U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM
 
1,970 posts, read 1,495,366 times
Reputation: 969

Advertisements

It turns out that Romney was right all along: 47% of the country is just "gone", given over to the takers and "looters" as Ayn Rand described it so precisely 50 years ago. Obama knit together a coalition of union thugs, marxist regulators, affirmative action winners, a corrupt media, sixties throwbacks, illegal aliens, race hustlers, and the young and impressionable. I guess congratulations are in order.

For 225 years or so, the USA really was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but that country that we all grew up in is gone: it is now in the same pantheon as ancient Greece and glorious Rome. Like very few countries in history, we have voted for our own demise and dictatorship.

I know the gleeful Obama voters that read this will just consider it to be sour grapes, and I suppose it is. Bitter? You bet.

I won't live long enough to see the totality of the gray, bleak future, but my kids will: they already owe tens of thousands in federal debt, and my grandchildren will suffer even more.

Remember all this country had accomplished and what it once meant to the world: The first modern democracy where the individual ruled, the country that sacrificed the lives of close to 700,000 citizens in a bloody civil war to right the wrong of slavery, the country that twice went to war to salvage the corrupt European political culture, that fought and won the cold war, that grew a prosperous middle class like had never been seen before.
All gone now: get ready for the new normal... My fellow citizens have decided that a pompous and inconsequential narcissist should have his four years of failure rewarded with four more years to accomplish his goal of destroying a once great nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
9,397 posts, read 13,749,781 times
Reputation: 6245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It sounds, very much, like the Governor of Colorado is going to tell his police forces to enforce the federal laws.

So, at least in Colorado, not so much. No word from Washington state yet.
From what I read on HuffPo it sounded like he's required by law to sign the bill. The protections for individuals would kick in immediately once he does so. He'll be a real piece of work if he decides to ignore the voice of his state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
14,011 posts, read 11,003,906 times
Reputation: 12819
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
It turns out that Romney was right all along: 47% of the country is just "gone", given over to the takers and "looters" as Ayn Rand described it so precisely 50 years ago. Obama knit together a coalition of union thugs, marxist regulators, affirmative action winners, a corrupt media, sixties throwbacks, illegal aliens, race hustlers, and the young and impressionable. I guess congratulations are in order.

For 225 years or so, the USA really was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but that country that we all grew up in is gone: it is now in the same pantheon as ancient Greece and glorious Rome. Like very few countries in history, we have voted for our own demise and dictatorship.

I know the gleeful Obama voters that read this will just consider it to be sour grapes, and I suppose it is. Bitter? You bet.

I won't live long enough to see the totality of the gray, bleak future, but my kids will: they already owe tens of thousands in federal debt, and my grandchildren will suffer even more.

Remember all this country had accomplished and what it once meant to the world: The first modern democracy where the individual ruled, the country that sacrificed the lives of close to 700,000 citizens in a bloody civil war to right the wrong of slavery, the country that twice went to war to salvage the corrupt European political culture, that fought and won the cold war, that grew a prosperous middle class like had never been seen before.
All gone now: get ready for the new normal... My fellow citizens have decided that a pompous and inconsequential narcissist should have his four years of failure rewarded with four more years to accomplish his goal of destroying a once great nation.
Calm down. It won't be that bad. Obama will be out in four and another suit will come in. And frankly, not much would have been all that different for America if Romney had won and government for four years. We would still have a structural jobs problem, a deficit, and generally the same set of foreign policy challenges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,162,653 times
Reputation: 8623
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
From what I read on HuffPo it sounded like he's required by law to sign the bill. The protections for individuals would kick in immediately once he does so. He'll be a real piece of work if he decides to ignore the voice of his state.
He will have to sign the law,


but....

Just like with federal immigration law, he can instruct law enforcement to enforce federal marijuana laws.

We'll see....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
 
15,723 posts, read 9,709,788 times
Reputation: 6988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Those countries are more like Sodom or Gomorrah.
They are quite hospitable and caring actually. Your Biblical knowledge is pathetic.

Quote:
Please try to stay on topic. Your attempts to derail this are annoying.
Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,162,653 times
Reputation: 8623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
It turns out that Romney was right all along: 47% of the country is just "gone", given over to the takers and "looters" as Ayn Rand described it so precisely 50 years ago. Obama knit together a coalition of union thugs, marxist regulators, affirmative action winners, a corrupt media, sixties throwbacks, illegal aliens, race hustlers, and the young and impressionable. I guess congratulations are in order.

For 225 years or so, the USA really was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but that country that we all grew up in is gone: it is now in the same pantheon as ancient Greece and glorious Rome. Like very few countries in history, we have voted for our own demise and dictatorship.

I know the gleeful Obama voters that read this will just consider it to be sour grapes, and I suppose it is. Bitter? You bet.

I won't live long enough to see the totality of the gray, bleak future, but my kids will: they already owe tens of thousands in federal debt, and my grandchildren will suffer even more.

Remember all this country had accomplished and what it once meant to the world: The first modern democracy where the individual ruled, the country that sacrificed the lives of close to 700,000 citizens in a bloody civil war to right the wrong of slavery, the country that twice went to war to salvage the corrupt European political culture, that fought and won the cold war, that grew a prosperous middle class like had never been seen before.
All gone now: get ready for the new normal... My fellow citizens have decided that a pompous and inconsequential narcissist should have his four years of failure rewarded with four more years to accomplish his goal of destroying a once great nation.


R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
9,397 posts, read 13,749,781 times
Reputation: 6245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
He will have to sign the law,


but....

Just like with federal immigration law, he can instruct law enforcement to enforce federal marijuana laws.

We'll see....
I wonder if CO has recalls like California does. It'd be hilarious to see him try and enforce fed laws only to be kicked out of office altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM
 
488 posts, read 354,097 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yup.....we are becoming more like ancient Rome with every election cycle.
And that is a good thing. This country is too big and fractured to continue dragging itself around by dint of ideology & faith & spit. Now if it could be done sanely, without massive violence or war... But that is asking too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM
 
19,950 posts, read 13,724,425 times
Reputation: 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They are quite hospitable and caring actually. Your Biblical knowledge is pathetic.


Deal with it.
Sodom and Gomorrah were quite hospitable as well if you are like-minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
 
1,970 posts, read 1,495,366 times
Reputation: 969
Praise the Lord and be sure to buy plenty of ammo!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top