Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post
****ing marina owner,,, Ahh yea big campaign doner there,,, she prolly has money falling out of her ass., He never hugs to po folks.
I think he hugs the very rich campaign donors and the poor -- it's the middle class he despises, those evil taxpayers who work hard for a living. He's going to make us pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 02:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Or maybe he really felt bad for the lady...
The woman just lost her entire marina,i'd think she aint feeling that good,a hug from the President was probably welcome, if you'll notice further into the hug he puts the woman face to face with some big shot and the President told him to fix the womans problems..
Hugging and emotion in this context are a lost concept to most righties who only seem to understand the emotion of hate.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:53 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Yeap, it's pathetic what some politicians will do for a photo op, how touching!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is this a pathetic photo-op or what?!?!? Gag a maggot! Barack Obama is wholly, and completely shameless. And the woman? She should be embarrassed to even be seen with the guy, much less let him do the double-arm-wrap-head-on-his-shoulder-pretend-I-give-a-schit-victim-coddle! Liberals are such pawns!!!

Superstorm Sandy: President Barack Obama tours devastation as US begins recovering from hurricane - Birmingham Mail
Granted he'd never get my vote. but this is probably the best thing about Obama. He's very good when he's with the people during disasters. Very personable.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The woman just lost her entire marina,i'd think she aint feeling that good,a hug from the President was probably welcome, if you'll notice further into the hug he puts the woman face to face with some big shot and the President told him to fix the womans problems..
Hugging and emotion in this context are a lost concept to most righties who only seem to understand the emotion of hate.
Yet republicans donate more money to charity even though they earn less than democrats.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:15 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'd be worried about him trying to steal my wallet while hugging me.
What a racist thing to say. Shame on you. Reported as such.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'd be worried about him trying to steal my wallet while hugging me.
Willard won't need your wallet, he'll take your money with your eyes wide open.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 AM

37,799 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I know that Christie's embracing of Obama must have really put you over the edge, so maybe you are just hypersensitive right now.
Yes, hope he likes being governor because if the election goes south for Romney, the big guy is as far as he's going politically.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
One of the things that I actually liked about W. was that he was a hugger. The Washington Post actually called him the "Hugger in Chief."

"Long after his presidency is history, some of the most memorable images of Bush's years in office will involve hugs. Flip through the mental photo album: Bush, standing on that legendary rubble pile on Sept. 14, 2001, one arm vise-clamping a firefighter, the other gripping a bullhorn; Bush, in New Orleans and Mississippi, handing out embraces like the Red Cross hands out relief supplies; Bush, at Virginia Tech, hugging the relatives of 32 murdered students."
Bush the Embracer
Perhaps we should search the archives and count how many times the OP posted about those 'pathetic photo ops' ?

My money's on a big, fat, hypocritical ZERO.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
VERY good observation! A marina owner! That makes this photo-op even more pathetic!
Whining about politicians seeking votes is about as sensible as whining about ducks taking to water, and that applies to both sides of the aisle.

If you're so willing to close your eyes to only one side of that what's truly pathetic here isn't the photo-op.

Last edited by burdell; 11-03-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies