U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,424,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Gridlock from a Republican controlled congress.
And what about the Senate and Reid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 PM

20,789 posts, read 35,832,860 times
You have to wonder how the stock market is going to perform tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,490,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
It won't get fixed, but will likely get worse. They can blame congress all they want, but we have a closed-off, non-people-person, loner in the White House who is unable to work with anyone who does not agree with him. That is a huge aspect that few want to talk about for whatever reason. It is why I continue to say Obama lacks the leadership skills to be president.
Yes, his tendency to act like a dictator may actually be the best thing.

Conservatives didn't really trust Romney who is also a liberal but Romney would likely have reached across the table to his liberal democrat buddies and would likely get things done -- things that could be too hard to turn around.

The inevitable is about to hit the fan, Obama cannot bring down the deficit, he has no clue how to do it. He has no clue what it takes to run businesses that hire people, he's an ACORN community activist and that's his only viewpoint.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM

13,920 posts, read 10,878,721 times
Excellent question. This one worries me a lot. I honestly don't see a whole hell of a lot of difference whether Obama or Romney would have won.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM

20,789 posts, read 35,832,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, his tendency to act like a dictator may actually be the best thing.

Conservatives didn't really trust Romney who is also a liberal but Romney would likely have reached across the table to his liberal democrat buddies and would likely get things done -- things that could be too hard to turn around.

The inevitable is about to hit the fan, Obama cannot bring down the deficit, he has no clue how to do it. He has no clue what it takes to run businesses that hire people, he's an ACORN community activist and that's his only viewpoint.
Of course Romney is liberal in your mind as only a candidate like Santorum would meet your litmus test on the Republican ticket.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,856,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
However - without even a tiny mandate and a loss of the popular vote, he doesn't have the same authority to act like a king like he did during his first term.

Time will tell -- he was promising again just yesterday that he's going to pour billions of dollars into the housing industry because those are great jobs for hispanics -- obviously the illegals are dancing in the street thinking they are now to get everything they demanded -- but we'll see if Obama can deliver what he promised -- he may find he promised way too much.
He better start then. I know many fine realtors thruout this Country. Many friends, we still have such a surplus of thousands of bank owned properties, repos, pre-foreclosures and foreclsores. I know of many thruout our great Country.

There are still truly thousands of homes not selling, i know many in my State as well as in other States and Counties.

I don't care at this point what illegals get, if those voting for Obama don't care, why the hell should i. I am fine, i have money. But when some lose a job, or a home, because of a illegal, that is on them.

However i truly do know many people still out of work, at the way we are going, what will now happen.

Do you think that obama can move more to the center, i truly still see him being pig-headed.
And should our economy find it's way going backwards instead of forward, tough, people know how hard it has been, to want the same negative economy again, is plain nuts.

Obama is good at promising things, but not delivering things. Really for the sake of our Country, i hope things change for the best, because they cannot afford to go backwards.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM

369 posts, read 387,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The math has been done over and over again, and it doesn't work out. Try again. You're going to have to cut spending somewhere. You also have to get through the GOP Congress which will not let a single Obama item through.

Why doesnt anyone talk about the fact wages havent kept pace with inflation? This would bring more revenue into the treasury and there would be less need for social programs but republicans hate people who make a living wage. Unless its them of course.

Lets not forget globalization and free trade.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 PM

260 posts, read 304,778 times
At best we will be fortunate to help control the interest "only" on this level of debt so far over the
top the average american including myself cannot fathom it's severity. The great late Larry Burkett
(financial advisor to various presidents) and author of "The Coming Economic Earthquake" based his financial death spiral on I believe 6 trillion as our irreversible level of debt. Leading economists and two in particular have us (with entitlements) at 45 trillion and 202 trillion (the later I believe is projected over a number of years) All these celebrants over Obamas win was heart rending yet distrubing as on the one hand I don't want to stip them of their joy, but I view them as understandably ignorant to as to the future (not ignorant people overall). As I watched them dance a part of me wanted to party, while another felt they didn't deserve Romney in the first place for being clueless albeit victims of a collapsed bankrupt country to quote the IMF. The forthcoming hardships ahead cannot be resolved via any president. Advice: Be prepared with provisions and a gun. With the collapse on the horizon THEY (disnfranchised,starving,displaced and angry) will be hunting you for what you have and they don't! We have to prepare for a new type of living referred to as survival. If I'm wrong I see you at Disney world!

Last edited by Rabbidave; 11-06-2012 at 11:12 PM..

Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,132,156 times
It won't and pink slips are going to start to be handed out as many small business cannot afford the obama way and stay in business.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 PM

810 posts, read 562,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Right, it can't possibly be up to the Senate to compromise on spending.

How is Obama going to fix the deficit? By spending more money of course, everyone knows you get yourself out of a hole by continuing to dig.
Who says there's not a compromise on spending? Every time we hear these debates, it's a combination of spending cuts with tax increase on the wealthy. It's the Republicans walking away each time taxes are discussed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies