Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times

Advertisements

Sigh...another idiot gets put on ignore list...for some there is no hope...I don't need your "laws" to protect me I can do it myself...bye bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box101 View Post
I hope this is a tongue in cheek post! If not, do some research on the indefinite detention clause in the NDAA. The indefinite detention clause violates the due process clause found within the 5th Amendment (federal criminal trials), 14th Amendment's due process clause (states), 6th Amendment (fair and speedy trial), and habeas corpus. And also look up the back story of how the indefinite detention clause was originally not support by BO because it was deemed to be unconstitutional, quietly signed into legislation by BO on New Year's Eve, then the BO administration said it did not apply to American citizens, when that turned out to be a lie BO said he would never use it against American citizens, then a federal judge stepped in and ruled the indefinite detention clause in the NDAA to be unconstitutional, and then the BO administration hired a team of government lackey attorneys and subsequently a three-panel team of judges to grant a stay on the indefinite detention clause.

Research it, it is all there in front of you. Sounds pretty dictatorish to me. Due process is a legal concept dealing with basic human rights that has been around for centuries, and has now been effectively removed by the indefinite detention clause in the NDAA. Tyranny as big as this would even make Hitler smile.
Doesn't apply to the citizenry of the United States. Guess you forgot to mention that. Believe me I had the same reaction you did at first...until I looked into it and realized that all current residents of the United States aren't affected by it. Just get ALL the facts surrounding the bill then make your claims after getting an objective view of everything.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Everything is illegal in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Too bad crappy Stossel videos aren't.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Well it will be fairly easy to make every US citizen a terrorist...terrorists have no rights...according to the US...Or have you not seen the lists of people the government considers to be potential terrorists? Got more than 7 days worth of food? Own guns? Missing a finger or limb? TERRORIST!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Too bad crappy Stossel videos aren't.
Believe what ya want troll...personally don't care. Be a good subject...Guess the truth hurts statists brains..

Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Sigh...another idiot gets put on ignore list...for some there is no hope...I don't need your "laws" to protect me I can do it myself...bye bye.

so you are just here to troll and not discuss your doom and gloom bs?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 AM

169 posts, read 193,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Doesn't apply to the citizenry of the United States. Guess you forgot to mention that. Believe me I had the same reaction you did at first...until I looked into it and realized that all current residents of the United States aren't affected by it. Just get ALL the facts surrounding the bill then make your claims after getting an objective view of everything.

It does. This has been debated before. You are incorrect.

U.S. Appeals Order Blocking U.S. Military Detention Law - Bloomberg

"The plaintiffs contend that Section 1021(b)(2) of the law allows for detention of citizens and permanent residents taken into custody in the U.S. on “suspicion of providing substantial support” to groups engaged in hostilities against the U.S. such as al-Qaeda and the Taliban"

A federal judge ruled the clause to be unconstitutional.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
I'll keep buying lemonade from kids. But I do ask if they washed the lemons first.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Believe what ya want troll...personally don't care. Be a good subject...Guess the truth hurts statists brains..
Swallow as much of Stossel's BS as your cravings allow.

Bon apetit, kid!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
I can't believe there are still some nanny states where people can't buy liquor on Sundays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies