Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:47 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times

Advertisements

Load of nonsense.

The force of the storm suggests the hand of Thor who is probably angry at everyone forsaking Odin for the god of the bible.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM

781 posts, read 1,196,427 times
Mr. Cuomo said, "The comments made by Rabbi Noson Leiter that sought to link the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy to our state's embrace of marriage equality are as offensive as they are ignorant. This catastrophic storm claimed the lives of more than forty New Yorkers. This kind of hateful rhetoric has no place in our public discourse, and is particularly distasteful in times of tragedy. Our state is proud to offer equal rights to all our citizens, and we will never tolerate the use of a tragedy like Hurricane Sandy to promote a divisive and bigoted agenda. I call on Rabbi Leiter to apologize immediately for his hurtful comments."

Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,231 times
All I have to say is "Wooly Worm Festival". Yup, them little hairy caterpillars decide Presidential elections, weather, blight, legalization of Gay marriage AND legalization of Marijuana.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Well the Muslim clerics are saying it's punishment for the Mohammed-bashing.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my life.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 PM

781 posts, read 1,196,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Why is it that so many people say they believe in a Bible which has God judging people with plagues, disasters, etc. And they have no trouble believing that. But, then if anyone suggests, like this rabbi has done, that perhaps a storm might just be God trying to get our attention, and turn us back to Him, they say he's crazy?

If God did that kind of thing in Bible days, what would prevent Him from doing it in modern times?
What did the folks in Joplin and New Orleans do to warrant their suffering?

I mean, really.

Whether your 'God', higher being, whoever 'is trying to get your attention' -- keep it to yourself. Not everyone ascribes to your beliefs in the first place. Further, making light of the destruction and death due to Sandy, not even week post-the event, for whatever reason, is absolutely vile and disgusting.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I wish I could say that. I read similar stuff from a certain group of conservative posters on here several times a day.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM

489 posts, read 621,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
What did the folks in Joplin and New Orleans do to warrant their suffering?

I mean, really.

Whether your 'God', higher being, whoever 'is trying to get your attention' -- keep it to yourself. Not everyone ascribes to your beliefs in the first place. Further, making light of the destruction and death due to Sandy, not even week post-the event, for whatever reason, is absolutely vile and disgusting.
You didn't read what I said very carefully. I was asking the question of those who DO believe in the God of the Bible. I was asking of ONLY them: what is so outrageous about what the Rabbi said?

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
If you stick around this particular forum long enough, you'll see dumber things.

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Why is it that so many people say they believe in a Bible which has God judging people with plagues, disasters, etc. And they have no trouble believing that. But, then if anyone suggests, like this rabbi has done, that perhaps a storm might just be God trying to get our attention, and turn us back to Him, they say he's crazy?

If God did that kind of thing in Bible days, what would prevent Him from doing it in modern times?
People in Bible times were too uneducated and ignorant to understand that there were forces of nature in the world that were destructive without it having to be some type of "vengeance from God" every single time. After all, they believed that the earth was flat and that the sun was the center of the universe, amongst many other beliefs that have been proved completely irrelevant with modern science and technology.

Where are the natural disasters in hardcore Islamic countries? Maybe God feels he doesn't need to intervene there because they are too busy killing each other off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies