Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
YOU got pie? What a lucky person you are..wish I could go get some pie---and some ice cream...let them talk about shaving their boy friends backs...lets eat....hey - is that a hair in my pie?
Or is it hair pie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I like hair pie.

Also a big fan of Tacos!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Because they can be. A woman who has anything close to decent looks can get laid at just about any place and time. They are selective because that's just how it works. Yes, it is like that in all parts of the world.
It's not like that in all parts of the world.

Women are the pickiest in western society.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 PM

9 posts, read 68,506 times
I'm a liberal woman. I'm married, but if I was single, I would certainly date outside of my race, culture, religion, etc. As far as shaving is concerned, I do it, but I do it mostly for myself rather than for my husband (he actually *likes* it when there is stubble on my legs, go figure). I like what might amount to 'stereotypically' feminine preoccupations: Shaving, make-up, dressing up, heels --but only because I feel it truly expresses who I am. I'm not a tomboy, and never have been. I'm girly, and I'm willing to put the time in to do all of that; yes, it can be annoying and take awhile, but I just feel better about myself when I'm finished. I would still do all of these things, even if I was single.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM

365 posts, read 644,732 times

Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
You're a funny little one, aren't ya?

This doesn't work on taken women.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:46 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And that's why the feminist movement took off, because women were the more conservative ones

Honestly Trimac, this time you're really talking out of a hole in your butt.

Just because some women, where you live in Australia, don't want to date you, does not make all women conservative.

And since when did you know the 'heart' of any us here? You have no idea how most of us think about any issues.

And your last statement really irks me. Men have been holding women down for millions of years, through all kinds of power and control. In more traditional societies this is still happening. And you have the nerve to use that to somehow boost your argument?

I though you were a bit smarter than this, obviously you are just another bitter little boy at heart.
Nothing to do with bitterness, it's what I perceive. It's partly subjective, but isn't everyone's perception? I didn't say all women were conservative in the political sense you understand, but they are innately conservative and swayed by the status quo to a great extent. The leg-shaving thing shows that most women are still traditionalists.

The classic feminist rhetoric that men were the only thing holding women down, I'm sure you can spout that in your sleep. I'm no fan of patriarchy, but it's more complex than that. Not every women wants to rise up from being a housewife/mother.etc. Women as much as men kept this traditional order. If you blame someone blame Mother Nature...if women really wanted to rise up earlier, they could have. Many societies were not so repressively male-dominated either, and lets not act like men had it so great. You wanna try going to war and getting hacked into little pieces? Life wasn't great for either, men or women.

It's obvious most here are too defensive to even open their eyes to what I'm saying. Few people are insightful enough to discuss things. Maybe my pronouncements aren't totally correct, but I definitely do think there's a lot of truth in what I'm saying.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
It's a losing battle Trimac20.

You're basically arguing with feminist minded women Moderator cut: snip .

You would have a better chance of making a full court shot blind folded.

Before feminism came into existence, women WERE ALLOWED to own their own businesses but many made staying at home the priority.

Both men and women were held in traditional gender roles, not only women.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-07-2012 at 08:35 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
It's a losing battle Trimac20.

You're basically arguing with feminist minded women Moderator cut: snip

You would have a better chance of making a full court shot blind folded.

Before feminism came into existence, women WERE ALLOWED to own their own businesses but many made staying at home the priority.

Both men and women were held in traditional gender roles, not only women.
For sure, it's not like life for men was so great either. I once told a feminist at least women didn't usually go to war and she 'pooh poohed' the idea (lol I still think that's a silly phrase but it fits) and went on another blinding rant. I'm not one of those men who complain a lot about feminists, I don't want to go back to the 1950s, I think gender roles were restrictive for BOTH, and there were disadvantages for both men and women.

But my main point is, it's more complicated than one is the victim and one the oppressor. We're getting a bit off-topic though. I was just pointing that for many of these liberated women who think they're so progressive just fall in with what's popular. If being pro-choice is popular they'll be pro-choice because they'll be ostracized for not being pro-choice. Opinion becomes principle/fact. Self-labelled 'feminists' have their own set of dogmas, no different to the Roman Catholic church. Anyone who disagrees with any of these articles of the faith, such as abortion, is automatically labelled and demonized as a heretic or the enemy.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-07-2012 at 08:36 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM

708 posts, read 878,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Also, women in general care substantialy more about what others think of them and their choices than men do. If their girlfreinds or their family members show they are displeased with their choice in a man, she is likely to stop dating him period.
I disagree with this. Men care what their friends think. Men who are close to their families, especially their mothers, absolutely care what their family thinks about their potential mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies