it, but he has been thinking more about government and the role of government, which was the point with this assignment. But our school is more progressive about teaching critical thinking skills versus just being a bastion of liberalism like so many posters here on CD seem to think teachers are about.
I made bold the part I agree with you in.... And this is because Obama never yet stopped campaigning. So yeah everyone knows his name, and it would be hard to find anyone with any gray matter that doesn't. I bet he is better known than George Washington.

The rest of your post is scaring me...

Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
My mother teaches a government class at the school she teaches at she broke her students into 3 groups...for NC Governor. Republican,Democrat,Libertarian...she is fair and lets the kids debate etc...it's fun. I just got her a sign for the Libertarian for Governor to give her students.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am trying to figure out what to post here without insulting you...could not think of anything.
Consider yourself 100% brainwashed then a success to the Democratic Party.

If you want, drop by and i can rubber stamp you with a sheep tattoo.

I am not trying to insult you either. I even know you are trying to do your best, and you are blind to any other points of view.

There are blacks on the other side of the fence you know.. You do know that right? One, a personal friend of mine was all over Obama and a head of a team to get Obama elected the first time.

He is no longer anything or any part of Obama this time. If he posted here i would turn you on to him, but he doesn't.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
so teaching kids about how elections work is considered brainwashing? can someone play the violins

Old 11-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree87 View Post
To the OP, you have every right to be upset as a parent. In my college classes over the last few years professors have a strong opinion about politics. One professor I had HATED Bush..he made that very well known. If you disagreed with him then screw the lesson for the day he's going to debate you until you just give up. He pushed his opinion on people TRYING soooo hard to convince us what the president is really doing to us. So yes when a child listens to a teacher that he or she spends 8 hours with 5 days a week, that teacher has a very very strong hold on that child. That is how it is. Young kids don't know any better. We had a fake election when I was in kindergarten...I even have my ballot saved from that day ( I voted for Clinton...eek!)

On the flip side...As someone said earlier Obama is more familiar to the kids, so the teacher is probably going to be talking about him more than Romney. The kids learn that their President is Obama and by being taught that fact they record that and it comes to mind a lot faster than Romney's name. The importance that I agree with is that she is demonstrating an election. That is a good thing. In my opinion, and Im sure people would disagree which is fine, young adults talk a lot but do not seem to care enough to vote when it comes to elections. A coworker of mine, 21 years old, told me she isn't voting. I ask her why and she said "i don't know, my parents aren't big on politics, I don't know anything about either of the candidates, and I don't care". I think kids should be educated on elections and the process of them. Maybe when they get older they will actually care and participate in elections when it is that time for them to vote.

I think you are on to something.... That is not much other than brain washing is taking place in public schools.

Yesterday i was looking at the NJ shore line on google earth around the area of Atlantic City, and on google earth there are photo icons you can select.

many of these also have a few words stating things about the photos. and many are aimed at kids, and in ugly ways.... One said the kids were rude, and another said the kids were heavy smokers and littered the beach so badly you can't see sand...

Well i bet you can see sand on that beach today, but not on google earth..

The point is it was a shock to see that sort of thing on a mapping program. Public school is not giving anyone any form of education anymore and is just peeking in the bed rooms.

I am growing old and pretty happy about it...

Old 11-03-2012, 01:21 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so teaching kids about how elections work is considered brainwashing? can someone play the violins
Here is some light reading for you. If you can point out where someone gets to review votes after they are caste and then critiqued before they are counted please let us know.

Election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies